Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

+++ Today was a Good Day! What Did You Do To Your Rig? +++

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
Helped test and replace some GP's on a friends 2003 7.3. We the tackles his 4R100 shifter being sloppy and way off.

I told him he should have bought a ZF6, but would help anyway.

Today was a good day...

Metal Twister, than load is unsafe to travel with for you, those around you and your standing with with law enforcement.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:15 PM
Metal twister
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well guys I did do it and that was by far the heaviest of the three loads. 1700 miles and it pulled straight and stopped well. Weight distribution on the trailer was good as the model T weighs nothing. The lathe behind it was a bit heavy.

The anvil, antique hit n miss, rotory punch, bead roller, stomp shear, antique peddle lathe and a ton of other things stuffed under the camper shell is what put the squat on the *** end.... In retrospect it was probably a bit to heavy, Actually the pic really made it look a bit worse than it really was. The truck was parked up hill and gave it a bit more squat than what it was on level ground. Much, much better than the first trip! Now with the heavest stuff delivered the next two trips will be cruising.

First trip really sucked!

Old 12-18-2018, 08:14 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Getting ready to install a rebuilt pedestal this week, redo the 20 year-old exhaust brake wiring, and attempt to stitch my busted seam on the driver's seat. I am beginning to wish I had cloth seats. I never thought I would say that, but I really wish I did.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:39 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Getting ready to install a rebuilt pedestal this week, redo the 20 year-old exhaust brake wiring, and attempt to stitch my busted seam on the driver's seat. I am beginning to wish I had cloth seats. I never thought I would say that, but I really wish I did.
its all about conditioning, conditioning conditioning, slick. My l99 with cloth started not long ago, tearing. Not bad for 20yrs old. My 02 leather, looks like the hide lost to the barb fencing along with feeling like playing cards..rigid/hard.. Where im going with this is, my buddy, 01 lariat leather, acquired with 140k miles back in 2012. Condition of seats were not ripped but "dry". After numerous applications of leather conditioner, not only do you feel like your sitn on a slip n slide BUT the leather is as soft as silk and as new looking/feeling when first off the plant.
me, im a dirty fuuuk, id rather have vinyl seats and rubber floor instead of carpet.

Back on topic, ordered them ebay tire beads for the l99. Got about 1500 miles on the 02 and SOTP feel makes me think the rides smoother

Old 12-18-2018, 08:42 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Bought a new clutch, ordered the updated clutch fork, made an offer on a new to us 5th wheel. Now to fall asleep after my 12 hr shift researching replacing the rear main just in case

Old 12-18-2018, 09:20 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
its all about conditioning, conditioning conditioning, slick. My l99 with cloth started not long ago, tearing. Not bad for 20yrs old. My 02 leather, looks like the hide lost to the barb fencing along with feeling like playing cards..rigid/hard.. Where im going with this is, my buddy, 01 lariat leather, acquired with 140k miles back in 2012. Condition of seats were not ripped but "dry". After numerous applications of leather conditioner, not only do you feel like your sitn on a slip n slide BUT the leather is as soft as silk and as new looking/feeling when first off the plant.
me, im a dirty fuuuk, id rather have vinyl seats and rubber floor instead of carpet.

Back on topic, ordered them ebay tire beads for the l99. Got about 1500 miles on the 02 and SOTP feel makes me think the rides smoother
I hear ya Timayy.....I have the Lariat and wondered if it was even real leather .I am a vinyl seat/rubber floor man myself. I'd do that in a second. I hate carpet.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:00 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
I had my mom sew the seam back together on my CLOTH seat next to the driver door a few years ago. She did a bang up job and you cannot even tell it was ever coming apart.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:15 AM
MD_7.three
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Saturday was the first time I really got to dig-in to the 7.3...replaced the glowplugs, uvch's, and relay, plus all the re-torquing of bolts along the way. Gave me a good bit of confidence to take on my leaky pedestal this summer once I decide what direction I want/can afford to go.

My old truck was a 2000 Suburban z71 (blasphemy on a ford forum I know) but I had great luck with OEM replacment leather seat bottom cover I purchased from "The Seat Shop" online...worth checking out if you want another 20 years out of the repair!

Old 12-18-2018, 03:15 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
I have the Lariat and wondered if it was even real leather .
From what I understand the center sections are leather from the shoulders to the thighs and everything else is vinyl (headrest, wings, sides, back, and armrest).

For those that like pictures...

It wasn't an option when I got my covers but The Seat Shop now offers a full leather option for a completely supple driving experience.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:41 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by brian42
From what I understand the center sections are leather from the shoulders to the thighs and everything else is vinyl (headrest, wings, sides, back, and armrest).

For those that like pictures...

It wasn't an option when I got my covers but The Seat Shop now offers a full leather option for a completely supple driving experience.
Originally Posted by Sous
I had my mom sew the seam back together on my CLOTH seat next to the driver door a few years ago. She did a bang up job and you cannot even tell it was ever coming apart.
Originally Posted by MD_7.three
Saturday was the first time I really got to dig-in to the 7.3...replaced the glowplugs, uvch's, and relay, plus all the re-torquing of bolts along the way. Gave me a good bit of confidence to take on my leaky pedestal this summer once I decide what direction I want/can afford to go.My old truck was a 2000 Suburban z71 (blasphemy on a ford forum I know) but I had great luck with OEM replacment leather seat bottom cover I purchased from "The Seat Shop" online...worth checking out if you want another 20 years out of the repair!
Thanks fellas. I'll check 'em out and see what's up. I'd gladly trade someone cloth for leather honestly LOL

Old 12-18-2018, 05:46 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Just looked and wow, those prices are really great. I got some thinking to do.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Haven't looked lately, but I thought they were high. Thing is, you should change the cushions also. I'd change the seat back on the drivers side as well. I need to change mine out this year before we go on vacation. My leather seat is toast on the drivers side along with the cushion. Every buddy I know that has done this said it's like a new truck. It's funny what we get use to.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:09 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Yo Chet..where you been? Thought, you got buried in the sand or just having that much fun with the new TH that you extended your Glamis stay for a month..

Old 12-19-2018, 08:44 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Haven't looked lately, but I thought they were high. Thing is, you should change the cushions also. I'd change the seat back on the drivers side as well. I need to change mine out this year before we go on vacation. My leather seat is toast on the drivers side along with the cushion. Every buddy I know that has done this said it's like a new truck. It's funny what we get use to.
When I neeed my seat done I didn't get a warm fuzzy from any of the upholstery shops I considered and there was no way I was going to blindly go over the border to get it done (I couldn't find anybody that could recommend someone). Looking around I decided on The Seat Shop. I watched the videos and gave them a call. They were happy to talk with me and discuss what I wanted.

Ford no longer has all the parts for the seat so I ended up getting the back pad from Ford and everything else from The Seat Shop (top cover, bottom cover, armrest cover, and bottom pad). It wasn't cheap but my seat looks and feels like new. Everything was a perfect fit and match. The only mistake I made was to buy their el cheapo hog ring pliers. If you go the cheap route that don't have padded handles be sure to wear gloves! My had was bruised for a few days after the job since I didn't figure that out until after I was done. Probably only a 2-3 hour job but adding my OCD correction factor it took me a full day to complete.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Pictures Brian or it didn't happen. Me talking, I can't even post pictures. Anyway, they are nice. More then one guy here has used them.
Tim, no I've been everywhere. Lots on things happening this holiday season. Some not so good. Lost a couple friends, grand daughters husband
graduation, ect.. But yes, we've been using the TH as much as possible. Have some things I have to do to the truck for this summer. Hope to take
a long trip. Anyway, God bless guys,

Chet

Quick Reply: +++ Today was a Good Day! What Did You Do To Your Rig? +++