2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Complete "How To" Halogen to LED Heads & Tails

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 05:03 AM
rwilimo
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wheresjames
Update: received a replacement headlight assembly and the LH highbeam works just fine. Thanks again to all for the thorough guidance.

Now just debating if I can live without the OEM LED tail lights..
haha, I did the same thing, needless to say I wound up changing them too!

Old 08-12-2018, 07:45 AM
jmeo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, looks like we have a lot of LED conversion people now, thats great! I have been super busy studying for a promotional exam so I haven't been here lately.

I am trading my Super Duty in about eight weeks so I will be selling my entire kit if anyone is interested. It will be headlights (complete), taillights (complete), headlight plugs, BCM wire pins, rear taillight harness, 3 bar led light that comes on the dual wheel trucks and also both factory LED fog light assemblies. Only thing you will need is wire to run from the BCM to the headlights.

PM me if interested

Old 08-14-2018, 10:02 AM
jmeo
Senior User
I am getting a lot of PM's about what I am selling. This mod is not for the faint of heart, it is quite expensive. I think I am all in for $4,000.00 and I just wanted to mention that because what I have for sale is still a lot of money. I am asking $2,500 shipped which I believe is a great deal but some are not interested in spending that much, which I can appreciate. I think bare headlights alone are selling for almost $2000 on eBay.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:43 PM
cjindna
Freshman User
Forgive me if I this has been discussed as part of this thread previously or if I am mistaken as to the OE LED operation.

I just completed this swap on my 18’ 250 Lariat, full led f/r/fogs. Thank you to all who helped with making this possible.

My question is in regards to the DRL (C lamp) functionality. With parking lights on I can clearly see that the C lamps are “half bright” and with DRL (truck in drive, light switch in auto, daytime) that the C lamps are “full bright”. At night, again switch in auto, low beams/fogs on, the C lamps appear to be “full bright” as though the BCM is powering the DRL circuit.

Is this the correct functionality for the C lamps? I would have expected the C lamp to be “half bright”, parking lamp power, at night with switch in auto and no power from BCM to DRL (full bright) circuit.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:52 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Correct. With the headlights on, the c clamps should be only half bright. Did you install the new pins in the bcm connector and run wires? Did you make all the Forscan changes?

Old 10-06-2018, 06:19 PM
cjindna
Freshman User
Originally Posted by troverman
Correct. With the headlights on, the c clamps should be only half bright. Did you install the new pins in the bcm connector and run wires? Did you make all the Forscan changes?
Followed the guide to the letter. New BCM wires pulled for DRL (Pins 40/36) and just like the OP did not run outtage wires.

All FORScan changes made and re-checked. Interesting thing again is that everything appears to function exactly as expected with the one exception of the DRL (full bright) on with the low beams.

Any other thoughts? Can/will post up BCM config later this evening.

Edit - BCM config attached. Also noticed when pulling BCM config that there are DTCs for open circuit on both L/R F/R head/tail lights. No MIL or other dash warnings, just DTCs.

Attached Files
File Type: txt
BCM_With_LED.txt (3.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-06-2018, 07:01 PM
troverman
Hotshot
I’m not sure. I bought the OP’s lights and everything is working fine, although for a couple of days the drivers c clamp would flicker or be too bright. I’m guessing one of my connections wasn’t great.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:17 PM
Towerhog
Senior User
Originally Posted by cjindna

Followed the guide to the letter. New BCM wires pulled for DRL (Pins 40/36) and just like the OP did not run outtage wires.

All FORScan changes made and re-checked. Interesting thing again is that everything appears to function exactly as expected with the one exception of the DRL (full bright) on with the low beams.

Any other thoughts? Can/will post up BCM config later this evening.

Edit - BCM config attached. Also noticed when pulling BCM config that there are DTCs for open circuit on both L/R F/R head/tail lights. No MIL or other dash warnings, just DTCs.

I had the same issue as well. Somewhere back in this thread I posted the fix for mine. Cant remember exactly where it is, but it should be there.

EDIT: Ok. I was wrong. I thought I had posted the find in this thread. I must have been a different thread as I could not find it in this one. Will keep looking.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:02 PM
cjindna
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Towerhog
I had the same issue as well. Somewhere back in this thread I posted the fix for mine. Cant remember exactly where it is, but it should be there.

EDIT: Ok. I was wrong. I thought I had posted the find in this thread. I must have been a different thread as I could not find it in this one. Will keep looking.
Towerhog - I saw that you had the exact issue but didn’t see the fix in this thread. I’m also in an 18 Lariat Value pkg. I’ll look through all of your post to see what I can find. Thanks for the help here!

Old 10-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Towerhog
Senior User
OK. Think I may have something that might help. As always, backup what you got just in case this don't work. I changed several lines of codes to make it work (for me). Hope this helps.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
LED Codes.pdf (32.6 KB, 107 views)
Old 10-08-2018, 09:08 PM
cjindna
Freshman User
OK. Think I may have something that might help. As always, backup what you got just in case this don't work. I changed several lines of codes to make it work (for me). Hope this helps.
Appreciate the follow up. Unfortunately unable to open the attachment for some reason.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:16 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by cjindna

Appreciate the follow up. Unfortunately unable to open the attachment for some reason.
His attachment is a Microsoft Word 2007 or newer document. You'll need Word to open it.

You should have no problem with a Lariat Value. Mine is an XLT Premium and is working perfectly. The flickering / wrong brightness issue went away on its own and has been fine for about two weeks now.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Towerhog
Senior User
Ok the attachment is now in PDF. You should be able to open without any problems.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:24 PM
cjindna
Freshman User
Ok the attachment is now in PDF. You should be able to open without any problems.
Thanks a ton! Will give this a shot.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:42 AM
Matthew Beck
New User
Originally Posted by jmeo
I am getting a lot of PM's about what I am selling. This mod is not for the faint of heart, it is quite expensive. I think I am all in for $4,000.00 and I just wanted to mention that because what I have for sale is still a lot of money. I am asking $2,500 shipped which I believe is a great deal but some are not interested in spending that much, which I can appreciate. I think bare headlights alone are selling for almost $2000 on eBay.
Still do not have a truck to put them on, but I am very interested if these have not been spoken for, unfortunately still a new member here and do not have enough posts to PM.

Quick Reply: Complete "How To" Halogen to LED Heads & Tails