6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

It's been a long day......

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 03:42 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
It's been a long day......

My wife came in and woke me up saying Katie our Basset Hound was gone. In my sleepy stupper I said to where? She was crying hysterically she's gone. Poor old Katie was known for her long walks and she's been a little under the weather lately so I threw on a pair of pants and my shoes to go get her at 530 this morning. My wife said you don't understand she gone she in the family room. I step up my game and said are sure? I scambled up the stairs and soon as I saw her I knew. My wife was babbling that she just came in and rolled over to get her morning belly rub and her head went down slowly and she stopeds beathing. I made some calls and found a great place in Manasquan to do the interning. I placed her in the Ex and made the trip down. It was a long quiet ride home. I figured I help and vacuum the house and tidy up for my wife as she was a total basket case due to the fact that she rescued her and nursed her back to health when I didn't think she would last a week. As I was vacuuming her white hairs off the maroon carpet as I usually do I realized it would be the last time I would have to do it, I totally lost it. The rock broke and I haven't stopped. Life is short, pets lives are even shorter. I never thought I'd be this upset, even after losing dogs in the past that where by my side all the time. This one really hurts.......

Old 04-17-2018, 03:48 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear Bill...
my heart goes out to you and your wife, it really sucks!

Old 04-17-2018, 03:59 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
sorry to hear about your pup Bill. they become like members of the family after awhile... its sad when they go.. but if theyve had health issues theyre sometimes better off than suffering..

Old 04-17-2018, 05:06 PM
Mcrafty1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts
Ahhh man, That really hurts. I have had a dog all my life (different ones of course) I currently have two, I have had to have the last two put down do to different health issues. The rest didn't seem to handle traffic and the such too well. Anyway, my point is I seem to get more attached to them the older I get. I also find I like dogs much better than most people I meet now days. My heart goes out to you and your wife....Who ever said dog was mans best friend didn't take the life expectancy into consideration. I'll have at least one by my side when I cross over just the same. The time we have with them seems to out weigh the heart ache when we part.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your wife.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:56 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sad news and I'm sorry to hear this.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:11 PM
navistarnut
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bill, dogs are so tough to let go.
Our last one, who lived a good long life, I rode around with for 10 minutes before I had the guts to drop her off at the vet to say good bye because of a twisted gut, then had to go back in to get her collar that I forgot to take off making it that much worse seeing those sad eyes one last time.
Healing be with you and the Mrs.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Diverdom
Senior User
All I can say is sorry bro. Been there and will be again but it never gets any easier . 😢

Old 04-17-2018, 07:44 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 347 Likes on 215 Posts
Sorry.....I have had dogs all my life and each was special in their own way as yours was.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:58 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,441 Posts
Sorry to hear Bill, I know you and your wife's love of animals.

Les and I have taken a break from dogs after Ralph and Teaser passed, it's damn hard loosing part of the family.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Ford.Dude
More Turbo
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
I feel ya brother. Pets add alot of value to a family. My wife and I had to put our first dog Lulu down a few years back. We had her before we had kids. I really didn't know I cared that much about a dog but I did. I would wood work in the back yard. She would grab a scrape piece of wood and pull it apart until she had a pile of splinters around her. Needless to say after many many years of whittling with her teeth, she hardly had any when she passed.

Sorry to it hear that man. They'll be missed.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks guys, I never broke like this before. I don't know how it happened or why. I just fell apart. ImI just glad it was quick, maybe that why it hurt so bad cause it was totally unexpected. I'm still have trouble processing it. Time will pass and things will get back to a semi normal state around here.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:26 PM
Tideman
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry for you Per4mance. Been there and it hurts. With mine i didn’think i could cry that hard. I did.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Yoteman
Senior User
I’m really sorry to hear this! The attachment some of us have with our pets can be very profound. It’s been 9 years since I lost my dog and I still think about him often. Just three nights ago he popped into my head and instantly made me sad. I’ve had many dogs over my life but he was special.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:37 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Bill sorry to hear about your loss of a family member.

I can say from resent experiences that knowing that your going to loose a pet and having time or loosing the pet quickly hurts the same.
April 17, 2017 was the day I lost Tetsu. Then about 8 months Mokkun passing Dec 20 was hard and there was very little warming. The pain
still finds a way in when I think about some of the fun and funny things they would do.

The loss hurts. Pets also feel loss when there human passes on. The bond is a real thing and if it did not hurt that we would not be the
caring people that we are. The times that you hurt are a good time to remember the good things that came from the friendship.

Quick Reply: It's been a long day......