2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Back to square one

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 10:41 AM
xxxsherpa
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Look at all the treasures in that pile!!

Old 09-25-2018, 10:55 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 436 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by FishRanger
If we remember the great commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves there would never be an issue.
AMEN to that! That' would solve 99.9% of the problems this country faces today.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by roadpilot
The trick is to buy an expensive house in a nice neighborhood with no HOA. I bought a $700k house with no HOA, no one that can afford that is parking '76 Caddy's on cinder blocks in their yard.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:03 PM
jimzpsd
Fleet Mechanic
Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
I read this thread and shake my head. I cannot for the life of me understand how someone would go to work to pay money for a mortgage and taxes...AND pay HOA fees so that other people could tell you what to do with YOUR property that YOU, not them, are paying for. To me, this goes against every notion of America and freedom I've known. You don't need an HOA to do that. "
Well said, thank you. But, apparently there are people that "need" the HOA. And would be lost without it. (LMAO)

Old 09-25-2018, 06:52 PM
TX Crawler
Tuned
Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
In a previous life, I read contracts (a lot) and it's all about the specific language used. The rule clearly states not to exceed one ton. A F350 is acceptable as it is considered a one-ton truck and does not exceed the one ton limitation.

Very similar to "it all depends on what the definition of 'is' is".....

Old 09-25-2018, 06:56 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,740 Likes on 1,330 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
The trick is to buy an expensive house in a nice neighborhood with no HOA. I bought a $700k house with no HOA, no one that can afford that is parking '76 Caddy's on cinder blocks in their yard.

You just wait 'til I hit the lottery! I have 3 non-running trucks in my backyard...one is just a rolling chassis.

Can I be your neighbor?

Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 PM
Busa 1 Dave
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jimzpsd
Well said, thank you. But, apparently there are people that "need" the HOA. And would be lost without it. (LMAO)
Well not to be rude here but too many goobers out there who belong in a mobile home park and if they want can sit on the porch in their underwear and eat chili with their fingers.. LMAO

Old 09-25-2018, 07:55 PM
Tranz zam
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd never live anywhere with an HOA. Who has the right to tell me what color my house can be, or what I can park in my yard?

Change the emblems if you don't want any confrontation. Me, I'd keep them on.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:25 PM
jimzpsd
Fleet Mechanic
Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Busa 1 Dave
Well not to be rude here but too many goobers out there who belong in a mobile home park and if they want can sit on the porch in their underwear and eat chili with their fingers.. LMAO
Exactly, its that simple. Like YOU said "if they want to". Its their choice of what they want, not what a city ordinance or HOA "thinks" they should and "how" they should. Now your getting it, lol.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:47 PM
Busa 1 Dave
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by jimzpsd
Exactly, its that simple. Like YOU said "if they want to". Its their choice of what they want, not what a city ordinance or HOA "thinks" they should and "how" they should. Now your getting it, lol.
Well actually I have always gotten it this is WHY I live where I do. HOA's and City Ordinances exist for a reason. In the simplest of terms worst case of course, think of it as keeping out the undesirable element who do not care or who are ignorant and do not know that property values and ordinances need to be protected because it is all about $$$$$$$'s. Have a great HOA at this home but if I get tired of it I can always move to the ranch where there is nothing or no one to bother us. Closest gas station is over 25 miles!

Old 09-26-2018, 07:57 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 535 Likes on 259 Posts
Well actually I have always gotten it this is WHY I live where I do. HOA's and City Ordinances exist for a reason. In the simplest of terms worst case of course, think of it as keeping out the undesirable element who do not care or who are ignorant and do not know that property values and ordinances need to be protected because it is all about $$$$$$$'s.
But keep in mind HOA's cannot protect you from everything. How about a well-to-do drug dealer that moves in across the street? He keeps the yard mowed and drives a sedan, so what can the HOA do? Yet people are coming and going at all hours of the night, and his "get togethers" bring an extremely unpleasant element to the neighborhood. The HOA is powerless, and you end up living with neighbors far worse than those who park an unregistered car on the lawn.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Busa 1 Dave
Laughing Gas
But keep in mind HOA's cannot protect you from everything. How about a well-to-do drug dealer that moves in across the street? He keeps the yard mowed and drives a sedan, so what can the HOA do? Yet people are coming and going at all hours of the night, and his "get togethers" bring an extremely unpleasant element to the neighborhood. The HOA is powerless, and you end up living with neighbors far worse than those who park an unregistered car on the lawn.

That is not a valid example and is not applicable as the function of the HOA never was never has been to deal with the criminal element that example is to be handled by LEO which we have plenty of in my city.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:12 AM
troverman
Hotshot
That is not a valid example and is not applicable as the function of the HOA never was never has been to deal with the criminal element that example is to be handled by LEO which we have plenty of in my city.
It's a valid example. Your point was that HOA protects you from an unpleasant element. Mine was that it cannot totally prevent that.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:32 AM
Busa 1 Dave
Laughing Gas
It's a valid example. Your point was that HOA protects you from an unpleasant element. Mine was that it cannot totally prevent that.
Well we will just agree to disagree on the levels of "unpleasant element" as there are many levels that are appropriate for civil action from the HOA and the City and others involve criminal actions which can involve Local, State and Federal LEO entities depending on the crimes allegedly being conducted on the property or by the people who live on the property. Give that one some thought. Given your example I guess the HOA could not protect me from a terrorist cell across the street! I better bring that one up at the next HOA Meeting!!!

Old 09-26-2018, 09:49 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Haha, no problem. In my experience I've found law enforcement has a very hard time actually "catching someone in the act" and making an arrest.

Quick Reply: Back to square one