Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Any help would be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:26 PM
lucas majors
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome thanks guys! The IPR sounds lile a good lead since it acts like a fuel issue when it won't start. Hopefully will get the alternator on tomorrow and see what cold water will do when/if it stalls again. Also read another thread about pulling the EOT when it stalls, guess it' worth a shot. Starting to doubt that I got a good deal on this truck after all haha

Old 12-10-2017, 04:58 PM
lucas majors
Freshman User
So I bought a Bluetooth code reader today, a innova drive 3211a from AutoZone for $100. When I try and use the torque app it wants a pairing code, I've tried 1111 0000 1234 etc with no luck. The innova app is junk and will just read codes. The truck wont' even start now and it just says there are no codes, that doesn' help. Do I need to take that thing back and just wait and order one online?

Old 12-10-2017, 05:04 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
The reader has to read OBD-I, PWM1850 protocol for our trucks. Not all of them do, including online.

That is why you will see specific models suggested when you see someone mention them.

I don't know the Autozone one you have, but it is more than likely not compatible. It *should* connect to Bluetooth pairing in Torque Pro, though, as TP does many other vehicles.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:12 PM
lucas majors
Freshman User
TORQUE

Amazon Amazon

That's the one I got from AutoZone. I only have the lite version of Torque right now, was going to get the full version once I got the connctor, should still be able to connect with my phone id imagine. My phone is a galaxy S8+ FWIW.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:18 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by lucas majors
So I bought a Bluetooth code reader today, a innova drive 3211a from AutoZone for $100. When I try and use the torque app it wants a pairing code, I've tried 1111 0000 1234 etc with no luck. The innova app is junk and will just read codes. The truck wont' even start now and it just says there are no codes, that doesn' help. Do I need to take that thing back and just wait and order one online?
Did you try 5 digits? BT has to be on, so the OBD device must be plugged into truck and the ignition turned on.

Tell us what steps and configuration options you have done in TP....

Old 12-10-2017, 07:26 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Here is a link for your manual: https://csr.innova.com/Content/Manua...wnloadable.pdf

It only discusses using their software. I don't see any code provided. Maybe it is hardcoded in the software and they don't tell you what it is?

Old 12-10-2017, 07:36 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
That adapter won't work with other software, like TP.

Found this:

<li class="sort-oldest a-viewoptions-list-item">
Innova Service3 years ago
Report abuse

Hello Steve Taylor,

Thank you for your review and use of our product. I apologize for the trouble you've had with our 3211 Quicklink device.
Currently, the Quicklink device is designed for Android and Apple IOS devices; it is not advertised for Windows as of this time. I apologize if you are not able to use this tool with different application, but the 3211 is designed to only work with Innova Quicklink Applications. If you are having issues connecting to your Samsung Galazy Note 10.1, please email me at support@innova.com, Attention: Joseph or give us a call. I will personally assist you with this issue.
Should you have any questions with the upgrade or the software please do not hesitate to contact our technical support department at (800)544-4124. We're available Monday through Sunday from 6:00am - 6:00pm Pacific Standard Time.

Thank you,
Innova

Old 12-10-2017, 07:50 PM
lucas majors
Freshman User
Thanks for digging into it like that. I'l just take it back tomorrow if it won' work.

Back to the truck tho, I removed the ICP today and tried to crank the truck and oil just slowly came out of the hole. According to a video on YouTube that would lead either to the HPOP or the IPR.... The ICP didn' have oil in the plug either. So I guess getting one of these scanners to work on TP would narrow it down for me..

Old 12-10-2017, 08:02 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Thanks for digging into it like that. I'l just take it back tomorrow if it won' work.
No problem. Sorry about the bad news.

Since you are starting from scratch as they say, there are certain tools and tests the guys will take you through to cover the most common issues and narrow down which system is giving the trouble.

Take the time to work through each one and you'll be amazed at how well known our trucks are

Old 12-10-2017, 08:14 PM
lucas majors
Freshman User
Yes sir, tools and tests are much appreciated! This truck is driving me crazy and the title just came back back in the mail yesterday! It seems like its a fuel issue of some sort. Hopefully I can just get a IPR on there and be done with it.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:59 PM
lucas majors
Freshman User
So I got a Bluetooth obd2 scanner and have the torque pro app hooked up, I also have a new motorcraft IPR. Any tips on how to use the torque pro app to help me find what the prob is. The tri9ck won' start now and there are no fault codes. The IPR on the trucks looks to be not very old at all, might have been a $160 waste of money...

Old 12-15-2017, 03:35 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
Old 12-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi thanks for the advice. I put a new CPS in it today, I doknt know what the other one was for sure, it was grey and the end that goes in the motor was smaller around then the black one I put in. I checked the alternator again also and it's still putting out 12.5 when idling bit when revved up to 1500 rpm it' putting out 13.8-14. I went ahead and bought a new alternator goiing to put it on tomorrow, if nothiing else it should make it idle smoother, has a slight surge to it when idling. Drove it again for about a hour today and when i was pulling in the driveway stgalled again and no start So the new CPS fixed basically nothing. It turns over strong and fast but doesn' hit a lick, nothing, like it isn' getting fuel. But when it's driving it never jerks or bucks or nothing crazy, runs great. I dont really see how it could be a battery or alternator prob making it die and not start when it has plenty of juice to turn over real good. Also the dial does go to a chip in the PCM, I took the key out and unhooked it after it stalled hoping it would miraculously make it start but to no avail. Still at a loss...

Oh it' a automatic, sorry thought I mentioned that in my first reply.
I would replace the alt asap, if not done already, the fact you get fluctuations like you described is bad juju for a vehicle of any type, your alt with in 30secs of starting should see an output of 14.2 - 14.5 (I installed a volt meter at my cigarette lighter hole as I don’t need it for smoking) and torque pro also verifying the same voltage at the OBD port as well.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:54 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So I got a Bluetooth obd2 scanner and have the torque pro app hooked up, I also have a new motorcraft IPR. Any tips on how to use the torque pro app to help me find what the prob is. The tri9ck won' start now and there are no fault codes. The IPR on the trucks looks to be not very old at all, might have been a $160 waste of money...
Just saw this (on my Fruit based device) so I Apologise for the double posting, but if your truck is NOT starting while hooked up with torque pro (aka TP) or dies while running when you use TP you need to check the PID(s) as one (or heaven help ya) or more may have an error in them.Also I would read over the two links Sous provided as they will help get you started, in fact I need to update the FAQ anyways… Also I am not sure if this was mentioned, have you recently checked both batteries? While sometimes it may not seem like a battery issue if the batteries do not have strong enough capabilities they can cause weird issues to occur, remember the battery is both the alpha and Omega of the trucks charging system ( or any vehicle for that matter ), and I have seen some strange issues occur with batteries that have contained a dead cell

Old 12-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Brother Les
Cargo Master
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Get one of these.

It will let you know when your glow plugs come on, during the 'Wait to Start' period. Voltage should go from 12.5v to 11.5v.

When the Glow Plug Relay shuts off. When the Glow Plug Relay shuts off and the truck is running, the Voltage will 'Slowly' rise to the output of the Alternator. (14.5v?)

The 'pull down' of the batteries when cranking after the 'wait to start' light goes out. 11.5v-11.v (if the voltage goes to 10.5 v. it will not start.)

It will tell you the out put of the Alternator. Around 14.5v

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equus-Inn...&wl13=&veh=sem

Quick Reply: Any help would be appreciated.