Correct battery cables - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Correct battery cables

Old 11-06-2018, 03:30 PM
steve340
Senior User
steve340 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Correct battery cables

I found the correct battery cables that nobody sells. I used # BC3 from the 67 Ford Mustang bought at Mustangs Unlimited. It has the correct wires and ends on the cables. Just thought I'd pass this along for those of you that like original stuff.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:52 AM
GaryKip
Postmaster
GaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to behold
That does look factory now, good job.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:03 AM
mrpotatohead
Posting Guru
mrpotatohead is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Awesome, thanks for posting.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:31 AM
FuzzFace2
Post Fiend
FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by GaryKip View Post
That does look factory now, good job.
Other than the Inter State battery. Do they make a repo of the stock battery or a slip on cover?

Originally Posted by mrpotatohead View Post
Awesome, thanks for posting.
And yes thanks for posting.
Dave - - - -

Old 11-09-2018, 12:00 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
HIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FuzzFace2 View Post
Other than the Inter State battery. Do they make a repo of the stock battery or a slip on cover?
There is an Autolite-branded battery cover available on the market from Cobranda and other sellers:

Ford Autolite Battery Cover

$42 from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard...

,,,pretty cool little item for that vintage look. Strip off the decals from whatever battery ya got and be golden.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:16 PM
steve340
Senior User
steve340 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The wires even have the name "Autolite" and the part numbers on them. The kit includes the 3rd wire going down to the starter with the heat shield sleeve made of a black cloth tar stuff. I still had the original cables on the truck from 1968 before I had to change them because they were starting to crack. And yes, the ground wire does have the BIG hole terminal at the end for the huge ground bolt to go through.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.