Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxilliary Idle Control??

Old 07-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Supercab
Postmaster
Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Auxilliary Idle Control??

Longshot, But I'm looking for one....Anyone got 1 they are not using? Thanks!

Old 07-08-2018, 01:29 PM
brandonrr
Elder User
brandonrr has a good reputation on FTE.brandonrr has a good reputation on FTE.brandonrr has a good reputation on FTE.
If you've been looking for an excuse to chip your truck, this is it.
the php hydra chip has 14 different "slots" for switch-on-the-fly tunes. It comes with access to a bunch of tunes, including multiple idle speed tunes. I personally have a 1200rpm idle position on mine for faster warm up in the winter. The increased idle tunes go from 900rpm up to 2000rpm if I remember correctly.
the chip will set you back about $350, but it is well worth it. You'll have multiple idles speeds at the push of a button and more power as a bonus. Just make sure to put it back to either a 25hp tune or stock if you're going to be towing without at least an egt gauge.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:41 AM
Supercab
Postmaster
Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks, but not interested in chipping my truck.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:33 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Supercab View Post
Thanks, but not interested in chipping my truck.
me either Cab👍...Now, does the go pedal work like the float in the fuel tank or is it something that, you can "trick" the gains produced by way of tapping into the correct wire and using a potentiometer..(whatever its called)

Old 07-09-2018, 03:50 PM
cleatus12r
Postmaster
cleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputation
PM me if you still want one.

I got one out of an 01 but I am uncertain about the harness connections. There is one round 4-wire connector and another leg of the harness with some blunt-cut wires.

​​​​​​​

Old 07-09-2018, 05:52 PM
machmedic
Elder User
machmedic is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got mine out of a wrecked ambulance. It should have 1 plug that connects under the steering column on the dash frame, if I'm remembering correctly. Mines been plugged in for 11 years.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:21 PM
cleatus12r
Postmaster
cleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputation
It's in the marketplace.

The .pdf is available here and says what all of the blunt-cut wires are for.

​​​​​​​ https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dieselinnovations.com/techfiles/aic_manual1.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiTysTpyZPcAhWn5lQKHdwcB lAQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2753v0AIYNaXo1IhU49BBF

Old 07-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Supercab
Postmaster
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
me either Cab👍...Now, does the go pedal work like the float in the fuel tank or is it something that, you can "trick" the gains produced by way of tapping into the correct wire and using a potentiometer..(whatever its called)
Don't really know much about them, I'm just looking for a plug and play unit....

Old 07-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Supercab
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
It's in the marketplace.

The .pdf is available here and says what all of the blunt-cut wires are for.

​​​​​​​ https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...YNaXo1IhU49BBF
Thanks, I'll go check it out.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
PM me if you still want one.

I got one out of an 01 but I am uncertain about the harness connections. There is one round 4-wire connector and another leg of the harness with some blunt-cut wires.

​​​​​​​
The blunt cut wires go to the aftermarket equipment being controlled (Chelsea or Muncie hydraulic pump or what have you).

That is because Cleatus12r has the fancier (actually, the fanciest) of the three different versions of Auxiliary Powertrain Control Modules (APCM) idle control boxes that Ford made for the 7.3L.

There is an extra "PTO CONTROL" button on the fanciest version of APCM that allows it to control the aftermarket equipment. That button is on the left hand side of the APCM.

The APCM that Cleatus12r has in the marketplace is identical to this new in box one shown in the photo immediately below that I ordered as original equipment on a 2003 F-550 (7.3L), so Cody I believe you can expand the model years covered in your listing to 2003 (7.3L).

On the other hand, the APCM that I have in my older 2000 F-550 is the original version, without that extra button, and without as many extra wires. (Disassembled, painted to match, reassembled)

There is a third version of the APCM that has even fewer buttons and less functionality. I don't have any photos of this bargain basement version, but I saw many of them on E-Series cutaway based airport transport busses back in the days when I flew four days a week. I doubt many passengers on those busses noticed that the APCM had fewer buttons... which was a good sign of their stable mental health. Not such a good sign for me, however.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.