Antisieze - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion

Antisieze

Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 PM
mark a.
Post Fiend
mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.
Antisieze

I have a can that is going hard. Is there any way I can revive it ? Something has evaporated that made it go hard ?

Old 09-26-2018, 09:08 AM
mark a.
Post Fiend
mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.
Guess I'll try a little kero. Hate to throw it in the junk.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:06 PM
PupnDuck
Elder User
PupnDuck has a very good reputation on FTE.PupnDuck has a very good reputation on FTE.PupnDuck has a very good reputation on FTE.
Don't know that I'd use something that evaporates easily and is flammable. Most anti-seize that I've seen uses some type of light oil as a carrier. You don't really want the carrier to evaporate completely.
Unless you've got a lot of this stuff, it would seem like a better idea to toss it and buy new. It isn't THAT expensive.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:21 PM
mark a.
Post Fiend
I would toss it but it's almost full. I'm a cheepscate I guess and got nothing to loose. Haven't messed with it yet so I'll try some 3 in one oil. It's the lightest stuff I got around here.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:43 PM
resonateur
Elder User
resonateur is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.resonateur is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
....last can of anti-seize I had....I couldn't get the cover off.....!

Old 10-02-2018, 12:46 AM
ford2go
Postmaster
ford2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud of
I'm pretty cheap as well, but I'd probably chuck it(around here that would mean take it to the hazardous waste place.)

How will you know that it still works after you put something else in it? If you're relying on it to get your spark plugs out next time, you could be in for a shock.

I don't know that anything would happen, but it would worry me.

hj

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.