Rotating Tire.... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotating Tire....

Old 04-13-2018, 05:43 AM
MPawelek
Senior User
MPawelek is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rotating Tire....

All 3 of my automobiles have the "directional" type tires where you do not rotate them. On the F-250 with standard 4 tires how often should I rotate and is it just front to back or do you criss cross? All previous trucks for me were F-150's and these larger tires are new to me. I am surprised that the regular manual and tire supplement do not show a tire rotation scheme. Thanks...

Old 04-13-2018, 06:03 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Most do what's called a rear cross. The fronts cross on the way back and the rears come straight forward. I do mine every second oil change which is 10k miles for me.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:43 AM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
From Ford 2015 Owner's manual....SAme schedule in the diesel owner's manual....7500 miles

Old 04-13-2018, 07:54 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
These things come with a manual?

Old 04-13-2018, 09:02 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
My tire dist. rotates them every 5,000 miles and also rebalances the tires as part of their warranty. I do fronts straight back and rears criss cross going forward.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:46 AM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
I do mine every oil change also. I buy my oil from parts guy then take it to quick lane and they do it for about $30

Old 04-13-2018, 10:07 AM
MPawelek
Senior User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
These things come with a manual?
Did you even bother reading my post? Apparently not.....

Old 04-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MPawelek View Post

Did you even bother reading my post? Apparently not.....

Excuse me? I absolutely read your post and was the first person nice enough to give you an answer. The owners manual comment was making fun of myself as I had no idea the answer was in the manual. I've never had mine out of my glove compartment. Lighten up brother...

Old 04-13-2018, 11:32 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Excuse me? I absolutely read your post and was the first person nice enough to give you an answer. The owners manual comment was making fun of myself as I had no idea the answer was in the manual. I've never had mine out of my glove compartment. Lighten up brother...
Easy big boy. lol

Old 04-13-2018, 11:35 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Don't make jokes in this thread Mike!

Old 04-13-2018, 11:39 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
Don't make jokes in this thread Mike!
Sorry, straight as an arrow from here on.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
Sorry, straight as an arrow from here on.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:29 PM
MPawelek
Senior User
Well ok....Thanks!

Old 04-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
No worries man. Things get lost in translation on the net sometimes...

Old 04-13-2018, 03:42 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MPawelek View Post
Well ok....Thanks!
You've only got 10 posts here. If you hang around the site a little more you'll see there are a lot of good people here with good info that also love joking around. Sometimes their humors on the dry side but you'll get to recognize it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rotating Tire....

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: