2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available and Hill Descent Control Fault messages.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 05:22 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,725 Likes on 2,757 Posts
The board could also be bad. Your lifting of the lid lends some credence to that. But starting with a new relay would be less expensive.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:35 AM
jimd1050
Worry later? IT IS LATER!
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm just going to throw this in here - my 2015 F-350 (gone now - new owner knows about it) had the same issue. No lift, carried a 3200+lb slide-in truck camper - would get the error codes when/if I hit a hard bump with camper onboard, Still could never relate it to rear plugs but coated them with dielectric grease anyway, to no avail. In the end, just before I sold it and got my F-450, I found that I could make it happen simply by letting the parking brake lever snap up hard. Every one out of three times I did that, I'd get the errors - tried to tell my Dealer that it was probably a loose connector up under the dashboard to one of the dashboard computers? He told me I'd have to remove ALL of my mods (external lighting, both front and rear, air horns, etc.) before Ford would let them troubleshoot an electrical issue like that. I sold the truck and told the new owner about the issue - he's been fine with it! (and he bought both truck and camper).

I think this just proves something someone else said a while back - these errors are probably a "Catch All" for several different electrical issues!

Old 05-06-2021, 03:42 PM
Humquint555
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same issue. Got it fixed.

GOT THE SAME ISSUE AND JUST GOT IT FIXED FOR THE SECOND TIME. ITS THE THROTTLE BOTY. SECOND TIME MINE GOES OUT. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMONE IN THE FUTURE

[/QUOTE]

Old 07-11-2021, 04:43 PM
RaiderBob
Mountain Pass
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
same issue for the 2nd time..already lifted when I bought it. Dealer kept it several days and replaced a sensor for 500 bucks...told me it was fixed so went to pick it up and didn't even make it a mile down the road before it tripped again. they ended up tightening down everything related to the lift and until 3 days ago it had solved the issue. I went ahead and ordered the pitman arm nut but wanted to see if that has returned from the others who replaced this nut.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:17 AM
EXP15
New User
Originally Posted by nuctrooper
This is indicative of water intrusion into an electrical connector back by the spare tire. It is a grey long rectangle connector on the passenger side of the spare, with about 20 or so wires passing through it. With the truck off, pull the connector apart, clean it with a rag, blow dry with compressed air (if you have it), put dielectric grease on both sides of the connector, and put it back together. You can find dielectric grease at any auto parts store, Walmart, etc.
This has fixed many here on the forums (including mine). If it persists, take it in and have the dealer replace that connector.
I have a 2015 Expedition. Been chasing this problem for a year or so. I looked for the connector you mention but can't find it.
Hate to ask but could you maybe narrow down location for me.
Thanks in advance.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:10 PM
Blow Smoke
New User
Did you find the issue?

Originally Posted by Nick Wiegand
Thanks for the help. This issue has really been a complete pain. I plow snow commercially with mine and with all the snow we've been getting I can't afford to have it down anymore. I'm about ready to trade it in.
Did you find the issue? Mine is growing all the same codes including turbo jumping up and staying at 40

Old 09-23-2021, 02:28 PM
BrothersK
New User
I have the same error codes pop up when I go from smooth pavement to a rough gravel road. something is loose. checked and greased all connectors. Have to been to the dealer yet.
2019 F350 SRW 6.7

Old 12-01-2021, 06:35 PM
dbraynor
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but had this issue going to work this AM. Searched this site and tried a suggested remedy. No rain here in 2 weeks. It worked! I wanted to thank everyone as pushing in the connectors near the parking brake seems to have solved my problem. Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-08-2021, 01:05 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 997 Likes on 767 Posts
I have a 2019 f-450 6.7 that has these messages. it started about a month ago.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:19 PM
Alaskaguy11
New User
Originally Posted by usmcbayboat
Okay I had all these messages but also "See Manual" and "Engine Coolant Over Temperature" and No Crank... nothing. It was 47° so it was a cold start.

Checked the White Plug on the frame near the Spare. All Good.
Checked the Pitman Arm Nut. Looked fine.
Made sure all of my ECM or PCM Plugs were seated good and locked in.

Still nothing...

WITH THE KEY ON... Popped the cover on the Fuse box (Just popped one corner) and I heard my fuel pump pressurize and my door started dinging.

Fired right up. No more codes. Ran to town. Got there. Restarted - couple hours later no start.
AGAIN, WITH THE KEY ON Popped the one corner on the fuse panel again - same Fuel Pump Pressurized and the Door started dinging. I need to check my Pos / Neg connections there and apply some bielectric grease. That or it may be a faulty relay? No clue but my issue is there. And a slight vibration when I pop the box is making connection.

Whew. After reading this thread and a no crank to boot I was very worried. I just put a $17,176 new 2020 engine in it. So I have been there. Took me 10 mo, a business, family, home, and very rough road to get it back. I have roughly 1,700 miles on the new 2020 Engine. It's a 2017 (built in 2016).
Originally Posted by usmcbayboat
I left the Fuse Box top off since the codes returned and no crank. I figured when I pop that corner of the fuse box I touch the PCM Relay, Listed as No.14 in the Box Diagram.

On another return of the codes and no crank I touched the Powertrain Control Module Relay (14) and I heard everything come on and no more codes.

Just a thought. Maybe $20 new Relay would be a good start in all of this. Just because a relay works doesn't mean it "works". I've seen it on an F-150 throwing "no communication" codes had a Relay that clicked but when they replaced it and it started and had no more codes they cracked the old one open like a Pecan and it had corrosion in it. Green corrosion INSIDE the Relay. Imagine China quality control allowing that right? Shocking.

Again, I have no more Hill Start Assist, Hill Decent Fail, Trac Control issues, nothing. I still need to get another relay but its clearing my codes when it works properly.

Thanks, Devil Dog! I have a 2014 Raptor with the 6.2L engine. I had one code the same as PackerBacker TX (P193C) and two other codes that I have not seen others get (B1108 & U0422). I was not getting the AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist, or Hill Descent warnings on the dash. My truck would just shut down as I'm rolling down the interstate. I then used my Blue Driver to find the codes previously mentioned. I cleared them and they came back. Then I could not start the truck.

I used your experience and opened the fuse box under the hood while my wife turned the ignition on. I heard the fuel pump pressurize the fuel lines. But it still would not start. I gently tapped in all of the relays and fuses with the end of a screwdriver handle. Every one of them were not seated all the way down. I estimate they were between 1/32" and 1/16" out. When I tapped in a line of chip fuses in the middle, I heard electrical arcing as they were trying to complete the circuit. After that, it started normally.

I am going to pull every relay and fuse out and apply Deoxit before fully inserting them again. And I will see if this keeps the codes from coming back.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:47 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 997 Likes on 767 Posts
I read somewhere about a fuse box corrosion problem….the fox was a by pass wire install.

apparently there are drain hole differences and some have this problem while others do not.

more things to worry s out

Old 03-16-2022, 12:57 PM
Alaskaguy11
New User
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
I read somewhere about a fuse box corrosion problem….the fox was a by pass wire install.

apparently there are drain hole differences and some have this problem while others do not.

more things to worry s out
Thanks for the heads up, speakerfritz. I'll do some research on that.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:48 AM
reseehc_99
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm waiting on my truck (scheduled week of May 2nd) and would like to have some dielectric grease on hand so I can coat the connectors shortly after I pick it up. I doubt there is much functional difference between the different brands, but I am seeing several different applicator types (tubes, jars, aerosols). What would you recommend for ease of application?

Old 04-05-2022, 10:10 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,725 Likes on 2,757 Posts
I used the can of Permatex Dielectric. The pressurized can made it a lot easier/faster to get the connectors all greased up.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:12 PM
ts_kino
New User
Originally Posted by nuctrooper
This is indicative of water intrusion into an electrical connector back by the spare tire. It is a grey long rectangle connector on the passenger side of the spare, with about 20 or so wires passing through it. With the truck off, pull the connector apart, clean it with a rag, blow dry with compressed air (if you have it), put dielectric grease on both sides of the connector, and put it back together. You can find dielectric grease at any auto parts store, Walmart, etc.
This has fixed many here on the forums (including mine). If it persists, take it in and have the dealer replace that connector.
Originally Posted by swlakingranch
I will give this a try this afternoon. Thank you

Is this the grey rectangle box you’re referring too ??

Quick Reply: Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available and Hill Descent Control Fault messages.