latest rendition - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2020 Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco!

latest rendition

Old 10-16-2018, 08:11 AM
Jesse4812
Senior User
Jesse4812 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jesse4812 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jesse4812 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Blwnsmoke View Post
Although that is correct, I dont know how your salesman would know anything being the dealers have no clue. Only reason I know is a know someone whose father works on the Bronco (and he doesnt tell his son anything) and a connection I have has seen a pic of it.
I've been using this dealership since '76 and the salesman I'm using is only the third I've used in that time. I don't have any reason to doubt him. We'll know for sure in about a year.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:59 AM
Scarmandos
Senior User
Scarmandos is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Scarmandos is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ugly. . . This reminds me of the AMC cars. Most were ugly which in my mind, is why AMC failed as a car company.

Last edited by Scarmandos; 10-19-2018 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Changed a word for clarity
Old 10-21-2018, 12:17 AM
SDDL-UP
Elder User
SDDL-UP is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
2/3 of Wranglers sold are 4 doors, so that is clearly where the market is, even on traditional Jeeps. I'm gonna stop guessing about 2 vs 4 doors and commend Ford for REALLY keeping the lid on any more info on the Bronco. The only news we've gotten is the possibility of a 7 speed stick and the 2.7 Ecoboost.

The Bronco will necessarily share the Ranger's front frame and architecture, so width will be the same as the Ranger, which I think is a few inches wider than the Jeep. It will also look bulkier because it won't have the winged outside fenders of the Jeep.

I'm thinking it's gonna be closer to a 4Runner or prior gen Explorer than a Jeep (or a '73 Bronco), but we shall see how retro Ford gets with the styling and what they do, if anything, with removable roof or roof panels.

Because that's what everyone is clamoring for - the first generation Explorer! LOL!

Lots of changes at Ford Motor Company and only time will tell if they are good or bad......

Old 10-23-2018, 12:46 PM
CJ455

FTE Town Crier

CJ455 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks like a cop car. I kind of like it, haha.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:41 PM
80broncoman
Elder User
80broncoman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.80broncoman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by hd4ever View Post
I pray to God this Bronco is not a disappointment. I am keeping my Jeep alive long enough to buy another Bronco. Just replaced the transmission lines. Rust holes in the floor ect. I am sick of piecing this Jeep together. If Ford flops I will be in another Jeep ASAP! Please ford hurry up don't make me buy another Jeep!
X2 on that. I'd like to buy a bronco,....But only if i can use it like the broncos of old. What I have seen in these pics make me wonder about just how long I am going to stay a owner of Stock in FoMoCo

If they really try to pawn off a bad one on us I will have to build one from my small collection of late 70s truck parts.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:10 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 80broncoman View Post
X2 on that. I'd like to buy a bronco,....But only if i can use it like the broncos of old. What I have seen in these pics make me wonder about just how long I am going to stay a owner of Stock in FoMoCo

If they really try to pawn off a bad one on us I will have to build one from my small collection of late 70s truck parts.
The new Bronco will be a modern vehicle designed to sell in the largest volumes possible to people who have a pattern of buying (or leasing) new vehicles. If you are driving 1970's-80's Fords, you likely are not a "new vehicle" buyer who will spend $40k on a new vehicle.

How many new vehicles have you bought in your life? No judgment here, just the realities of what Ford needs to do to make money selling new cars/trucks. If you are not a new car/truck buyer, what makes you think that your demographics matter to Ford? Ford does not make money on sales of used 1960's-1980's Broncos.

I've owned a couple Corvettes in my life, but Chevy wisely has not included me in any focus groups regarding what new Corvettes should be....because I ain't gonna be buying a new Corvette. That's gonna be my dentist who "always wanted" a Corvette but never had one. And now Corvettes have a wide trunk to hold golf bags (and they sell signature Corvette golf bags) so my dentist can drive his new 'Vette to the country club...and go 200 mph when he's running late for tee time

Old 10-27-2018, 07:15 PM
seventyseven250
Post Fiend
seventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
The new Bronco will be a modern vehicle designed to sell in the largest volumes possible to people who have a pattern of buying (or leasing) new vehicles. If you are driving 1970's-80's Fords, you likely are not a "new vehicle" buyer who will spend $40k on a new vehicle.

How many new vehicles have you bought in your life? No judgment here, just the realities of what Ford needs to do to make money selling new cars/trucks. If you are not a new car/truck buyer, what makes you think that your demographics matter to Ford? Ford does not make money on sales of used 1960's-1980's Broncos.

I've owned a couple Corvettes in my life, but Chevy wisely has not included me in any focus groups regarding what new Corvettes should be....because I ain't gonna be buying a new Corvette. That's gonna be my dentist who "always wanted" a Corvette but never had one. And now Corvettes have a wide trunk to hold golf bags (and they sell signature Corvette golf bags) so my dentist can drive his new 'Vette to the country club...and go 200 mph when he's running late for tee time
Totally true. "enthusiast" vehicles only work if you can marker them to a wider audience AS WELL.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:47 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster
rollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud of
I'm really hopeful with the new Bronco that it may be the first NEW vehicle I have ever bought. Time will tell.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:15 AM
NASSTY
Posting Guru
NASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 80broncoman View Post

None of these pics are Ford's renditions. They are just renditions from people speculating what the 2020 Bronco will/should look like. I for one would like it to look similar to my old full size Bronco and have a removable top. But I want it to drive more like my 2017 Raptor. I'm not holding my breath, because I doubt it will look like I want it to or have a removable top.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:33 PM
Ford g ahead
New User
Ford g ahead is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hope it's not too jeepish I sold my 2015 wrangler unlimited as it rode like a refrigerator box. The inside felt like a bread box.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Dentside
Junior User
Dentside is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by NASSTY View Post
That rendition looks like an updated early 90's Explorer.

The covered up rendition appears to be more Jeep-ish.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ill-look-like/

Best rendering yet. That'll work just fine

Old 11-13-2018, 03:08 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.
If it looks like the pic above, I am definitely in. All financial reasoning will go with the wind and I will have one of these things.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:47 PM
CJ455

FTE Town Crier

CJ455 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That rendering above is legit. If it looks anything like that, I am in as well.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:39 AM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745
khadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CJ455 View Post
That rendering above is legit. If it looks anything like that, I am in as well.
Our new Explorer will be traded in if it looks like that!

Old 11-23-2018, 02:54 PM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant future
Can anyone say, "IHC Scout"?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: