Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disabling the Auto Start Stop

Old 12-19-2017, 05:22 PM
vnleclaire
Freshman User
vnleclaire is starting off with a positive reputation.
Disabling the Auto Start Stop

I have A 2017 F150 with A 3.5 ecoboost
Has anyone disabled the auto start stop feature using forscan? If so would disabling it void any factory warranty?
I really don't like the auto start stop feature on my truck I'm sure that others feel the same as I do. It seems to me that the extra wear on the starter and battery would out weight any saving that you might get in fuel.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:27 PM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to all
You can do it through Forscan. It won't void your warranty. Any changes you make via Forscan will be over written if the dealer has to reflash you BCM for any reason, so write the values you change down for reference somewhere.

BCM module - 726-48-02 / x0xx/xxxx/xxxx) for 'auto start/stop'

Or you can do this

Or this, go to the 3:08 mark

Old 12-20-2017, 03:33 PM
storage_man
Senior User
storage_man is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by vnleclaire View Post
Has anyone disabled the auto start stop feature using forscan? If so would disabling it void any factory warranty?
I really don't like the auto start stop feature on my truck I'm sure other feel the same as I do. It seems to me that the extra wear on the starter and battery would out weight any saving that you might get in fuel.
What JKBrad stated and linked is 100% correct. Forscan can set it permanently off, so can the hot wire switch. For me I really believe Ford should of provided a REAL ON/OFF switch.

I really thought I could get used to the engine turning off at stop lights. But after 2 months of trying, every time it did it, I thought that "I now need to push this truck off the road, because the engine DIED". Its worse with me since I'm an old guy and I would need help to push this truck. SO with that, I used Forscan to turn it off. Today I like my truck a bunch better than before. Yes I know that an upgrade the computer code, will remove my forscan changes. I'll just have to do it again.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:36 PM
F250GH
Senior User
F250GH is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've had the truck for one day, and already hate that feature.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:34 AM
jimmy-six
Elder User
jimmy-six is starting off with a positive reputation.
I push the button Everytime I get in...old guy too.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:51 PM
storage_man
Senior User
Originally Posted by jimmy-six View Post
I push the button Everytime I get in...old guy too.
Do you use POSTIT notes on the dash to remind yourself ? I just could never remember to do until it happens.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:58 AM
johndeerefarmer
Posting Guru
johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mine is tuned by 5 star. No stupid auto start/stop feature and I have more power and it shifts better

Old 12-24-2017, 09:38 AM
vnleclaire
Freshman User
vnleclaire is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
Mine is tuned by 5 star. No stupid auto start/stop feature and I have more power and it shifts better
Im not familiar with 5 star. Could you provide us with more information.
Thanks

Old 12-24-2017, 02:17 PM
storage_man
Senior User
Thanks
Here you go Custom Dynomometer Chassis Tuning Products and Services - 5 Star Tuning

Enjoy !

Old 12-25-2017, 05:36 AM
Excelerater
Senior User
Excelerater is starting off with a positive reputation.
the amount of gas savings with this feature that no one wants is not even measurable

Old 12-26-2017, 01:28 PM
johndeerefarmer
Posting Guru
johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks
5 star tuning does custom tunes. They give you more power, better shifting and disable the auto start/stop feature

Old 12-27-2017, 12:27 AM
Komet86
Freshman User
Komet86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Excelerater View Post
the amount of gas savings with this feature that no one wants is not even measurable
I disagree, when I do a lot of around town driving it saves me a lot of gas. But .....only if my truck is warm or its not too hot outside or my phone isn't charging or if I move the steering wheel or for some other reason it decides to keep running. Lol

But another work around is to use tow/haul mode or sport mode also disables auto start stop. I find the standard shifting point lug the 3.5 EB quite a bit since I carry at least 1500 lbs of tools around most of the time. I use tow haul a lot to keep it shifting tighter, power is there quicker to accelerate and it's better for the hilly town where I live with better hold back. Sorry to detour.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:26 AM
shortride
ididmyduty
shortride has a very good reputation on FTE.shortride has a very good reputation on FTE.shortride has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm sure users are getting what they want out a tuner, and that's great but with a new truck still under the factory warranty I don't want to take that risk. If I had a truck that has an expired factory warranty and I wanted a few performance enhancements, that would be a difference situation all together.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Senior User
2020 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know it's hard on us old guys. I work for Paccar at a Kenworth truck plant and there is a lot of work that goes on before new features are introduced. Yea, it's true some of them don't pan out in everyday use. I'm starting to get used to it but I don't do very much city driving.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:02 PM
dambird
New User
dambird is starting off with a positive reputation.
I really don't like the auto start stop feature on my truck I'm sure other feel the same as I do. It seems to me that the extra wear on the starter and battery would out weight any saving that you might get in fuel.
engine stop start. pigtail a four flat connector under the bumper, use some magnetic towing lights and put them by the frame rails or wherever. paint the lens black. your truck thinks you have a trailer hooked up and no more stop start.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Disabling the Auto Start Stop

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: