hidden strobe lights - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

hidden strobe lights

Old 09-19-2018, 05:44 AM
Gwilkrrs
Posting Guru
Gwilkrrs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Gwilkrrs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
hidden strobe lights

18 f350- cclb
I cant use my magnetic mount roof top light bar and don't want the bracket that mounts around the 3rd brake light.......
what are people using for the hidden lights? I worry the cord lengths aren't long enough to reach the rear taillights?
photos?

Old 09-19-2018, 08:39 AM
StrikeForce
Senior User
StrikeForce is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been contemplating doing something similar and not wanting the roof bracket either. I don't go on the job site with this truck often but it would be nice to have amber strobes on the upfitter switches for when I do. I need to figure out how to route all of the wiring from the upfitter box without tearing the whole truck apart in doing so.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:50 AM
Turbo Dog
Postmaster
Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have a set that clipped into my the backside of my front grill...can't remember who made them. Take a look at this website, they have a variety of hidden strobe lights.
Online LED Store

Old 09-19-2018, 09:08 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
I have a set of small amber LED strobes concealed in my grille and another set mounted on my Magnum headache rack. They are wired to upfitters #1 and #2 so I can operate front and rear separately if I desire. I bought them from Strobes 'N More in Rhode Island. Very bright, definitely better than the round lights...I use for plowing. I'm all about discreet...I drive this truck every day. Upfitter wiring is very straightforward and clean.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:06 AM
17350kr
Junior User
17350kr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I donít know where I saw it but some one makes a kit to turn your mirror spot lights in to strobes. Itís just a module you wire in.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:10 AM
CPal
Senior User
CPal is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lots of options for the front of your vehicle, unfortunately there isn't for the back of vehicle if you want high mounted and dont want to use a headache rack. Theres a kit available thru ford that has kind of a plate that mounts 2 strobes on either side of 3rd brake light but not sure if it can be purchased separate. I've tried finding part number with no luck.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:49 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
The mirror mod is from Wicked Warnings (https://www.wickedwarnings.com/produ...irror-mod-kit/) but only gives you white flashers. Cool idea, kind of expensive, and not terribly effective.

I believe you can buy the Ford offered discreet strobes separately and wire them to upfitters. The two in the front mount to the rear edge of the hood; I don't like that. No idea how effective they are, and they are very expensive.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:03 AM
CPal
Senior User
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
The mirror mod is from Wicked Warnings (https://www.wickedwarnings.com/produ...irror-mod-kit/) but only gives you white flashers. Cool idea, kind of expensive, and not terribly effective.

I believe you can buy the Ford offered discreet strobes separately and wire them to upfitters. The two in the front mount to the rear edge of the hood; I don't like that. No idea how effective they are, and they are very expensive.
Agree. I like the kit other than the hood mounted lights and the price for what you get. I would mount the hood lights in the grill if I ever got that kit.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:11 AM
pmichael
Freshman User
pmichael is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the actual Ford OEM strobes put on the truck when I bought it. They consist of two lights that clip on the hood, by the windshield wipers and a fisture that surrounds the third light on the CAB. Only problem is they wired it to up-fitter 4 which hot only when truck is running. Need to move it to 5 or 6.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:13 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by pmichael View Post
I had the actual Ford OEM strobes put on the truck when I bought it. They consist of two lights that clip on the hood, by the windshield wipers and a fisture that surrounds the third light on the CAB. Only problem is they wired it to up-fitter 4 which hot only when truck is running. Need to move it to 5 or 6.
That wouldn't be hard to do. You will need to move the jumper in the box though, to make 5 and 6 hot. I hate having to "waste" those very high amperage 5&6 upfitters on some low-draw strobes, though.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
CPal
Senior User
Originally Posted by pmichael View Post
you wouldnt happen to have the part number for the third brake light fixture with the two amber LEDs strobes do you? That's the only piece I want from the kit.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 AM
pmichael
Freshman User
Originally Posted by CPal View Post
you wouldnt happen to have the part number for the third brake light fixture with the two amber LEDs strobes do you? That's the only piece I want from the kit.
I don't, I just told the dealer I wanted the factory strobe option on the truck.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:25 AM
pmichael
Freshman User
That wouldn't be hard to do. You will need to move the jumper in the box though, to make 5 and 6 hot. I hate having to "waste" those very high amperage 5&6 upfitters on some low-draw strobes, though.
Yeah I am with you on that. Problem is if I keep the truck running it eventually cuts off after 15 minutes. May just change that and go with it like it is.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:44 AM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Maybe a little low budget, but I really only use mine if there's a snowstorm. I bought an amber/white light bar from Amazon and it's secured to the inside of the rear window (below mirror height) with some quality suction cup hooks. Cord runs under rear seat to power at rear of console.
For the front I have one that sits on the dash or suction cups to the windshield. I only pull that one out as needed as it blocks the sensor that turns on auto headlights.
If I had an everyday use I'd have spent more and gone higher quality.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:08 PM
CaptainDeadpool
Freshman User
CaptainDeadpool is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a set of small amber LED strobes concealed in my grille and another set mounted on my Magnum headache rack. They are wired to upfitters #1 and #2 so I can operate front and rear separately if I desire. I bought them from Strobes 'N More in Rhode Island. Very bright, definitely better than the round lights...I use for plowing. I'm all about discreet...I drive this truck every day. Upfitter wiring is very straightforward and clean.
Any pictures of the lights mounted and up close? I plan on installing a deezee headache rack so could likely do the same as you have. Sounds like it was what I had in my head but curious how it looks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.