General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Flash won't flash

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 10:23 PM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 149 Likes on 90 Posts
Flash won't flash

HI,
My Flash player is stuck at V26 -- which Firefox says is no good. When I try to update it, it gets all of the way to the the install app, but instead of the full adobe box, it's just a frame that's blank on the inside. Never completes.

It seems to be a computer problem -- doesn't work if I try it from Chrome either.

I had this issue once before, and found a place thatctook me to a complete install. That fixed things for a couple of revs, but now it's back. Tried the complete install once again, but no help. ( not sure what I did with it now).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled according to some web directions, but nothing.

As a side note, it pops up an IE browser when I cancel the install. Used to do that after I did get an install as well. I think it's a congrats note, which is a little bad, plus it's IE.

Thoughts anyone?

hj

Old 06-30-2018, 09:35 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
HJ

I would uninstall flash player and reinstall through Internet explorer.
The companies are getting away from Flash player and Chrome has it built in.. Installing from the Adobe website doesn't work with chrome.
I am not sure but I believe Firefox does the same thing, but there is a flash player extension
Also there is a Removal Tool for flash player... Not sure what version of windows you have, but here are some instructions

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...r-windows.html

Hope that helps

Old 07-02-2018, 11:30 PM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 149 Likes on 90 Posts
Thanks DJ -- I finally got it to work -- went to V30 which was OK. The page you linked was the same one that I had seen before, but I it had a link to an install page that was different from the earlier one. FF requires an NPAPI version -- whatever that is. Anyway, it's happy for the moment.

hj