1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

T4/SXE vs. KC38R - Decision has been made...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 08:13 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,466 Likes on 2,855 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob
I "believe" that is the Irate Diesel T4 kit which requires removal of the freeze plug in the valley for the oil drain. Nothing wrong with that, but the CSD kit maintains the original oil supply and drain under the pedestal.

I think @NzDarkStroker installed the Irate T4 kit recently...

Old 07-24-2019, 10:52 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 2,937 Likes on 1,942 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
I "believe" that is the Irate Diesel T4 kit which requires removal of the freeze plug in the valley for the oil drain. Nothing wrong with that, but the CSD kit maintains the original oil supply and drain under the pedestal.

Really? Crap. Here I thought I was so clever and all.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:40 AM
NzDarkStroker
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous

@Sous you are correct Sir - Irate T4 kit has been handled, installed and tested by myself.

Points of contention: "Intake tube" wasn't what I had expected, liked or wanted (I ordered the CSD intake tube), the oil drain/freeze plug location was a P.I.A to set up, lastly I personally received the wrong T4 flange gasket in my kit.

Customer service was fine to a point - I had to pay out of pocket for the T4 flange gasket as mine was not included in the kit I ordered. I didn't want to wait for another one to be mailed out and yes I started the entire install process without noticing the gasket was wrong and yes IT was a Friday night...Irate felt it was kosher to send the correct replacement gasket in lieu of monetary compensation for the gasket - that got (1) Suck Point.

Kit works fine.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:42 AM
FordTruckNoob
Originally Posted by NzDarkStroker
@Sous you are correct Sir - Irate T4 kit has been handled, installed and tested by myself.

Points of contention: "Intake tube" wasn't what I had expected, liked or wanted (I ordered the CSD intake tube), the oil drain/freeze plug location was a P.I.A to set up, lastly I personally received the wrong T4 flange gasket in my kit.

Customer service was fine to a point - I had to pay out of pocket for the T4 flange gasket as mine was not included in the kit I ordered. I didn't want to wait for another one to be mailed out and yes I started the entire install process without noticing the gasket was wrong and yes IT was a Friday night...Irate felt it was kosher to send the correct replacement gasket in lieu of monetary compensation for the gasket - that got (1) Suck Point.

Kit works fine.
Does that kit I posted a link to look like the same kit as yours?

Old 07-24-2019, 11:48 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,466 Likes on 2,855 Posts
I washed the truck after the camping trip we just returned home from. My wife and I decided to take the dogs for a short trip with the windows down since it was a nice clear day and 82 degrees ambient temperature. I was referring to the truck as "RACE TRUCK" and was very glad it sounds like a diesel truck going down the road not a souped up Honda like some of the trucks of today sound like.

Anyway, have a nice day everyone and I hope the rest of your week is easy and leads to a great weekend!

Old 07-24-2019, 12:09 PM
NzDarkStroker
Freshman User
Does that kit I posted a link to look like the same kit as yours?
Yes, the Irate Kit is sold by Full Force - Cale over there is VERY helpful but ultimately I went direct to Matt at Irate - both very knowledgeable men and will not hesitate to spend as much time explaining as needed.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:54 PM
FordTruckNoob
Yes, the Irate Kit is sold by Full Force - Cale over there is VERY helpful but ultimately I went direct to Matt at Irate - both very knowledgeable men and will not hesitate to spend as much time explaining as needed.
Thanks NzDarkStroker. Would you have gone full CSD instead if you had known about all the issues with the Irate kit beforehand?

Old 07-24-2019, 07:17 PM
NzDarkStroker
Freshman User
Thanks NzDarkStroker. Would you have gone full CSD instead if you had known about all the issues with the Irate kit beforehand?
I'll go with design variance over "issues" as each come with a compromise or two in design IMO and both render very functional...

Old 07-24-2019, 07:31 PM
The Brad
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO, the best T4 Kit would be an Irate down pipe and intake Y combined with the CSD up pipes and pedestal.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:39 PM
NzDarkStroker
Freshman User
Originally Posted by The Brad
IMO, the best T4 Kit would be an Irate down pipe and intake Y combined with the CSD up pipes and pedestal.
/|\
|
...exactly.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:54 PM
FordTruckNoob
Originally Posted by The Brad
/|\
|
...exactly.
Now THAT is valuable information. Thank you sirs.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:54 PM
Jregezeino
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of or used “Obsession Diesel Performance” (look them up on Facebook) for their T4 kit? I like that their pedestal has both a boost and egt boss pre drilled into it, keeping the sensor locations very clean and no drilling the exhaust manifold.

I was quoted $1950 recently from them, this includes everything needed to mount the turbo, to include all boots and clamps.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:14 AM
Jregezeino
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Facebook Post

Old 07-25-2019, 06:35 AM
Macmathews
Elder User

Not sure on that kit, but I do know that's not an ideal place for an EGT probe.

Kyle

Old 07-25-2019, 07:26 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 583 Likes on 378 Posts
Originally Posted by Macmathews
Not sure on that kit, but I do know that's not an ideal place for an EGT probe.

Kyle
It appears to be pre-turbo.

As I recall, the T4 mount is a stainless steel investment casting...and there was other cool features too.

Quick Reply: T4/SXE vs. KC38R - Decision has been made...