Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Serve question

Old 03-19-2018, 10:33 AM
MG250
Senior User
MG250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power Serve question

I use PS white in the winter and plug my truck in when it's cold. The challenge is when the temp is below -10, even with the truck plugged in, I get some gelling.
The gelling is in the rear fuel filter area.

So the question - when it's that cold, and I already put in at least double the PS white amount at the diesel fill up, can you put in some PS red during diesel fill up to potentially negate any gelling in the fuel filter or will that cause fuel system issues prematurely?,

Old 03-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Braggs
Senior User
Braggs has a good reputation on FTE.Braggs has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by MG250 View Post
I use PS white in the winter and plug my truck in when it's cold. The challenge is when the temp is below -10, even with the truck plugged in, I get some gelling.
The gelling is in the rear fuel filter area.

So the question - when it's that cold, and I already put in at least double the PS white amount at the diesel fill up, can you put in some PS red during diesel fill up to potentially negate any gelling in the fuel filter or will that cause fuel system issues prematurely?,
Plugging the truck in (block heater, et al) has nothing to do with the fuel gelling. Make sure you use the "winter" treatment fuel-to-additive ratio (16 oz per 20 gallons) listed on their website. Using the +0F ratio (16 oz per 40 gallons) won't cut it. See their website. If this supplement is not providing the anti-gel performance you are expecting, it might be necessary to switch to a different additive.

https://powerservice.com/psp_product...-boost/#tabs-3

Old 03-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Deanmc
New User
Deanmc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are you not able to buy winter or arctic grade fuel in your area?