AC Problems - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

AC Problems

Old 09-05-2018, 07:47 PM
RapJ
New User
RapJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy AC Problems

We own a Ford F150 Raptor, 2015. Great truck, love it to death. Forward to the first quarter of this year, we begin to have AC problems. Right side passenger seat was only blowing hot air, took it to servicing, broken actuator, fixed. Few weeks later, no more climate control at all. Servicing again, fixed. Few weeks later... climate does not work again....servicing...fixed. Fast forward to August, climate turns on and off, regardless if we have it on auto or manual control. Haven't had the time to take it to servicing yet but now that I have the time i'm about to schedule it. Right before i'm about to schedule I did my own investigating and found out this connector when wiggled turns the AC on..faulty connection? It was pretty hot to the touch and it looks ugly. I reallly don't want to take it back to servicing, it's always a hefty price and i'm worried they'll try to fake a story...again? I just find this all fishy, this is going to be the 4th time in a year I take it for AC related problems.

The mustard looking connection is what turns the AC when wiggled.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:06 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
First off if a shop doesn't "fix" the problem the first time you don't pay them to "fix" it a second time. But onto the connector, order a replacement connector and change it and the problem should go away.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:14 AM
RapJ
New User
RapJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
First off if a shop doesn't "fix" the problem the first time you don't pay them to "fix" it a second time. But onto the connector, order a replacement connector and change it and the problem should go away.
Itís a official ford service center I take it to. So I should just replace the part myself? Weíve got a warranty with the truck still I donít want to void it..

Old 09-06-2018, 11:44 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RapJ View Post
Weíve got a warranty with the truck still I donít want to void it.

If the warranty covers replacing the connector then by all means let them do it. If it doesn't cover it then you can do the work yourself and not void the warranty. If however in the process of replacing the connector yourself you do some other damage then they are not required to fix that other damage under warranty.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:53 AM
HomerWinzlow
Postmaster
HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Replace the Blower Speed Controller, the pigtail to it and the blower motor or you will have repeat repairs for the same symptom. I see vehicles with multiple failures in one year often. RH Blend door actuator first time. .LH months later. Blower speed controller another time. Would you only feel better if they replaced the entire system all at once every single time you have a problem? Do you think the warranty would allow them to do so? If the blower went out on your home air conditioner would you pay them to replace the entire system? No you would only pay for the part that failed and the same goes for warranty repairs. You didnt mention how many miles you have driven your 2015 for all these faults to appear. If it only has a few thousand miles you have some reason for concern but Ive seen vehicles a few years old with a mountain of miles driven, all the while the climate control system runs and runs and runs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.