decisions - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

decisions

Old 10-10-2018, 02:21 PM
OK F1
Senior User
OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
The tank you selected from Summit is a TanksInc. tank. I've purchased several from them for both carbed and fuel injected applications, and they are of the highest quality. Most of their tanks will accept the original sender and/or have a provision for accepting an aftermarket sender to accommodate modern gauges. Free shipping makes it a no-brainer.

Buying new is definitely the way to go as far as I am concerned. I've spent a lot of time (and sometimes money) trying to clean old tanks, only to end up buying a new one anyway. You won't be sorry.

Good luck with your truck

Old 10-10-2018, 07:10 PM
mcbrine
New User
mcbrine is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
New is a lot less work I spent a lot of time cleaning mine now i want to put a mustang gas tank in the frame behind axle so i don't have the slosh slosh when I'm driving . I'm trying to learn to buy and do stuff only once I'm just starting and i have did everything twice

Old 10-12-2018, 04:55 PM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
Buy new, the key being to match sender with guage setup.

Tanks Inc was my vendor of choice but I needed an in tank pump and sender to be capatible with my EFI 5.0L

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.