How long have you had your Excursion? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

How long have you had your Excursion?

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 06-11-2018, 07:45 AM
housedad
Postmaster
housedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputation

Self explanatory question. I've had mine since Jan 2005. So 13 years. It was a Hertz transport vehicle at the airport in Orlando before I got it. They put 20 k miles on it in the few
months they owned it. I know some of you have had yours for longer, some shorter.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Greenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to behold
Bought my 2003 in Summer of 2015, sold it Summer of 2017.
Bought my current 2002 in Winter of 2017, still have it currently.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:14 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant future
I've had mine almost 6 years. Bought it with 168k and just passed 240 last weekend somewhere in PA. I love it and would only trade it for a late model conversion EX. I see several in my area and most give a wave on the way by.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:43 AM
pirate4x4_camo
Postmaster
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.

Iíve had one since 2000 my current one is the 4th and owned it since since 09

current Ex was stone stock and purchased from a church and was used for Sunday school road trips.

40ís Going on.....opps

Old 06-11-2018, 10:08 AM
msuser92
Junior User
msuser92 has a good reputation on FTE.msuser92 has a good reputation on FTE.msuser92 has a good reputation on FTE.
I bought my 2001 brand new in Dec of 2001. One and only owner.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:40 AM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
2011, had 113K on it. Has about 182 on it now. Mostly earns it's keep hauling the trailer around for a couple more years, otherwise it's a garage queen now. Too bad it wasn't a garage queen when new, it lived the soccer mom life in GA for the first 11 years of it's life.

Not too bad for a nearly 19 yr old truck and 6 yr old camper.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:57 AM
EXSwap
Senior User
EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.
I've had mine since early 2015 and put just over 100K on the clock so far. It was a Cincinnati to Nashville commuter for a while (hence the miles). I have a beater car that I'm driving more and more now, but soon it'll go to the next kid getting her license. I keep saying I'll get another beater, but I just love driving the X. I'll probably keep it forever.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:57 AM
1 Excursion camper
Posting Guru
1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future
Ive had mine since Feb 06 when it had 17k on it. Was a one owner vehicle.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:03 PM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a good reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a good reputation on FTE.
temp tag just expired, so about 45 days. I'm only the 3rd owner. First owner took it to 32K, so it was probably a lease... had 194K when I got it.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Vinny G-the EX man
Junior User
Vinny G-the EX man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Picked up mine new on Friday, Memorial day weekend 2003, took her for a ride to PA on that Saturday. She was a dream to drive and the dvd was great for my daughter and mother-in-law, they were always bored. Great road trip vehicle and no issues other then routine maintenance. have 57K on her now.

Last edited by Vinny G-the EX man; 06-11-2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: omission
Old 06-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Downsized2X
Diesel User
Downsized2X is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bought mine new in 2004, modified it to coil over front, new axles (rebuilt) Dana 60s and full engine (all bolts) ARP bolts and new heads along with all the goodies (blue head,etc). Nearly 300k and was time to freshen it up!

Old 06-11-2018, 02:09 PM
zipdrive
Freshman User
zipdrive is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bought our 2005 in 2008 the week before Christmas as a gift for my wife. Had just under 40k miles, now its at 150k miles and has been the main family hauler. It has been a great truck.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Big Sky
Elder User
Big Sky has a good reputation on FTE.Big Sky has a good reputation on FTE.Big Sky has a good reputation on FTE.
Bought ours in January 2004 from a dealer in Lyons Il (south Chicago). It was way below book, and after I placed the deposit, the dealer got calls wondering if the price was correct. Second owner, have over 240K on it.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:50 PM
Nicmike
Veteran Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Bought mine in Dec/2011. Have put 115k on it, and it is now sitting at 320k miles. Not quite the same truck since I bought it, though.

Love it, and it will never leave my possession (unless I die and the wife sells it).

Old 06-11-2018, 11:59 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
agsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to behold
2013 for me. Took me like 3 years of searching before I found a nice one that I liked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.