Sponsored by: DP Tuner

BE Aware!!! SCAM ARTIST DIRT BAG!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 02:52 PM
dieseldogtom
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BE Aware!!! SCAM ARTIST DIRT BAG!!!

Just thought I would pass this along if anyone is in the market for a Magnefine filter.
IT's a SCAM!!!! DON'T ORDER FROM THIS DIRT BAG!!
He is showing a photo of a Magnefine (New model Made by Boos USA).
He is shipping out RAYBESTOS (Made in CHINA, JUNK)!!!
That's a SCAM!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnefine-3...1a02FH&vxp=mtr

Tom

Last edited by dieseldogtom; 04-27-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: warning to others
Old 04-23-2018, 06:25 PM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
great find!

what's the general consensus on magnefine filters lately? I have seen some people advise against using one, although i think that had more to do with the plastic shell and the risk of leaks.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:09 AM
StrokinHer01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a plastic filter and no leaky

Old 04-24-2018, 12:13 AM
dieseldogtom
Senior User
I agree with what you say.....I had read a post here & there about tightening the clamp to much & cracking the nipple. But now that they are metal I don't think anyone is going to have that problem.
I have not heard any other negative reports about anything specific. And as I am sure you have read...
"If your vehicle's transmission has been previously serviced by Ford, you will likely have a Magnefine filter installed in the rubber portion of the return line up by the front axle".
I'm not one to say or think that anything a Ford does is the best idea to fix a problem but it seems like a good little bit of extra protection for something as expensive & vital as your transmission.
I guess someone is going to post that they get clogged up & restrict fluid flow or the paper filter inside breaks down...
I'm going to take that chance if it's true.....LOL DDT

Old 04-27-2018, 01:36 PM
dieseldogtom
Senior User
UPDATE!!!!! It's a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This guy is selling Raybestos CHINA immatation junk!!!!!!!!
Do NOT BUY FROM HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In fact I will add to my above post about problems or not with filters....
The only OTHER thing I can remember reading was that these Raybestos China made filters were JUNK!
This SCAM ARTIST is showing the NEWEST MAGNEFINE filter in his EBAY photo, Then sends out
the CHINA JUNK. I sent my mail to him telling of my dissatisfaction. I will let you know how (he) plans to resolve it
or if he tries to make it so difficult to do a return & replace that it's just not worth it.
I should have known he was a greedy rip off dirt bag when I say he also pffere a $14.95 for 10 minust tech support line.
That's got greedy dirt bag written all over it! Tom

Old 04-27-2018, 01:38 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
You can send a fraud notice to Ebay and you can also get your money back by filing a complaint.

I have had only a couple of issues on Ebay, but each of them provided a full refund.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:46 PM
dieseldogtom
Senior User
Thanks SOUS..... If he does not contact me with deepest apology's in 2 days I will do just that.
Most of these people include in their adds to " please NOT contact EBAY... We want you to be 100% satisfied...Let us resolve any issue first..." Frankly, I am tempted NOT to even wait because I feel in my gut it's an example of the typical scum bag trying to get one over on people that don't know any better the difference between the filters.
Thanks though for the reminder to complain to EBAY.
Have to wonder if there is some manipulative small print in his add that will protect him?
The photo is CLEARLY a NEW Magnefine Metal case filter. The Manufacture is listed as BOSS. That alone should be enough for me to win any dispute on EBAY. Tom

Old 04-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Take a screen shot of the ad and a picture of the item you received. Send both of them in with a description of the complaint.

Like I said, I have had to do this a couple of times and it has paid back because their listing/ad was dead wrong. For example, I ordered a "open box but new" pocket camera. When the camera came it was scratched up and clearly used. I sent the ad description to detailing the condition to Ebay along with my complaints and pictures to back them up. Ebay will give the seller a few days to respond, but will side with you if your claim is legitimate.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:19 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by dieseldogtom
Thanks SOUS..... If he does not contact me with deepest apology's in 2 days I will do just that.
Most of these people include in their adds to " please NOT contact EBAY... We want you to be 100% satisfied...Let us resolve any issue first..." Frankly, I am tempted NOT to even wait
Years ago when I used ebay, I would never, EVER wait for ebay to handle my claim. I just went to my CC company and resolved it with them. They ALWAYS charged the item back to ebay, but I also always only used my AmEx for ebay purchases because AmEx has always treated me better than Visa or MC.

It's your money Tom, but right about now is when you need to unleash that Dog part of your user name!

Stewart

Old 04-27-2018, 03:12 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
I had that same bait and switch issue a few years ago. As soon as I got the aftermarket part I notified fleabay that the guy was not providing what he was advertising. Then when I installed the sensor it did not work. I banged him with a bad review and notified fleabay of the situation. I got my money back as fast as I had spent it.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:43 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Stewart has provided a valid option as well if Ebay does not give you back your money. Although, there are advantages to going through Ebay.

1. They might flag the seller as a fraudulent accont
2. They certainly maintain a log of accounts that claims like this have been filed against
3. They may revoke the privilige to list anything on that account.

So, if Ebay does not refund your money, if you paid through PayPal that is another option. Lastly, the CC company would be willing to help you out.

There are several options available to you, but protecting others from making the same mistake should be your first consideration when attempting to reclaim your funds.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:10 PM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
For once, I'm glad I was dragging my feet on buying something. Thanks for the warning. I thought it was too good to be true.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:38 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Stewart has provided a valid option as well if Ebay does not give you back your money. Although, there are advantages to going through Ebay.

1. They might flag the seller as a fraudulent accont
2. They certainly maintain a log of accounts that claims like this have been filed against
3. They may revoke the privilige to list anything on that account.

So, if Ebay does not refund your money, if you paid through PayPal that is another option. Lastly, the CC company would be willing to help you out.

There are several options available to you, but protecting others from making the same mistake should be your first consideration when attempting to reclaim your funds.
I haven't used ebay in over 5 years, so I wonder if things have changed. Previously when I would also start action with them (I always just did a dual action with my CC company and ebay) ebay would always tell me to "sit tight and wait" while we take a gander. IIRC they stated that gander could take up to two weeks.

Yeah, sorry, nope. My money.

Stewart

Old 04-27-2018, 09:42 PM
dieseldogtom
Senior User
Good to hear all the options. Here is the response I got back from (him).

" hello. i just gave you a complete refund for your purchase. this was a shipping error. you can keep the parts for my mistake for free . thank you for your communication and have a blessed day,paul."

I have not checked with CC company yet, but if he was willing to write this response, I am pretty sure he will give the refund.
Excuse my mistrusting nature but even from the response, my gut tells me this was NO shipping error. I also notice NOTHING of an apologetic nature. To me it reads more like, "You caught me, Here's your filthy money back, It's not worth sending it back to me because for everyone that catches me & I have to refund, there are 20 that don't know the difference. Notice too he didn't say he would correct the FRAUDULENT nature of his add!
This guy is a scam artist. Guess I will search for a reliable source for the Magnefine (even if it does cost more) I just hate the stress of crap like this, and I hate people that do business like this. DDT

Old 04-27-2018, 10:00 PM
dieseldogtom
Senior User
I also just responded with this mail ....

Look forward to the refund. Are you going to correct the misleading add?
If it were a shipping error you would (likely) be telling me you will be shipping out the CORRECT filter advertised in the post with your apoligy's for the inconvenience. It does not seem as if you have the REAL Magnefine filters available?
Do you? Further, It's less of a "shipping error" and MORE of a false advertising error!
You managed to post a nice photo of the NEW metal case Magnefine filter as well as describe it as being manufactured by BOSS. That's NOT a shipping error! And YOU KNOW IT! Tom

Once I see the refund, I will be contacting EBAY to report this issue. As far as I am concerned he is a scam and knows exactly what he is doing.
Let the dogs of Hell out for a run!!! LOL

Quick Reply: BE Aware!!! SCAM ARTIST DIRT BAG!!!