2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available and Hill Descent Control Fault messages.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Braddvm
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swlakingranch
Why would you hope mine isn't an easy fix? I hope they get yours fixed up soon.

Wow. Autocorrect and not proofreading made me look like a real jerk. I hope yours IS an easy fix!

I’ll share with the group any updates the dealer gives me on the fix.

The following users liked this post:
Old 09-11-2018, 08:11 AM
billybadd
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine does this intermittently as well. Started after lift too. Let me know how the pitman arm nut replacement does...
I guess the track bar drop bracket needs to come down to be able to tighten that nut. Do you have the part number of the nut you ordered and do you know the size socket needed? Ive heared 1 13/16 but not sure.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Jbranton
New User
I have this same intermittent problem as well currently. I dropped my truck off to the dealer two weeks ago and they still are yet to find the culprit. I found an old thread in here where someone had similar problems and got in touch with him elsewhere. HC3Z-3F791-JB HC3Z-14A664-E are the part numbers he gave me that fixed his truck. I have them on order and should arrive in two days. I will let you know if this fixes my truck. I have 4" superlift coilover and am also fully deleted.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:27 AM
swlakingranch
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by billybadd
Mine does this intermittently as well. Started after lift too. Let me know how the pitman arm nut replacement does...
I guess the track bar drop bracket needs to come down to be able to tighten that nut. Do you have the part number of the nut you ordered and do you know the size socket needed? Ive heared 1 13/16 but not sure.
I will post the part number when I pick it up after work.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:54 AM
airhawksix
Freshman User
I had the same messages/problems with mine after my lift. It ended up being one of the camber bolts in the radius arms had worked itself loose. The shop re-torqued it and I have not had any problems since.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Jbranton
New User
Do you have issues pressing ok and clearing messages? If so it’s most likely clock spring.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:51 AM
swlakingranch
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Jbranton
Do you have issues pressing ok and clearing messages? If so it’s most likely clock spring.
No, when I press OK the messages clear immediately. But the little light with tire tracks remains on the truck is turned off and back on.

Old 09-11-2018, 03:37 PM
PStroked
New User
I had a similar issue, I had a track bar bolt on the drivers side that had loosened after the leveling kit install.

Seems like there is a sensor somewhere that doesn't like abnormal front end movement.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:00 PM
Ryno1
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Jbranton
I have this same intermittent problem as well currently. I dropped my truck off to the dealer two weeks ago and they still are yet to find the culprit. I found an old thread in here where someone had similar problems and got in touch with him elsewhere. HC3Z-3F791-JB HC3Z-14A664-E are the part numbers he gave me that fixed his truck. I have them on order and should arrive in two days. I will let you know if this fixes my truck. I have 4" superlift coilover and am also fully deleted.
$400 is a lot to spend on a part that may or may not fix the issue. That's a lot of coin to drop without knowing for sure.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:51 AM
swlakingranch
Mountain Pass
The new pitman arm nut is on and I have not had a light come on yet. I have only put about 40 miles since the new nut but it was definitely loose. The steering is much tighter feeling now, hopefully it does not come loose again. Part number for the replacement nut is W709296-S441.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:51 PM
Bruce chouquer
New User
i just got my truck fixed , I installed a 4" BDS lift at home myself and when it was all said and done all of these faults and lights came on , apparently your supposed to disconnect your battery before you do anything to the truck , didnt know that, anyway it was a bad ABS sensor in my front driver wheel. i guess its really common when lifting your truck for the sensor to go out because of the moving and pulling that happend to the line that is ran connected to the brake line and very easily goes bad ,its a 28 dollar part and fixed all of my lights

Old 03-14-2019, 07:13 AM
soonerstroker
Freshman User
I'm having the same issues. Did the Pittman nut solve your problem?

Old 03-14-2019, 08:09 AM
Bruce chouquer
New User
Originally Posted by soonerstroker
I'm having the same issues. Did the Pittman nut solve your problem?
I was told by 4 wheel parts to make sure the steering wheel is aligned straight with your tires and the truck would fix itself but it didn’t work so I took it on and I had a bad ABS sensor which is common I guess their very fragile for 28 dollars I would check that first ...

Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 AM
SaltyRenegade
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Had the same thing happen to me, they all popped up at once. Dealer said they couldn't find any codes stored and no problem found like always. It also sent the message to my ford pass app on my phone as well.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-14-2019, 10:04 AM
Hjabernathy
Senior User
This Fault May Be Some Some Sort of CATCH-ALL

I had this same error show up on my 2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 6.7l Truck with 3400 miles on it last month, March 2019. My truck doesn’t even have HILL DESCENT CONTROL! The CHECK ENGINE LIGHT (“spend money light”) came on also. I took it into a dealer in Yuma, AZ and it took them 3 hours of technician time to discover that the problem was associated with my trailer lights reading “disconnected”, particularly the right tail light. I had occasionally been getting this message on my center screen. It went away when I disconnected and reconnected the 7-pin trailer pigtail. I was told by the service advisor that the technician discovered that faults had stacked up in the computer to the point where the truck threw an error code. They erased all the faults and the error code, and the problem has not resurfaced in a month and 800 miles which has included a lot of towing; I’m a full time RVer pulling a conventional trailer. I did put dielectric grease on both sides of the 7-pin connector after reading about this solution on this forum for the connectors under the rear of the truck. I’ve yet to get a chance to grease ALL those connectors, but I will soon. From reading this thread, it makes me think that the SERVICE ADVANCE TRACK-HILL DESCENT CONTROL NOT AVAILBLE is a catchall error code.

Quick Reply: Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available and Hill Descent Control Fault messages.