Skookum 300 4bbl conversion write up - Page 6 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Skookum 300 4bbl conversion write up

Old 01-21-2019, 09:27 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to all
Man you don't hear of these type issues with the 300 usually, fingers crossed for you!

Old 01-21-2019, 03:26 PM
SixerFixer
Junior User
SixerFixer is starting off with a positive reputation.
My feelings towards the 300's stoutness and durability have remained unfazed through this whole ordeal. It just puts into perspective how badly this one was treated. I know everyone says you can run em into the dirt and they just keep asking for more, but they do that with regular maintenance. The P.O. of my truck didn't believe in silly thing like oil changes, or running actual coolant not just straight water, or using a pipe plug in the water neck and a wooden dowel plug in the heater hose because "there was a leak". I haven't actually driven the truck long enough to need an oil change, but i've had to do it at least six times, seven or eight coolant flushes(even with VC-9 and yet it still has a little brown in it not much but it's there.) The poor thing when i got it it would peg the top of the temperature gauge just doing normal driving. When i took the head off there was probably only one coolant passage port not crusted over besides the two main ones at the back of the head. I do have a candidate lined up though. '92 4x4 300 5 speed with a brand new rebuilt engine with papers for $900. It's almost two hours away, but if the body is shot, parting it out would recoup the cost of the engine, and if it's clean I've got a 2bbl Windsor(soon to be 4bbl) that would love to be acquainted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.