2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Bagged and Lifted F-450: Show Worthy Daily Hauler

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After posting the YT link I found this in another thread:
Edit

quoted from the driver himself; "Update to incident: I was traveling 40 mph and the light went to yellow switched in less than 2 seconds. I did run the light, it was my fault 100% however after talking to CHP he says these lights are not timed correctly. I could not stop in time, I laid on my horn for what seemed forever (no eye contact from driver) He rear ended the back of my bed. Very scary my son (8) and daughter (5) and wife are all okay. I’m a good driver however today was not my day. It could of been a lot worse. Thank you for all the kind words. See you all soon!"

Old 01-04-2018, 04:55 PM
WorkFE
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seen a nasty one Saturday on 64 just before the WV border with KY. Guy was pulling about a 24 foot enclosed trailer. It was upside down, in front of him, detached from the truck. His CC dually dodge 4x4 was folded about half way like a pocket knife.
Happened a bit before I got there, no idea what happened but weather was most likely a factor. It was Icey.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:07 PM
cdnfireman
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor
Bagged and Lifted F-450: Show Worthy Daily Hauler
By Brett Foote

High-end bagged and lifted Super Dutys are all the rage these days. Mainly because they can quite simply do it all!

To each his own I guess, but all I see is a truck that’s hard to get in/out of ( particularly for the ladies), way harder on fuel, tires, brakes, and bearings, harder to stop and less functional as a truck due to the higher bed and hitch height. Not to mention probably $10K+ in added cost. Cool looking in some ways but it’s gonna be a pavement queen.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:51 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,870 Likes on 2,789 Posts
I always thought "bagged" meant that a vehicle had been lowered like this. Maybe I'm just too old to "get" it.

Oh, one thing that truck can't "do" is go into a parking garage.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:09 PM
Sir Kayakalot
More Turbo
Some of the same people that are bad-mouthing the lifted F-450 here would oooh and awww over that slammed low riding truck if they saw it at the car show. I don't understand the hate towards the lifted F-450. If you hate it that's one thing, but the guy obviously has a lot of time and money vested in it and a lot of pride too. Why can't you just keep your bad opinions to yourself? I don't want that big F-450 dually but if I passed it on the highway I'd definitely do a double take cuz I think it looks badass myself. Some folks just like what they like and if you can afford and you like it I say go for it. If you're proud of it , post pics of it because I like to see all of the trucks

Old 01-04-2018, 07:40 PM
theboom
Tuned
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir Kayakalot
Some of the same people that are bad-mouthing the lifted F-450 here would oooh and awww over that slammed low riding truck if they saw it at the car show. I don't understand the hate towards the lifted F-450. If you hate it that's one thing, but the guy obviously has a lot of time and money vested in it and a lot of pride too. Why can't you just keep your bad opinions to yourself? I don't want that big F-450 dually but if I passed it on the highway I'd definitely do a double take cuz I think it looks badass myself. Some folks just like what they like and if you can afford and you like it I say go for it. If you're proud of it , post pics of it because I like to see all of the trucks
Well I hate lowered trucks as well. Basically anything other that stock, I have zero interest because it destroys the very thing the vehicle was designed to do. The MOST I would do is a level, and even then I prefer to level by putting weight in the truck like it was designed for. I would also do a double take on the highway but only because it’s abnormal.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Sonny Crockett
Tuned
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
It's too extreme for me but looks pretty cool. I'm putting on a 4 in. with 35's, stock 20's on a new 17' 350 CCSB. Only tow jet skis.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:00 PM
Anthony W
Junior User

4. Keeping It Real (Usable)

Next, Scofield turned his attention to the stance. Knowing this truck would need to retain its ability to haul a gooseneck trailer, the obvious choice was an air suspension. Scofield settled on a pretty nice setup that consists of a Kelderman 5-6 inch Air Suspension Package and an AccuAir e-Level Air Management Package. Opting for the 8-10 inch package would have undoubtedly looked cooler, but it would have also made towing a gooseneck virtually impossible.

Well, a few members clearly didn’t read the article before bashing the beauty over its lift. Also I can’t recall another truck truck being bashed by so many people over a lift and some wheel and tire upgrades. There are many other trucks with the same up fittings on this forum that are amazing, but this one isn’t. Weird...

It’s a darn good-looking truck. More power to em...

Old 01-05-2018, 12:29 AM
TheLex
Elder User
Personally I love the way the thing looks, but I too wonder how he's going to pull a fifth wheel. I realize he has the Kelderman air suspension. Maybe he is able to set it to the exact height he needs to tow a fiver? Not sure how that would be accomplished. Maybe a preset?

Old 01-05-2018, 02:11 AM
Tex68w
Tuned
Wow, there's certainly a lot of hate on this forum lately towards modified trucks. Different strokes for different folks and you all are certainly entitled to your opinion, but out right bashing the truck because it doesn't fit "your" idea of what a truck should be is a little pathetic. I don't like every mod that people make to their vehicles but I respect their vision and commitment to customizing their vehicles for their individual needs and as always beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I like the look of his truck, sure it'll degrade some of its handling, ride, and towing capabilities/characteristics, but that obviously doesn't outweigh the pros for him. I get it as I too have a lifted Alumiduty and I don't lose any sleep over surly turds flapping their traps about it.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:25 AM
commtrd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdnfireman
To each his own I guess, but all I see is a truck that’s hard to get in/out of ( particularly for the ladies), way harder on fuel, tires, brakes, and bearings, harder to stop and less functional as a truck due to the higher bed and hitch height. Not to mention probably $10K+ in added cost. Cool looking in some ways but it’s gonna be a pavement queen.
Agree 100%. It's great to see there are still some guys out there with common sense. These trucks run just fine stock as designed.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Tex68w
Wow, there's certainly a lot of hate on this forum lately towards modified trucks. Different strokes for different folks and you all are certainly entitled to your opinion, but out right bashing the truck because it doesn't fit "your" idea of what a truck should be is a little pathetic. I don't like every mod that people make to their vehicles but I respect their vision and commitment to customizing their vehicles for their individual needs and as always beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I like the look of his truck, sure it'll degrade some of its handling, ride, and towing capabilities/characteristics, but that obviously doesn't outweigh the pros for him. I get it as I too have a lifted Alumiduty and I don't lose any sleep over surly turds flapping their traps about it.

So what does the truck pictured in the OP do better than stock?

If it was an Earthroamer overland setup, maybe I could understand. But derating a 450 to a 350 seems counterproductive.

It's obvious what it's worse at.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Sir Kayakalot
More Turbo
Why does it have to do something better than stock? Why do people buy a Corvette when the speed limit is 75? Why do people buy a 2000 sq/ft house when they could get by in a 1000 sq/ft house? The owner of the truck obviously likes to drive a big/tall truck. Why does it really matter to anyone else what he spends his money on? To me it's really no different than spending $50k building up an old car into a hotrod that will spend the majority of its time in the garage.
I don't understand the hate towards the OPs truck.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:34 AM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
It looks like those tires are pretty wide compared to the rims. I wonder what rim width / tire width is used.

BTW, some of the negative feedback from this forum is likely due to the claim that these mods are "all the rage," it is a "daily hauler," and this truck "can do it all." If this was shown as a cool mod for someone who wants the meanest looking truck you can get on the road, I suspect the comments would have been much more positive.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:44 AM
6.2caribou
Laughing Gas
Received 168 Likes on 109 Posts
On another forum that I frequent, this truck would be known as a brodozer and would likely have it's picture taken while straddling multiple space marking lines in a big-box store parking lot...

Quick Reply: Bagged and Lifted F-450: Show Worthy Daily Hauler