Thank you, Reforder ! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Thank you, Reforder !

Old 05-15-2018, 03:14 PM
TitusDH
Junior User
TitusDH has a good reputation on FTE.TitusDH has a good reputation on FTE.
Thank you, Reforder !

No, this is no weird treasure map, but to me it is a treasure for sure!
A while ago Tony picked up some 48-52 glass form another member. I instantly pestered him about making an outline of the side window glass, which he did. Both of mine side windows are missing, and thanks to Tonys generous help I now have an accurate outline from which I can have new glass cut. Here in Germany, a guy local to me has an 1955 F100, but that's pretty much it, no 48-52 Trucks around anywhere near. So, I was lost and was facing the idea to cut several dozens of cardboard templates, until one would fit reasonably.
Tony saved me from a lot of hassle and had to spend quite some time, a couple Bucks and payed a visit to at least two post offices in order to help me out.

This is how I quietly whished a fellow Ford enthusiast would behave, but on no account you can expect someone to offer all of this to some stranger from the internet, who he doesn't know anyway and probably never will meet in person. I am glad I joined the same forum as Tony did. Its the right people here.

Thank you, Tony.

Wil from Hamburg

Old 05-15-2018, 03:48 PM
ReForder
Elder User
ReForder has a very good reputation on FTE.ReForder has a very good reputation on FTE.ReForder has a very good reputation on FTE.
Aw, shucks. Will. I appreciate the accolades. It was my pleasure to help out. If I ever visit Hamburg, I expect to see a first gen Ford pickup driving around with the windows rolled up

but seriously, there are a lot of great guys on here! And any way I can help out, just let me know.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:25 PM
jakevidrine
Senior User
jakevidrine is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jakevidrine is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'll be in Dusseldorf and Eindhoven at the end of August.. If you want to make the 4 hour drive down I'd be happy to bring whatever parts you need over seas...

Old 05-15-2018, 11:19 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Postmaster
Jeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to behold
I just added reps for ya there Reformer
but I couldn't leave a comment...that was pretty cool man!

Old 05-17-2018, 07:49 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ReForder View Post
Aw, shucks. Will. I appreciate the accolades. It was my pleasure to help out. If I ever visit Hamburg, I expect to see a first gen Ford pickup driving around with the windows rolled up

but seriously, there are a lot of great guys on here! And any way I can help out, just let me know.
Reforder, looks like you are making the most of the glass. Glad it all worked out!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:30 AM
bhalemail
Senior User
bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ReForder View Post

Reps for a job well done!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 AM
ReForder
Elder User
ReForder has a very good reputation on FTE.ReForder has a very good reputation on FTE.ReForder has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods View Post
Reforder, looks like you are making the most of the glass. Glad it all worked out!
Helping out where I can with your generous offer of the glass...just paying it forward!

I haven't done anything with it yet on my truck. Probably have 2 new pieces of vent glass cut from that side window with the bb shot in it and replace the driver's glass of my truck with the good side piece. Eventually I'll do the windshield and rear glass when I replace the rubber.

Thanks again for letting me grab that from you!

Old 05-18-2018, 11:42 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
You're welcome. Glad someone could make use of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.