2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2019 Superduty Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Joe308
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 Superduty Ordering

I have visited several dealers over the last two weeks who claim they are still taking 2018 orders and cannot enter one for a 2019. It's possible they were misinformed or trying to sell the 17s and 18s on their lots. In any case, what is the current situation on ordering a 2019 and have many orders gone in yet? Im in no rush but want to get my order in for a September or October delivery. Also if anyone has a recommendation for a high volume dealer servicing the NJ market with invoice pricing I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 04-01-2018, 10:03 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,739 Likes on 1,330 Posts
The local-to-me dealer I asked confirmed that any order now would be a 2019, and the lines won't start running until mid-June.

Salesmen are very sketchy. I'd be willing to bet they are either trying to get you to buy from the lot, or they are too lazy to get the correct information for you.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:20 PM
banditg2000
Junior User
I was told that my dealer could not order a truck until the order bank (or whatever the correct term is) closes on the 2018's which is scheduled for April 19th. I assume shortly after that I'm able to order the 2019. I've read something on one of these threads that the date may have changed, but I'm not sure about that. I have contacted my salesman so many times saying something to the effect of, "I read from a few sources that we can now order 2019's through "this system or that system"" that I'm just going to wait until I know I can order for sure. If there is any solid info out there instead of, "my dealer said" then I would like to know that. I'm guessing dealers are taking deposits and giving some type of form to their customers but not actually submitting an order through the formal systems in place. Even if there is a way to trick the system, I figure the orders will sit until production anyway so I'm not going to be delayed much if I wait until the end of the month or early May.

Oh and I received this from an internal email within Ford, " 2018 MY Super Duty Balance Out Final orders are due for 2018 MY Super Duty on Thursday, April 19. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, April 19. " Again, I'm not sure if this has changed or not...

Old 04-02-2018, 12:27 AM
toymaster
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This is the only story I have heard from legitimate sources. '18 ordering is still open for the next couple of weeks and no you cannot order a '19 yet, well the dealer cannot actually place the order in the Ford system. Of course, they can jot it down on a napkin and take your deposit, Hell, go ahead and order a 2020 while your at it. In addition, there is usually a time span in between model year orders and I heard (this part is hearsay) that it will be longer than usual this year.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:47 AM
kdin1
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by toymaster
This is the only story I have heard from legitimate sources. '18 ordering is still open for the next couple of weeks and no you cannot order a '19 yet, well the dealer cannot actually place the order in the Ford system. Of course, they can jot it down on a napkin and take your deposit, Hell, go ahead and order a 2020 while your at it. In addition, there is usually a time span in between model year orders and I heard (this part is hearsay) that it will be longer than usual this year.

Not sure how my NJ Dealer did but I was able to order a 2019 see attached PDF Order and we priced it out and not on a napkin

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2209_001 (2).pdf (83.5 KB, 583 views)
Old 04-02-2018, 06:03 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Originally Posted by banditg2000
I was told that my dealer could not order a truck until the order bank (or whatever the correct term is) closes on the 2018's which is scheduled for April 19th. I assume shortly after that I'm able to order the 2019. I've read something on one of these threads that the date may have changed, but I'm not sure about that. I have contacted my salesman so many times saying something to the effect of, "I read from a few sources that we can now order 2019's through "this system or that system"" that I'm just going to wait until I know I can order for sure. If there is any solid info out there instead of, "my dealer said" then I would like to know that. I'm guessing dealers are taking deposits and giving some type of form to their customers but not actually submitting an order through the formal systems in place. Even if there is a way to trick the system, I figure the orders will sit until production anyway so I'm not going to be delayed much if I wait until the end of the month or early May.

Oh and I received this from an internal email within Ford, " 2018 MY Super Duty Balance Out Final orders are due for 2018 MY Super Duty on Thursday, April 19. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, April 19. " Again, I'm not sure if this has changed or not...

Wait...so we can still order a 2018? I was under the impression that orders closed on 3/2/18?

I'm confused.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:14 AM
toymaster
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kdin1
Not sure how my NJ Dealer did but I was able to order a 2019 see attached PDF Order and we priced it out and not
on a napkin
Well, if that is not a napkin it is one step above. Maybe commercial grade generic orders are handled differently. Maybe prices are set earlier to allow business to budget for purchases, I really do not know.

Originally Posted by ATC Crazy
Wait...so we can still order a 2018? I was under the impression that orders closed on 3/2/18?

I'm confused.
Yes, My order went into the system on the 28th.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
3495_001.pdf (267.4 KB, 178 views)
Old 04-02-2018, 06:20 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Thanks. Looks like I have 2 weeks to get something done. I was dragging my feet for a week now because I figured I'd be waiting until Aug. or Sept. before an ordered truck would show up.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:23 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just reached out to a Ford forum moderator who is the inventory manager of his dealership. He posts the order guides and order bank info. His reply to me this morning was this:

"The 2019MY Super Duty USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) IS open. Final 2018MY scheduling will be completed on Thursday, April 19th and 2019MY scheduling will start on May 17th.

There has been no change to the 2018/2019 changeover schedule!"

18 scheduling is different then 18 ordering. What that 4/18 date is or 4/19 in his words is for all the orders for 18s prior to 3/6 closing will have a scheduled build week by 4/19.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:38 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by toymaster
Well, if that is not a napkin it is one step above. Maybe commercial grade generic orders are handled differently. Maybe prices are set earlier to allow business to budget for purchases, I really do not know.

Yes, My order went into the system on the 28th.

just because it went into the system does not mean Ford will pull it. As I had just posted above this one, it seems some dealers are confused on ordering vs scheduling.

Nothing changed on ordering banks.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Ok, reached out to my contact and got clarification on this. His answer to placing a 2018 order after the 3/6 date:

"Only if they have a order in with allocation they can make a change"

So what this means is If a dealer still has allocation available (they placed a dealer stock order that hasn't been scheduled), the dealer can edit that order and modify it to what the customer wants, again as long as it hasn't been pulled from Ford for scheduling.

So this should clear up the confusion on order banks. They are CLOSED and have been closed since 3/6. 2019s opened up from that date forward.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:12 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Ford stopped charging for fuel?

Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 AM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blwnsmoke
Ok, reached out to my contact and got clarification on this. His answer to placing a 2018 order after the 3/6 date:

"Only if they have a order in with allocation they can make a change"

So what this means is If a dealer still has allocation available (they placed a dealer stock order that hasn't been scheduled), the dealer can edit that order and modify it to what the customer wants, again as long as it hasn't been pulled from Ford for scheduling.

So this should clear up the confusion on order banks. They are CLOSED and have been closed since 3/6. 2019s opened up from that date forward.
so that was how my dealer could special order my F350 on 3/21 that was totaled by the lightening and fire— in with their dealer allocation

Old 04-02-2018, 09:05 AM
KyF350
Senior User
Only thing I'm hearing is '19 fleet orders are being done, no customer orders until after Apr.19th.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Even more info from the inventory manager.. sheesh this is so damn confusing...

"The production timetable comes from the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is the only source that Ford provides. The "Fleet Final Order Date" & "Last Day to Spec Change" really apply only to fleet orders. The final scheduling information for regular (Retail, Stock, A/X/D Plan) production orders is available via the Ford Scheduling Toobox available to Dealers at the FMCDealer.com portal.

Any orders placed during a model's "Balance Out" scheduling period are subject to commodities balancing out early.

Dealer stock orders scheduling during the "balance out" period are usually locked in and cannot be spec changed."

Quick Reply: 2019 Superduty Ordering