Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

IBC

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 05:15 PM
AeroCare
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CR172
Is this dealer located on the north side of Dallas on Central by chance?
No, we're in East Texas.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:52 PM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AeroCare Thanks allot for your patience and researching this problem, This has been going on for me since last November.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:55 PM
AeroCare
Senior User
Originally Posted by ecoboost12
AeroCare Thanks allot for your patience and researching this problem, This has been going on for me since last November.
We're all in this together.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:28 PM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AeroCare
We're all in this together.
why didn't you order the IBC when you ordered the truck? That would have solved all these problems

Old 02-21-2018, 07:37 PM
AeroCare
Senior User
Originally Posted by brokenleg
why didn't you order the IBC when you ordered the truck? That would have solved all these problems
I didn't order my truck.

2 weeks ago I wasn't even looking to buying a truck but I knew I needed an additional tractor so I ended up needing another truck to tow it because my current truck can pull my current tractor but the new tractor is bigger and weighs more.

I love the 5.7 Tundra but 18mpg was a non starter. I then considered the Ram Ecodiesel at 25mpg but after looking at the numbers and the limited amount of miles I was going to use it I didn't think financially it was a good deal. Since I was already in the Ram dealership I looked at the Ram 5.7 HEMI but 22 mpg highway did not look too much better than the Tundra plus the ride didn't really amaze me.

I spent a couple of days on the laptop and when I knew what I wanted I visited 4 Ford dealerships in one day negotiating prices and ended up with this truck, buying it around 7:30pm. It was pretty much on the money of what I wanted except for a couple of things but I figured the TBC for example is easy to add, in a truck without a defective fuse box of course.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:35 AM
ecoboost12
Elder User
My story is i had looked at several trucks driven the different powertrains and saw this truck you know the words I was told that i could install the ITBC afterwards that i did the dealer installed a 2015-2017 ITBC thinking it was compatible and Flashed the BCM that if it wasn't for allot of help from this site and a OP by the name of Pocket we knew it wasn't the right one for my truck and this has been the on going Problem, Luckily we have AeroCare with some real time problems, Now we have the Proper part number I say Welcome!!!

Old 02-22-2018, 08:49 PM
AeroCare
Senior User
For those who haven't seen the fuse box with the #24 fuse installed, here it is. Not that it helps anyone, just found it online and thought I'd share.

Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2018, 09:34 AM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Fuse Box

AeroCare, So how did you make out at the dealer did they install a factory TBC and flash the BCM what did they do for the 12V supply to the Harness, I hope you got your Truck or will Soon, Thanks for the Pic of the Fuse Box!!

Old 02-23-2018, 10:31 AM
AeroCare
Senior User
The dealer texted me yesterday afternoon that the TBC arrived and it'll get installed and flashed today. I'm just waiting today for them to text me about having an issue, even though I've been telling them for a week about the fusebox problem but at least I have it in writing that even if it takes an hour or 5 hours they said they would make it work one way or another.

We'll see. At least now I can also send them the part number of the fuse box that has the #24 fuse and show them how easy it could be to fix. They then have 2 options: wire it directly to another fuse until the official fix comes through, or they can ask Ford to approve ordering the new fuse box that costs less than $200 and fix it correctly.

Of course it all depends on what Ford tells them they can do so it'll be up to me to show them about the new fuse box and have them ask Ford if they can fix it this way and get their approval.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:43 AM
AeroCare
Senior User
A Ford dealer in Canada found out that the 2018's that already have a fuse in location F24 in the fusebox under the hood have fusebox part number JL3Z-14A068-E. If you install this fusebox then your issues are gone. It seems like it's just a plug and play, just gotta take out the battery and battery tray and the fuse box unbolts/unplugs.

Not that I don't trust that dealer but if any of the members here that have the #24 fuse could verify their fusebox part number that would be awesome.

This is the cheapest I have found it https://parts.elderautogroup.com/oem...on-jl3z14a068e

Old 02-23-2018, 02:40 PM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Fuse Box

Where is the fuse box part#I took the Lid off its not under there if you can tell me where it is I'll verify it.I took several pics of the fuse box and all of the connections. If you want to P/M your cell I will send the pics to you.what ever help you need i will do.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:37 PM
AeroCare
Senior User
Originally Posted by ecoboost12
Where is the fuse box part#I took the Lid off its not under there if you can tell me where it is I'll verify it.I took several pics of the fuse box and all of the connections. If you want to P/M your cell I will send the pics to you.what ever help you need i will do.
I thought yours does NOT have the #24 fuse?

Old 02-23-2018, 05:29 PM
ecoboost12
Elder User
I have the Fuse #24 in the fuse Box but still have the fault at the TBC I'm waiting for them to install the right TBC on the Dash that's my problem.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:23 PM
AeroCare
Senior User
I sent you the PM. BTW, did you tell your dealer the correct part number so they can ask Ford to let them order it?

I got a text from my dealer so hopefully soon enough my issue will be corrected. They're in orange, I'm in gray.

Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2018, 07:11 AM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Thumbs up Controller

Yes I gave Them the New Part number for them to install it, I also have that Control Fault, Hope it's because of the Wrong Controller, We'll see.

Quick Reply: IBC