Suggestions Please - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Suggestions Please

Old 10-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Dlowry
New User
Dlowry is starting off with a positive reputation.
Suggestions Please

I have a 2000 Excursion. I have a rust issue in the usual place. I need to replace both sides of the rocker panels from front door to rear of back door and most likely the frond of the rear quarter panel. The question is; Is there a company currently selling these body parts if so where can I find them? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:32 AM
LACzar
Senior User
LACzar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:32 AM
F350 1990
Elder User
F350 1990 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Aftermarket parts fitment is a hit or miss issue --- largely MISS. If you're so inclined try for original parts used, invest in a nice Miller Welder (I recommend the Miller Matic 211 - some of my Miller welders are decades old and still work like a charm) and go for it.....................

Old 12-18-2018, 10:59 PM
Imadentguy
Senior User
Imadentguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by F350 1990 View Post
Aftermarket parts fitment is a hit or miss issue --- largely MISS. If you're so inclined try for original parts used, invest in a nice Miller Welder (I recommend the Miller Matic 211 - some of my Miller welders are decades old and still work like a charm) and go for it.....................
nailed it! I would try and find original. Aftermarket is usually more problems than its worth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.