Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hump day !

Old 02-21-2018, 08:51 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Hump day !
yea. Ned code enforcement inspector came by yesterday. He was happy with the work done so far, told me take my time finishing it up. Got one more load to haul 9ff

Old 02-22-2018, 12:07 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Glad to hear you are making good progress and getting the man off your back.
My boss is keeping me busy with new machines so far this week but I have a busted radiator to start pulling in a D6 tomorrow. I am loving the warmer weather!!!

Old 02-22-2018, 02:45 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Glad to hear you are making good progress and getting the man off your back.
My boss is keeping me busy with new machines so far this week but I have a busted radiator to start pulling in a D6 tomorrow. I am loving the warmer weather!!!
so any word on the safety mgr?

Old 02-23-2018, 02:48 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
TGIF !!
Not a peep. I have come to realize that I didn't get it and I am just waiting for the thanks for applying letter in the mail. Changed the oil in the tractor and adjusted the carb, she runs like a top now. Me and little man rode the 4 wheeler around the property yesterday afternoon, he loves to ride.

Wife asked me when are we going camping. I told her a few more weeks. Hate to de-winterize it knowing we are going to get at least one more cold snap. The campground down the road is 35 a night with full hook ups. We are going to do at least one night as a trial run. One thing I want to do is hook up to city water this weekend and make sure we don't have any leaks. Also see if I can figure out the cable. Would be nice to hook to cable at the RV park till I get the SAT going.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:43 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
TGIF !!
Not a peep. I have come to realize that I didn't get it and I am just waiting for the thanks for applying letter in the mail. Changed the oil in the tractor and adjusted the carb, she runs like a top now. Me and little man rode the 4 wheeler around the property yesterday afternoon, he loves to ride.

Wife asked me when are we going camping. I told her a few more weeks. Hate to de-winterize it knowing we are going to get at least one more cold snap. The campground down the road is 35 a night with full hook ups. We are going to do at least one night as a trial run. One thing I want to do is hook up to city water this weekend and make sure we don't have any leaks. Also see if I can figure out the cable. Would be nice to hook to cable at the RV park till I get the SAT going.
Busy as always. How did you get your daughtet off the 4 wheeler? Remind yourbwife it not Easter yet. Lexie did not believe me about that statement and a cold snap, till we had one right at Easter. MIL in Ft Worth had sleet and ice yesterday.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:40 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The daughter had went horse back riding with a friend so it was free to ride !!

I was talking to another American owner and figured out I can winterize the coach with just 2 gallons of antifreeze mixture. I bought 6 last time and dumped them in the main tank. It has a weatherization hookup in the water compartment and the pump pulls it thru the system. Still have to drain the water heater but that's not hard either.

I would like to see if the ice maker works, I have a feeling it doesn't and get that fixed if I can. We are getting closer to going on a first camp out. Going to try to finish changing the oil in the generator this weekend. Then I can can start gathering the stuff for the engine service after the 1st.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:19 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I worked around the property from sun up to sun down. Looks like rain tomorrow so I worked like crazy to get as much done as I could. I didn't do anything to the motorhome. I wanted to change the oil in the generator but decided to wait for my tool to come in from the MAC man. I found out why my MTD was throwing a belt and I got the part on order. It's so nice to have my tractor running again!

Old 02-24-2018, 09:07 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Mine throws the belt if I disengage the belt with it running. The last one did it also. Started filling the big hole. Got to get some disk to cut the metal sides. Found a demo hammer cheaper 5han renting

Old 02-25-2018, 01:18 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
It had a has a bad pulley, was loose and egg shaped the hole. The new spindle and pulley will be here on Wednesday. Since it has been raining I cleaned up my basement , sharped my chainsaw and fixed the automatic chlorinator for the pool.

The wife said she wants to take the motorhome out to the campground next weekend, just to set it up and try it out. Grill some burgers and relax. Far enough way to be different and close enough to run home and feed the pets. Sounds good to me!!

Old 02-25-2018, 01:22 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
It had a has a bad pulley, was loose and egg shaped the hole. The new spindle and pulley will be here on Wednesday. Since it has been raining I cleaned up my basement , sharped my chainsaw and fixed the automatic chlorinator for the pool.

The wife said she wants to take the motorhome out to the campground next weekend, just to set it up and try it out. Grill some burgers and relax. Far enough way to be different and close enough to run home and feed the pets. Sounds good to me!!
Have not done anything today. That the problem with critters you have to get somebody to feed them if you want to get away

Old 02-26-2018, 05:28 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
It was not a total waste of a day, I was able to finally clean up the basement, sharpen my chain saw blade and watch the race. Funny thing is it rained the whole day at my house and no rain at the speedway. I managed to get a ton of stuff done around the house on Saturday so I feel pretty good.

I ordered some more stuff for the motorhome, a big cooler and portable BBQ grill. We could probably take her out now and have fun but we have about 90% of what I want to have. Getting there!!

I should have the old radiator out of the D6 in about an hour or so. Good thing it is already inside!

Old 02-26-2018, 07:12 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
It was raining dow here about 4.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:18 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Found out the dish for the Satellite TV on the motorhome is too old and won't work. It's a let down but that gives me an excuse to upgrade next year to an in-motion.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:31 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Our annual tool allowance is available so I bought some ratcheting metric wrenches and a heavy duty punch.

Hooked the motorhome to our house water with a garden hose and I found a water leak on the toilet valve. I also have a small drip on the outside water panel but it's behind the panel so I can't see it. Good thing I have amazon prime and a new valve will be here on Friday.

Wife and daughter want to camp this weekend so I found a campground that is close to the house that doesn't have a 2 day minimum stay and is on lake Weiss. The wife and daughter want to do some fishing.

Quick Reply: February 2018 Chat Thread