TorkLift Revolution Glow Steps

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
TorkLift Revolution Glow Steps

So TorkLift sent me some of their new Revolution Glow steps to test out and give them some honest feedback. They were waiting for me when I got home last night and I actually installed them in less than 20 minutes. First impressions are really good to be honest. They have a ton of adjustability and are way sturdier than my stockers. The stock flip out ones are rusted to all hell and they bend and move every time I step on em, not a confidence boosting experience, (especially after a couple campfire beers, ha).

If anyone is needing a replacement or just wants something sturdier, I can wholeheartedly recommend these. I can't wait to use them out in desert, especially at night when the glow markers light up. Install was super simple, just 4 nuts and bolts out of the stockers and 4 back in for the Revolution. The instructions tell you to remove the steps from the housing and install the housing first. Being the lazy ******* that I am, I just used my jack and jacked it up into place and bolted it in. Work smarter, not harder

Old 05-11-2018, 05:44 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 834 Likes on 573 Posts
Those look like a serious improvement over the typical stock steps and appear to be well built with a tough (powder?) coating finish and nice grippy aluminum treads. We have the 3 step set of the typical trailer fold outs on our TT and I have been thinking about upgrading to something like those, we aren't getting any younger and I think the pooches would like the extra step too.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:16 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 441 Likes on 323 Posts
Looks good, a great upgrade. I like that steps are touching the ground these days, makes sense to put weight down and not just hang off. My new trailer has these mor-ryde steps that rest on the ground and so far they seem good.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:30 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Those look like a serious improvement over the typical stock steps and appear to be well built with a tough (powder?) coating finish and nice grippy aluminum treads. We have the 3 step set of the typical trailer fold outs on our TT and I have been thinking about upgrading to something like those, we aren't getting any younger and I think the pooches would like the extra step too.
They are super beefy, and surprisingly easy to pull in and out. They make some add-on attachments for them as well, like a detachable handle bar that goes from the bottom step all the way up to the coach. A little shoe scrubber thing...all sorts of farkles.

My Great Dane definitely likes these steps. The other ones he would just jump over or sit there and whimper like a baby haha. He walked right up these last night, definitely made my wife a believer

Old 05-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
Looks good, a great upgrade. I like that steps are touching the ground these days, makes sense to put weight down and not just hang off. My new trailer has these mor-ryde steps that rest on the ground and so far they seem good.
Now those are some stout steps! How do they deploy? Are they the type that fold up into the doorway like a small plane gangway? Is there another set of steps in the recess there? Trying to wrap my head around those.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:08 PM
jetjockey99
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Put Glow Steps on my Cameo 3 years ago will never have anything else again. Oh Ya the dogs love them.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:11 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 441 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
Now those are some stout steps! How do they deploy? Are they the type that fold up into the doorway like a small plane gangway? Is there another set of steps in the recess there? Trying to wrap my head around those.
that's a pic I pulled from the net. In mine they fold up into the doorway and I don't have the cubby below. I think on that model in the picture it originally came with ones that folded into the cubby and the mor-ryde steps were an aftermarket upgrade.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by jetjockey99
Put Glow Steps on my Cameo 3 years ago will never have anything else again. Oh Ya the dogs love them.
So it sounds like they hold up well? The build quality is really above what I was expecting for a simple step. Looking at their WDH sitting in my garage and I think over engineering is a mantra at TorkLift lol.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:53 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 834 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
So it sounds like they hold up well? The build quality is really above what I was expecting for a simple step. Looking at their WDH sitting in my garage and I think over engineering is a mantra at TorkLift lol.
I agree, I installed their SuperHitch 20K on my EX and it is seriously beefy.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:50 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I have thought about both styles that rest on the ground. I think they would be great at camp when setup and leveled but how are they for a quick roadside stop? When traveling with the kids we will pull in for a quick stop they use the bathroom in the camper rather than go inside the gas station. I assume that would be no problem as it is level pavement.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:35 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
I have thought about both styles that rest on the ground. I think they would be great at camp when setup and leveled but how are they for a quick roadside stop? When traveling with the kids we will pull in for a quick stop they use the bathroom in the camper rather than go inside the gas station. I assume that would be no problem as it is level pavement.
No problem at all. You can see in my first post its deployed on level ground. They are super easy to deploy and stow as well. I got to use them some this weekend, never thought I would be so excited about some trailer steps, but man are they an improvement haha.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:02 AM
Superdave71
Tuned
Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
So how do you think they will handle an out of level or off camber campsite? Would you need to block them, or are the feet adjustable?

Old 05-18-2018, 07:06 AM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
Tricon those look slick. I like the stability that they would offer but in addition to the above post, there are times when I have 3 inches from the last step to the ground and other times where there is 9 inches. How adjustable are these feet and/or does it have to be fully deployed for it to be stable.
There’s a lot of lumpy and uneven ground in Colorado, especially when boondocking.
Thanks

Old 05-18-2018, 09:06 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Superdave71
So how do you think they will handle an out of level or off camber campsite? Would you need to block them, or are the feet adjustable?
Originally Posted by CO Wapiti
Tricon those look slick. I like the stability that they would offer but in addition to the above post, there are times when I have 3 inches from the last step to the ground and other times where there is 9 inches. How adjustable are these feet and/or does it have to be fully deployed for it to be stable.
There’s a lot of lumpy and uneven ground in Colorado, especially when boondocking.
Thanks
There's actually a lot of adjustability in the feet as well as the top. There's notches in the top step that allow you to bring the whole unit up or down quite a bit, then you can adjust the feet individually as well. I'll try to take some more pictures to show you.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:46 PM
TCNashville
Laughing Gas
Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
Tricon, thanks for the heads up on the new steps. Do you mind sharing where you purchased them and how much they cost? I just sent Torklift my measurements so they can determine which steps I need. Thanks.

Quick Reply: TorkLift Revolution Glow Steps