6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

does the 6.7 have a fuel heater?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 07:33 AM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
No it's okay still added to your truck while you're driving it will mix around in the tank that's how it works. it won't help you if you freeze then you need the terrible 911 which I've used many of time myself LOL as a matter of fact my Ford dealer even in put it in my truck when they couldn't get it to start .

Old 01-28-2019, 09:05 AM
wildbranch
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotten a couple of email that I can't seem to reply to. I also have a thread going on a tractor forum about the gelling problem. I'm going to post a couple of replies. What it comes down to, doesn't seem to make a difference what additive you use, what it does depend on is where your fuel is coming from and how they are treating it. This guy delivers diesel etc, knows his suppliers, problem is other than the good one, won't name the bad one.

"This is the answer, one of our main suppliers is on THEIR third winter with no kero blending (only a cold flow additive) and I'm on MY third winter of having to stop and drop straight clear kero to fix the problems that it causes for our customers." problem is I can put this into my tractor which I did yesterday, not so my truck and I can't find #1 diesel.

"1. We generally get this question more often from heating oil customers with an outside tank, "what temp can I still use straight #2 fuel oil, 15-20 degrees and then you'll start having problems. #2 is #2 whether it's heating oil or diesel.
2. According to my suppliers #1 diesel is straight kerosene, but I've had this argument on here before by others who beg to differ.
3. Typically around here they start with 10% early November and increase from there depending on the temps. I've seen it as high as 40% kero when temps get as cold as we've seen here right now. The last email I received from my better supplier has them at 30%, but I have a new rep for them and he's not so quick to let me know.
4. Yes, it actually more important when using "winter" blended diesel because it adds much needed lubricity."

"Up here above your state B20 is the cut off, anything above that they have to label it, but B20 is the enemy. Last winter we were swamped with calls from townships about problems they were having with their diesel supplier giving them B20 diesel, we even helped out where we could but awarded bids are contracts so I am limited as too how much I can help without over stepping boundaries from a legal aspect. Most learned from that experience last winter and now put the wording in the bid "nothing more than B5".

FWIW-all #2 marketed in the US is at least B2 but anything B5 and higher has to be known to us when we purchase it at a terminal. "

so according to this same person, but I think it's typo, they don't have to label bio until 20%. now the additives I have all say if bio double the dose, but I started doing that last year and still gelled up, so I have to assume that I'm getting the winter blend with additives and no #1 diesel. So you may be fine today, but may gell up the next time you fill up depending on the supplier. Now in NY people have reported Byrne dairy, speedway, as chains that appear to not be mixing in #1 diesel. I will find out this week if the #1 in the tractor keeps it from gelling. You just can't make this stuff up.