turn interior lights off on f150 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

turn interior lights off on f150

Old 09-15-2003, 04:45 PM
New User

jwblazer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Angry turn interior lights off on f150

Someone please help me find a way to install a switch or something to turn the interior lights off when the doors are open on my 99 F150!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Posting Guru

thelonerangerxlt is starting off with a positive reputation.

Jwblazer, try turning the dash light dimmer switch all the way past dim and see if it clicks off. My Explorer turns the interior lights off that way, and yours may too.......

Welcome to FTE!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:17 PM
New User

I've tried that already! I've tried everything I know, even call ALL the ford dealerships and everyone acts like it is imposible to do. I know there has got to be a fairly easy way to do this.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:03 AM
New User

Unhappy turn interior lights off on f150

I know this question gets asked a lot. I have read forums from other web sites and searched all through this site. Everyone has different suggestions but no positive answers. I think FORD should take this into consideration and design the interior light relay to be turned on or off.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Postmaster

HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

You could unplug the door ajar switches inside the door, or remove the interior lamps relay.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:20 AM
New User

Thumbs up turn interior lights off on f150

1999 F150 ext cab.
1. Behind Driver side kick panel, gray harness, black wire with yellow stripe.
Cut it and leave your self plenty of wire to work with.

2. Behind Passenger side kick panel, gray harness, black wire with purple stripe.
Cut it and do the same as the other.

3. I used 18 awg wire but 20 would be fine too. Splice the wires on the passenger side and run them to where you would like your switch on the dash.

Note: Make sure you mark all of your wires to keep them in the sequence that they run now.

4. Splice the driver side wires and run them to the other wires you just ran from the passenger side.

Bare with me: the wires closest to the harneses from both sides go together and the other two go together.

5. Plug them into a switch that does not have to be grounded and you are good to go.

With your swich off, You can still turn on the interior lights from the factory switch and when you use your remote entry, the lights will come on long enough for you to see to get in and then they go off. Leave the doors open as long as you want... NO LIGHTS!!

Then, of course, when you turn your switch on, they work normal.....

Thank You and have a vice day