Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CP4 Fuel Bypass Kit.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:41 PM
12F350
Freshman User
12F350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
CP4 Fuel Bypass Kit.

Anyone done this? A coworker has done this mod on his truck. I'm curious on some ballpark averages of how long it takes to complete etc.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:02 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Year and model and type of motor of your truck will help.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:04 PM
12F350
Freshman User
Oops, 2012 F350 6.7,

Old 11-30-2018, 07:29 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I moved this to the 6.7 engine forum since this is very specific.

the 6.7 does not present problems as long as your fuel is good and you change the filters per the manual.

others will chime in.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:40 PM
12F350
Freshman User
From what I'm reading online, it's a failure of the fuel injection pump . If it fails, it allows the debris to flow to your high pressure fuel system, rails , injectors etc. causing replacement of the whole system.
im wondering if it's that common and if it's worth the cheap insurance.
A reroute kit prevents this secondary damage.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:24 AM
Superdave71
Senior User
Superdave71 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This was hashed out in the last month or so. Some see it your way, that the bottom end grenades and this kit send the bits to the tank to be cleaned saving the rest of the hp fuel system components. Others have argued that the failure originates (or can) on the top end of the pump and this kit will not help. No proof offered either way. In either case, it’s also been pointed out that when it’s (the fuel) cold the DFCM doesn’t send fuel to the tank but redirects back to the engine. In the scenario of the kit installed and a bottom end failure you still loose because the bits come back and you loose the DFCM too.

Im in this for the long haul, and I really don’t see a lot of failures reported. I considered this, but decided to pass. Those failures are usually caused by bad fuel. If you feel you have to do something, I’d look at an additional filter/water trap, or just stay on top of the fuel you buy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: