N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Octobers Spooktacular Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by timf150
Man Town.........Talk about the good-ol-days. Will it ever return?

Tim M
Hey Tim. No, not where I live now. There's room for about 3 trucks to visit. There's been talk of having a truck day down at Duck Fan's shop, but we haven't finalized anything.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:47 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 230 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Costco had Christmas trees and decorations up the first week of September. Two years ago they had them up in August for a few days before they removed them, only to show up a couple weeks later in September.

Maybe one of these days when I hit the lottery I'll hire someone to decorate my house for Christmas like we see in those videos, LOL!

Stewart
Costco is the only place where you can return the Christmas tree, after Christmas is over.

When you win the lottery, you can permanently decorate your house for Christmas, and keep it that way all year long. Like those dive bars that use Christmas lights as the sole source of illumination.

As for me, most of my life is spent in dive bars with Christmas lights. I didn't even have to win the lottery. I'm a step ahead of you.

Chicken & Waffles is not a cultural hallmark, nor is it culinary genius. What does that say about your people, if the best that they can come up with is fried chicken and waffles? Don't get me wrong. I like chicken & waffles. I just don't think it's anything to be proud of. All this humbug, and it's not even last call yet. I can't wait until Turkey Day. I'll serve deep fried turkey & pancakes! Then proclaim that to be representative of California culture & California Cuisine. A locally harvested organic turkey. I'll ****** one off the streets of Berkeley where they run wild. My pancakes will will be cage-free, gluten free, pan free, and cake free. Bring on the tales of Jack-O-Lanterns, and ex-mother-in-laws riding on broomsticks. I special ordered a batch of candy cigarettes to give away this year. They are still being made and sold. https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collect...ndy-cigarettes The trick or treat part is that I will place them in a candy bowl, mixed in with real cigarettes!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Happy Friday Nor Cal! Hope everyone has a good weekend

Jim

Old 10-05-2018, 03:30 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
I'm "kinda" in a neighborhood, everyone has a couple to a couple dozen acres. But they're too spread apart to do efficient treating! Hope your surgery went well.
That's similar to our situation.We share our driveway with 8 other homes, with everyone on multi-acre parcels. Kind of spread out, but almost no kids anymore. Well, there is one family with one kid now. Hardly a trick-or-treat heaven.

Surgery went well. I'm laid up for 2 weeks before I get a walking cast. In the mean time I am under strict orders to not put any weight at all on that leg. A lot of swelling the first couple of days, but now seem to have a little space inside the splint/cast. Supposed to get my walking cast on October 16.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

That is good to hear.

After being in the motel for a week, and getting home last night. I went to the store today still with no hot water. I come back maybe hour and a half, two hours tops, and the plumbers are just leaving. The fixed the issue in less than two hours. Had the land lady hired them first, I never would have spent any time in a motel. What a joke. Instead of trying to cut corners, she should have hired the plumber in the very beginning.

Jim

Old 10-06-2018, 12:48 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Penny wise, pound foolish.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Yes indeed. I bet she doesn't do that again. LOL

Jim

Old 10-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Sunday Nor Cal. Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Jim

Old 10-12-2018, 09:22 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There you guys are , I was still stuck in Sept , we use to decorate the yard for Halloween , but in the same boat , out here in the Country , nobody comes , for years I would go buy bags of candy , thinking well it’s a off season for trick or treaters , nooo it’s just too dark and the driveway is spooky long , plus I think the Dogs scared them away , my Wife does it up for Christmas and I leave the icecicle lights up for most of the year , seeing that most the time they get put up a few days before Christmas ,lol, yea I know I’m one of those guys .
Glad the surgery went well , don’t rush it , takes time to heal
5150 I bought some of those old school candy cigs a few years ago , my daughter was with me and I told her this is how we started to smoke, Remember the other ones that when you blew out a puff of powder smoke would come out the end , I think they banned them due to kids inhaling the powder ,
have a great weekend gents

Old 10-13-2018, 03:02 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy weekend all,

Jim

Old 10-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Saturday Nor Cal! Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim

Old 10-14-2018, 12:32 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Sunday all. Hope you all have a blessed day.

Jim

Old 10-14-2018, 02:47 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Happy Sunday all. Hope you all have a blessed day.

Jim
Well, it's as windy as all get out up here. 10-20 mph with two new fires.

Hope that everyone else is staying safe and mellow.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:14 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

We have had good weather these past few days, so I am not going to complain.

Jim

Old 10-15-2018, 12:25 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Cooler here today than they forecast, but I'm not complaining. Got electricians here today trying to fix some "creative wiring" done by the previous owner. Previous electrician could not figure it out. We shall see.

Last day today with my post-surgery cast. Going in tomorrow to get it & the stitches removed. If the X-rays look OK, I will get a walking cast. Getting cabin fever...

Quick Reply: Octobers Spooktacular Chat Thread