6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Remote Start Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:22 AM
afrank
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start Help

I currently have a viper alarm system from my old truck and I would like to install it into a 2008 Ford F-250 Diesel. My problem is I would like to have the remote start from the viper and be able to use the factory alarm system. I don't need 2 alarms. The reason i'm doing this is so I can still use the keypad. Ill explain below.

*I will not be using the factory key fob when installed*
The only wires i'm gonna hook up are:
• Remote start wires
• Key transponder wires
• Unlock and lock wires

So if i push the unlock on the aftermarket alarm system I want it to disarm the factory alarm system and unlock the doors. (Like your pushing the unlock button on the door of the truck)
If I push the lock on the aftermarket alarm system I want it to arm the factory alarm and lock the doors. (Like your pushing the lock button on the door of the truck)
(Its basically like i'm pushing the lock and unlock on the factory key fob... is there anyway to do this?)
If you push 7&8 and 9&0 on the factory keypad on the door it locks the doors is there anyway I could find a wire that intercepts this that way I can tie into that wire? Same with the unlock?

Let me know your thoughts.. I basically want to retain the factory unlock and lock features.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:28 PM
DieselDenny
Cargo Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
I would highly recommend that you purchase a new unit designed for that year of truck.

I've installed many and can tell you that the 08 is a spaceship compared to any other year.

I would also offer advice to take it to a vendor and have them do it.

I've got a brand new bullydog sitting within eyeshot of me and I am capable of installing it, but there are so many things that a do it yourself guy, no matter how talented will miss or just screw completely up.

These guys that do it everyday have it down and most do an excellant job.

The few hundred dollars to have it professionally done is worth the sleep.

Just my honest opinion. I've witnessed disasterus results from those that tried and ended up trashing computers or having no start situations that were very costly.

Denny