Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   Disabling the Auto Start Stop (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1520649-disabling-the-auto-start-stop.html)

vnleclaire 12-19-2017 05:22 PM

Disabling the Auto Start Stop

I have A 2017 F150 with A 3.5 ecoboost
Has anyone disabled the auto start stop feature using forscan? If so would disabling it void any factory warranty?
I really don't like the auto start stop feature on my truck I'm sure that others feel the same as I do. It seems to me that the extra wear on the starter and battery would out weight any saving that you might get in fuel.

JKBrad 12-19-2017 05:27 PM

You can do it through Forscan. It won't void your warranty. Any changes you make via Forscan will be over written if the dealer has to reflash you BCM for any reason, so write the values you change down for reference somewhere.

BCM module - 726-48-02 / x0xx/xxxx/xxxx) for 'auto start/stop'

Or you can do this

Or this, go to the 3:08 mark

storage_man 12-20-2017 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by vnleclaire (Post 17668245)
Has anyone disabled the auto start stop feature using forscan? If so would disabling it void any factory warranty?
I really don't like the auto start stop feature on my truck I'm sure other feel the same as I do. It seems to me that the extra wear on the starter and battery would out weight any saving that you might get in fuel.

What JKBrad stated and linked is 100% correct. Forscan can set it permanently off, so can the hot wire switch. For me I really believe Ford should of provided a REAL ON/OFF switch.

I really thought I could get used to the engine turning off at stop lights. But after 2 months of trying, every time it did it, I thought that "I now need to push this truck off the road, because the engine DIED". Its worse with me since I'm an old guy and I would need help to push this truck. SO with that, I used Forscan to turn it off. Today I like my truck a bunch better than before. Yes I know that an upgrade the computer code, will remove my forscan changes. I'll just have to do it again.
:-drink

F250GH 12-20-2017 03:36 PM

I've had the truck for one day, and already hate that feature.

jimmy-six 12-21-2017 08:34 AM

I push the button Everytime I get in...old guy too.

storage_man 12-21-2017 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy-six (Post 17671994)
I push the button Everytime I get in...old guy too.

Do you use POSTIT notes on the dash to remind yourself ? I just could never remember to do until it happens. :-X21

johndeerefarmer 12-24-2017 07:58 AM

Mine is tuned by 5 star. No stupid auto start/stop feature and I have more power and it shifts better

vnleclaire 12-24-2017 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer (Post 17678089)
Mine is tuned by 5 star. No stupid auto start/stop feature and I have more power and it shifts better

Im not familiar with 5 star. Could you provide us with more information.
Thanks

storage_man 12-24-2017 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by vnleclaire (Post 17678206)
Thanks

Here you go Custom Dynomometer Chassis Tuning Products and Services - 5 Star Tuning

Enjoy !

Excelerater 12-25-2017 05:36 AM

the amount of gas savings with this feature that no one wants is not even measurable

johndeerefarmer 12-26-2017 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by vnleclaire (Post 17678206)
Thanks

5 star tuning does custom tunes. They give you more power, better shifting and disable the auto start/stop feature

Komet86 12-27-2017 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Excelerater (Post 17679431)
the amount of gas savings with this feature that no one wants is not even measurable

I disagree, when I do a lot of around town driving it saves me a lot of gas. But .....only if my truck is warm or its not too hot outside or my phone isn't charging or if I move the steering wheel or for some other reason it decides to keep running. Lol

But another work around is to use tow/haul mode or sport mode also disables auto start stop. I find the standard shifting point lug the 3.5 EB quite a bit since I carry at least 1500 lbs of tools around most of the time. I use tow haul a lot to keep it shifting tighter, power is there quicker to accelerate and it's better for the hilly town where I live with better hold back. Sorry to detour.

shortride 12-27-2017 08:26 AM

I'm sure users are getting what they want out a tuner, and that's great but with a new truck still under the factory warranty I don't want to take that risk. If I had a truck that has an expired factory warranty and I wanted a few performance enhancements, that would be a difference situation all together.

2020 12-27-2017 08:35 AM

I know it's hard on us old guys. I work for Paccar at a Kenworth truck plant and there is a lot of work that goes on before new features are introduced. Yea, it's true some of them don't pan out in everyday use. I'm starting to get used to it but I don't do very much city driving.

dambird 01-13-2018 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by vnleclaire (Post 17668245)
I really don't like the auto start stop feature on my truck I'm sure other feel the same as I do. It seems to me that the extra wear on the starter and battery would out weight any saving that you might get in fuel.

engine stop start. pigtail a four flat connector under the bumper, use some magnetic towing lights and put them by the frame rails or wherever. paint the lens black. your truck thinks you have a trailer hooked up and no more stop start.