Remote Start & Check Engine Light - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Remote Start & Check Engine Light

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 08-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Les C
New User
Les C is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have the 2015 Ford F350 Crew Cab. I was on vacation for about a week. I came back today, had to use my truck, but the remote start would not work and the check engine light is on.
I know this happened once before and my question was answered in the forum. I just forgot what to do.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
Remote start won"t work with a check engine light on.
Read the codes and get them cleared.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:42 AM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Call dealer and make an appointment to get the check engine light trouble corrected.

Bruce

Old 08-10-2018, 07:55 AM
seville009
Posting Guru
seville009 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Les C
New User
Les C is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Les C View Post
I have the 2015 Ford F350 Crew Cab. I was on vacation for about a week. I came back today, had to use my truck, but the remote start would not work and the check engine light is on.
I know this happened once before and my question was answered in the forum. I just forgot what to do.
The check engine light went out and now the remote start works fine. I think it is haunted.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:40 AM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
schlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to behold
Just food for thought but remote start won't work if the hood is open either.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:53 AM
jav_eee
Senior User
jav_eee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jav_eee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's probably the usual exhaust gas recirc sensor thing or whatever it is. Mine trips every once in a while when I remote start it. It goes away after a few starts. I think there's a TSB on it. I haven't taken mine in to get looked at.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Chuck-B
Elder User
Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If your check engine light was on a code was generated. Some issues that generate the check engine light can result in the check engine light to going out after driving the truck (or car). However the code that was generated will be stored. You should find out what code was generated and what causes that code to be generated. It could be a warning of a problem that will bite you harder at a later date

Old 08-10-2018, 01:25 PM
kper05
Post Fiend
kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Les C View Post
The check engine light went out and now the remote start works fine. I think it is haunted.
You still need to check the codes. For example, when my #5 fuel injector was failing, the code was always active and would return after clearing but the CEL wasn't always on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: