2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available and Hill Descent Control Fault messages.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 03:54 PM
swlakingranch
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by soonerstroker
I'm having the same issues. Did the Pittman nut solve your problem?
Yes. The light has not come on since I replaced the nut

Old 03-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Lumberman12
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My 18' srw 350 did the same thing , I had a ready lift sst lift put on and after taking it back several times ,replacing the steering sensor in the column, ended up being the traction bar bracket that was put on wasn't tighten and had worked loose !!

Old 03-14-2019, 06:35 PM
billybadd
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My issue was loose pinch bolts on my bds track bar.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:58 PM
soonerstroker
Freshman User
Has anyone ever had this problem? After my lift the steering wheel was turned to the right so I figured I'd get an alignment and straighten out the steering wheel But I noticed the following if I made a left hand turn then the wheel would be off to the left and when I made a right hand turn then the steering wheel would straighten out. I guess I 'll find out more this weekend.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:27 AM
Spoojr
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I have had the service advance trac and hill descent control fault messages popping up about once a month. As I hit ok to clear them, they go away. A couple time I also got the collision assistance fault and adaptive cruise faults in conjunction, and those wouldn’t go away without a restart.

My truck is completely stock, so I don’t know what could be causing it. I’ve already added electrical grease to all the plugs referenced earlier, and no corrosion or water intrusion were seen. The truck doesn’t save any fault codes for the dealer either. The next time it happens, I plan on driving to the dealer while the faults are present to see if that helps.

It is pretty frustrating, but I suppose this is the penance you pay for a fully electronic vehicle. I would love to find the resolution. I may crawl under and look for loose steering parts as described by others.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:13 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Errors popped again today, but this time added pre-collision avoidance fault and advance trac light stayed on until restart. Couldn’t take it to the dealer with it being Sunday...of course. I’ve been making a note of when it happens, as well as the time and weather to see if I can find a common theme. It’s a pain to drop it off at the dealer and they say there are no codes and they can’t duplicate it. At least it’s in the service notes I suppose, so when the truck is out of warranty and the part causing the problem finally fails completely, maybe it will be covered.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:48 AM
flumpydog
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spoojr
Errors popped again today, but this time added pre-collision avoidance fault and advance trac light stayed on until restart. Couldn’t take it to the dealer with it being Sunday...of course. I’ve been making a note of when it happens, as well as the time and weather to see if I can find a common theme. It’s a pain to drop it off at the dealer and they say there are no codes and they can’t duplicate it. At least it’s in the service notes I suppose, so when the truck is out of warranty and the part causing the problem finally fails completely, maybe it will be covered.
I had all these same issues and am still dealing with the fallout. In my case, the main wiring harness 20 pin connector, located at the back of the truck, up beside the spare tire, had water intrusion and was all corroded. This caused just about every system on the truck to do something funky, it was crazy, and and still dealing with it with my dealer.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:07 AM
Spoojr
Tuned
That’s a real bummer. That 20 pin connector on my truck is dry as a bone with zero corrosion. I’m at a complete loss.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:24 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I’m still having issues and the wiring harness is clean. Truck is fully stock with no add ons.

For those that have had errors like this, do you plug your iphone into the USB harness for Apple CarPlay? I know this seems like a bizarre question, but I’m at a loss. I’ve been feeling like it pops within 15 seconds of me plugging in my phone right after I leave the driveway in the morning. The errors pop about every 7-10 days, so I’m going to start paying attention to see if these are related. I’m sure everything crosses along the same BUS, so who knows...maybe a glitch is causing these faults.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:28 PM
Nick Wiegand
New User
Turbo boost gauge going nuts

Hi All,
I know this is an old thread but I'm at a complete loss and trying to find any help I can get. My truck has been throwing the same code but it also has the turbo boost gauge going haywire. One minute it's spiked at 40psi the next it's at zero. It keeps throwing an exhaust pressure sensor code. I've replaced the sensor three time now and everytime I do it's usually good for anywhere from 3-5 days. It also throws an P067A code when this happens. According to ford and numerous shops I've brought it too that code doesn't exist. The code is described as "sensor reference voltage B circuit range/ performance".

Old 12-14-2019, 04:26 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
That is really weird. I never got mine figured out either. My warranty is up tomorrow, and it’s been at the dealer the past 4 days while they work on that error as well as other small things before the warranty is up.

I’ll let you know if they figure anything out.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:37 PM
Jk22
5th Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a 19 250 platinum 6.7. I had this problem on my truck, as all these would pop up on my truck and put the truck in somewhat in a limp mode. I took it to my dealer. They called ford. Ford told them that there are three modules under the hood and "one" of them could not be snapped in tight enough causing an error. They unplugged all three, when they did the errors flashed on my dash and they snapped all of them back in tight and I have not had a issue since. I didn't ask about where they were located but I did watch them do it from inside and they did have my hood popped while working on it. They told me there was a tsa or tsb (can't) remember the exact terminology about this issue and it was common bc they leave the factory with them not plugged in tight sometimes. I have had zero issues since. I have read where some ppl say their dealers can't find this issue..I live in KY where the f250s are made so idk if my dealer has a better connection with ford or not (prob not) just an idea..

Old 12-15-2019, 08:19 AM
Nick Wiegand
New User
Originally Posted by Spoojr
That is really weird. I never got mine figured out either. My warranty is up tomorrow, and it’s been at the dealer the past 4 days while they work on that error as well as other small things before the warranty is up.

I’ll let you know if they figure anything out.
Thanks for the help. This issue has really been a complete pain. I plow snow commercially with mine and with all the snow we've been getting I can't afford to have it down anymore. I'm about ready to trade it in.

Old 12-16-2019, 04:44 PM
Jeremiah James
New User
Hey all, I'm posting on behalf of my parents.They have a 2018 Ford F-150 with a 5.0L V8, 3.55 RR axle, towing package, etc. and had planned to be in Florida for the winter with their new camper. They left for Florida a few weeks ago but about 20 minutes into their trip three faults popped up on their dash: Hill Descent Control Fault, Service AdvanceTrac, and Hill Start Assist Not Available. Further, the truck disabled cruise control and the tow/haul drive mode. The thing that appears to have kick this all off is when they’re in cruise control. Mind you, the land is quite flat up here in Michigan. They’ve taken it to the dealership twice with these messages and they simply reset the system. Interestingly, when a tech asked the manager if they should reach out to customer service or get a lawyer, he replied (with my parents standing there): “I’d do both.”

Long story short: they were “advised” that they should not use cruise control when towing. They had a case open with Ford and Ford ultimately closed it on their advice of not using cruise - the dealership was shocked to hear this and said they'd be reaching out to Ford. In the meantime, I picked an OBDLinkEX (and as well as an MX+) to use with FORscan. Our plan is to log and monitor as much as possible before, during, and after the time of fault since it's reproducible by enabling cruise. The problem for me, though, is which codes should we be monitoring? FORscan seems to be a heck of a piece of software and can log whatever we want - we just don't know which.

If anyone has any suggestions in data capturing we'd love to hear them.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:11 AM
Sniper2019
New User
Smile

Originally Posted by nuctrooper
This is indicative of water intrusion into an electrical connector back by the spare tire. It is a grey long rectangle connector on the passenger side of the spare, with about 20 or so wires passing through it. With the truck off, pull the connector apart, clean it with a rag, blow dry with compressed air (if you have it), put dielectric grease on both sides of the connector, and put it back together. You can find dielectric grease at any auto parts store, Walmart, etc.
This has fixed many here on the forums (including mine). If it persists, take it in and have the dealer replace that connector.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND COLLABORATION WITH THE FORUM I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY TRUCK I WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO FIX IT THIS WAY THANKS

Quick Reply: Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available and Hill Descent Control Fault messages.