Notices
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help asap, Dana 60 hub

Old 09-16-2018, 01:49 PM
DoctorSharpY
New User
DoctorSharpY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need help asap, Dana 60 hub

Hey guys, first post here.
I've been searching literally everywhere to find some info on what I'm looking for.

Little back story, I was driving and my brakes cut out.. Went and bought a new master cylinder because it seemed like that was it (soft pedal to ground), bench bled that, then bled the drivers side caliper. When I went to passenger side.. I noticed that when the truck was off the ground.. The wheel had some play.. Took the wheel off and noticed my rotor wasn't even making contact with the pads/caliper unless at steering lock (had somewhat working brakes at lock prior ). So I started taking out the hub lock and hub/rotor and noticed that the hub lock needed some tlc and went and bought the warn repair kit (have the warn hub locks). Then I noticed the bearings in the hub just fall out when taking it out. So now I'm stuck with some parts I cannot get off that I can't even find in any dana 60 diagram or anything. I got everything except one piece out that just doesn't appear anywhere.. I'll attach a photo below if anyone can help. I tried chiseling a small groove to catch with something but no luck

Truck is a 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3L turbo diesel
2W Abs, 4w drive

Old 09-16-2018, 01:56 PM
fordman67
Post Fiend
fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.
That is the bearing cone. You have some burned up bearings. They have to come off even if cutting is needed

Old 09-16-2018, 02:06 PM
DoctorSharpY
New User
DoctorSharpY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fordman, thank you so much for the quick reply.
Im not surprised that it's all messed up, the guy I got the truck from wasn't exactly the example of good maintenance

Do you know if this would be the proper kit to get that and replace some other things while there of course
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/national-2929/tire---wheel-16779/wheel-bearings---seals-16502/axle-spindle-bearing-13366/5b91a93c6200/national-wheel-bearing-seal-kit/sbk5/2554234

Thank you again for the quick reply

Old 09-16-2018, 05:49 PM
fordman67
Post Fiend
fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a great reputation on FTE.
That's the inner stuff behind spindle.
you just need wheel bearings/seal.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:00 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by DoctorSharpY View Post
Hey guys, first post here.
I've been searching literally everywhere to find some info on what I'm looking for.

Little back story, I was driving and my brakes cut out.. Went and bought a new master cylinder because it seemed like that was it (soft pedal to ground), bench bled that, then bled the drivers side caliper. When I went to passenger side.. I noticed that when the truck was off the ground.. The wheel had some play.. Took the wheel off and noticed my rotor wasn't even making contact with the pads/caliper unless at steering lock (had somewhat working brakes at lock prior ). So I started taking out the hub lock and hub/rotor and noticed that the hub lock needed some tlc and went and bought the warn repair kit (have the warn hub locks). Then I noticed the bearings in the hub just fall out when taking it out. So now I'm stuck with some parts I cannot get off that I can't even find in any dana 60 diagram or anything. I got everything except one piece out that just doesn't appear anywhere.. I'll attach a photo below if anyone can help. I tried chiseling a small groove to catch with something but no luck

Truck is a 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3L turbo diesel
2W Abs, 4w drive
The section of thread half way down from the end to the left of the slot is messed up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: