Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Horrible new format.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Mr. Ed
Elder User
Mr. Ed has a good reputation on FTE.Mr. Ed has a good reputation on FTE.
Horrible new format.

Hate the new format. The forum jump is gone. Now when you click on it in it's new location, you get the drop down menu for all of the years. And selecting the 48 and up is no guarantee that it will work. And it doesn't stay on that year. You get the full menu every time you click on it. This is progress?

So why did you have to change the current format? If I wanted related topics, I would ask for them.

Sorry but I do not like this new format. Just too many changes to make it useful.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Old 04-19-2018, 10:56 AM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
I agree, Ed. Now I see they've taken away the page choice bar. Whoever is running this show is making it harder and harder to like this place.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:16 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 52 Merc View Post
I agree, Ed. Now I see they've taken away the page choice bar. Whoever is running this show is making it harder and harder to like this place.
Not exactly... it's an optional "enhancement", infinite scrolling, so that EVERY picture in an entire thread has to load before you'll see anything...
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...d-threads.html

Note they are soliciting feedback...

Old 04-19-2018, 11:34 AM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
You can switch it back to what it was before when you go to your C/P user and select options and disable the infinite scroll .

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...cement189.html

Old 04-19-2018, 12:54 PM
Carbonarc
Senior User
Carbonarc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Carbonarc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The navigation bar is along the bottom. It includes pagination, forum jump and Quick Reply. The bar may disappears to give more real estate but reappears by simply moving the page down a little. As a part time web developer I think it's a brilliant design that is a real time saver. Used to drive me crazy to have to scroll through a long, photo-filled page to get to the page links.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud of
Well I don't care for it. Thanks John for showing me how to change it back.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:47 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Carbonarc View Post
The navigation bar is along the bottom. It includes pagination, forum jump and Quick Reply. The bar may disappears to give more real estate but reappears by simply moving the page down a little. As a part time web developer I think it's a brilliant design that is a real time saver. Used to drive me crazy to have to scroll through a long, photo-filled page to get to the page links.
I think for every one user that likes it there is 15 or more that hate it, me included. I found have 300 and more posts on one page with dozens of pictures trying to load put me back to dial up status, really slows things down..

Old 04-19-2018, 05:11 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Carbonarc View Post
... or you can just hit the "End" or "Home" keys and go directly to the bottom or top of the page.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:05 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of
I could not find how to get back to the list of different threads. The damn thing drove me crazy so I switched back
I’m a dinosaur and the car is a beast. That’s life

Old 04-19-2018, 08:33 PM
26tudor
Senior User
26tudor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.26tudor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This sucks
Thanks John got it

Old 04-19-2018, 08:56 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
You can switch it back to what it was before when you go to your C/P user and select options and disable the infinite scroll .

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...cement189.html
Thank you John! That was driving me nuts.....

I've come to the point where I detest all modern technology.........would really love to go "off the grid" so to speak.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:25 PM
49fordv8f4
Posting Guru
49fordv8f4 has much to be proud of49fordv8f4 has much to be proud of49fordv8f4 has much to be proud of49fordv8f4 has much to be proud of49fordv8f4 has much to be proud of49fordv8f4 has much to be proud of49fordv8f4 has much to be proud of49fordv8f4 has much to be proud of
This is the most cluttered and complicated forum that I am on. If I want to go to another year model section of the forum I can just hit the back arrow at the top, simple. No need for all of the task bars taking up the top third of every page, they could all be put on the index page like most forms do so they don't clutter the pages. With the new format I now have to wait for all the junk to load before I can access a thread. I also have to close the program quite often and restart because of screen freezes. There are only two things that I can see that are an improvement, first is the auto save feature when typing a post, and second is that I can now load pictures after text, I could not do that before. New is not always better or an improvement. More features are not always better either, it is usually just more complicated and more clutter.
Mark

Old 04-19-2018, 10:50 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Also the "go advanced" reply......Why can't we just have one simple reply space on the forum page. Most other forums do.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:21 AM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to all
Thanks John for the tip about the infinite scrolling, I have disabled that and hopefully it will be better. We live in the sticks and can't get cable, also Dish doesn't serve our purposes. So wife and I have hot spots on our phones which we use for internet. We have a "unlimited connection", but after a certain amount of bytes we go much slower. And when it's slower it crawls. We never even think of streaming a movie, it's too slow for that when it is working normally. Problem with this is when I go on to FTE and all those pictures, etc are loading it is using data. LOTS of data. Most people don't care cause it's free basically for them. Well the reason for the site is to make $$ for the owners, and I really do get more out of it than I am inconvenienced, I guess.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:21 AM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=56panelford;17936666]You can switch it back to what it was before when you go to your C/P user and select options and disable the infinite scroll .

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...cement189.html[/Q

Thank you .!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horrible new format.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.