Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

July 2018 Chat

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 07:41 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
that just new on the yard. I think they already had some. I need to get up to Johnson's and scout for my transmission I see what he got.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:51 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I told little man to tell mommy he wants to go to Orlando, he said it just so plain and clear. My wife's reaction was Oh my now I have 2 of them saying it! That off course that got him to walk around the house for the next 10 minutes saying Orlando, Orlando!!

Old 07-10-2018, 05:57 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Started building another M966 hood yesterday. My buddy from down the street came and looked at all the work I have been doing to the Dodge, I need to pick up a drive shaft seal and get that replaced since it is leaking.I also need to get 2 wiper blades and a thermostat. I think they removed the thermostat since it never really warms up in the winter and the heater blows mostly cold air. The new door speakers should arrive by Friday so I can get those installed this weekend. I guess the next thing is looking into replacing the 2 rear tires. It has 2 fairly new mud claw radial m/t tires up front and 2 worn out wrangler tires in the back. Then it will be a new drivers door and interior parts. My wife asked what am I going to do with it when I'm done. I said fix it up slowly and sell the suburban when I retire.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:21 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Started building another M966 hood yesterday. My buddy from down the street came and looked at all the work I have been doing to the Dodge, I need to pick up a drive shaft seal and get that replaced since it is leaking.I also need to get 2 wiper blades and a thermostat. I think they removed the thermostat since it never really warms up in the winter and the heater blows mostly cold air. The new door speakers should arrive by Friday so I can get those installed this weekend. I guess the next thing is looking into replacing the 2 rear tires. It has 2 fairly new mud claw radial m/t tires up front and 2 worn out wrangler tires in the back. Then it will be a new drivers door and interior parts. My wife asked what am I going to do with it when I'm done. I said fix it up slowly and sell the suburban when I retire.
I said fix it up slowly and sell the suburban when I retire.

I think you enjoy work too much.

We should have a new Jeep by the weekend. We are looking at 2019 Cherokees. USAA aprroved us for 25k Payments will go up less than 50.00 over what we are paying now on the 07, insurance 150 for 6 months. Thanks to their car buying service I have 6 dealership to talk to.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:47 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
OK so slowly is going so well right now, more like get done what I can. It's finally starting to look nice. My daughter crawled up inside yesterday and commented on how much better it is looking.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:05 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I don't mind working but I can find plenty of stuff to keep me busy around the house instead of going to a job. I want to be able to take my son to school and pick him up every day instead of working.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:44 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I don't mind working but I can find plenty of stuff to keep me busy around the house instead of going to a job. I want to be able to take my son to school and pick him up every day instead of working.
it hard to stop doing what you have done for decades. It took me serveral years to adjust to it.

Here is what we bought
https://www.landmarkdodge.com/auto/n...w-ga/27535678/

Old 07-11-2018, 05:26 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
[QUOTE=hturner12;18081634It hard to stop doing what you have done for decades. It took me several years to adjust to it.[/QUOTE]

I think I could adjust pretty quickly.
The jeep is super nice. Congratulations!

Old 07-11-2018, 06:03 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I think I could adjust pretty quickly.
The jeep is super nice. Congratulations!
we did not get as lucky as you on payments. But we had 5k negative equity and out the door zero down. The Liberty was to the point I was going to have to start spending money on it

Tell you wife you want a Demon but if money is tight you will settle for a Halls at. Landmark had 2 Demons and 1 Hellcat in the show room. The Hellcat was cheap at 70. 1 demon 88 the other was 95.
They fired up the hellcat up while we were there. Just some thing about 700hp coming to life

Old 07-12-2018, 03:28 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I feel we got a great deal on our car. If I bought a Demon or Hellcat I would have to keep working past my retirement date goal, I think I'm good for now but they are super bad. I can do a lot of vacation trips for 70 to 95 thousand.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:47 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I feel we got a great deal on our car. If I bought a Demon or Hellcat I would have to keep working past my retirement date goal, I think I'm good for now but they are super bad. I can do a lot of vacation trips for 70 to 95 thousand.
You did. Our deal was ok. We were always going to be upside down on the the Liberty. We went with Chrysler finance still got a decent rate. At least we should not have to buy another car for at least 6 years.

I could do alot with that much money also.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:24 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chief if it makes you feel any better I haven't touched the truck in two months. I swapped the double pumper for a vac secondary carb and I am on the hunt for ethanol free gas In middle GA.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:01 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Old 07-13-2018, 03:24 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by axelgawn
Chief if it makes you feel any better I haven't touched the truck in two months. I swapped the double pumper for a vac secondary carb and I am on the hunt for ethanol free gas In middle GA.
I wish it was only 2 months since I worked on the 79.There are so many other things that get me distracted. For the longest time it seemed it rained every weekend. I am going to try and mess with it this weekend since I am a little ahead on weekend chores.Mowed the grass around the house yesterday and I going to mow property grass today after work.

My daughter said the other day that she got the dodge 2 years ago and it finally took me that long to get around to messing with it. I said has it really been that long? The new front speakers came in yesterday so I will get them installed this weekend and that will finish up the radio stuff. Stopping to get a transmission output seal on the way home so I can replace that leaky little devil this weekend. I am also going to get a thermostat and some wiper blades.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:33 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I got 99% of the grass mown around the property.this afternoon!!! I have one more place but it's small and won't take long tomorrow to finish up.I am going to install the new speakers in the truck in the morning before everyone wakes up since I get up early. I picked up the trans output seal, a new thermostat and gasket and wiper blades on the way home..

Quick Reply: July 2018 Chat