2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Complete "How To" Halogen to LED Heads & Tails

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 07:29 AM
mispohr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Mathis Jr.
Im having a issue on my 2019 superduty after doing the oem led headlight conversion. The low beam headlights are coming on with the c lamp drls and i cant figure out how to change this. Also im getting headlight flicker when high beams are turned on. tried a bunch of different changes on forscan with no luck anybody else having issues on 18 or 19 superdutys? FYI i ran the wires as directed to the #36 and #40 bcm
Yoiu have to double check your wires I had issues and everything was the wires I hooked up , the color codes on my truck were different on the helogen plugs so what i did was i use a test light and hooked up one light at a time . Longs you did forscan correctly and your wiring is correct it will work .

Old 02-22-2020, 08:12 AM
Michael Mathis Jr.
New User
mine seam to be the same color as his. what black plug did you use ? the one in gray wire loom or black?

Old 02-22-2020, 08:18 AM
Michael Mathis Jr.
New User
Originally Posted by mispohr
Yoiu have to double check your wires I had issues and everything was the wires I hooked up , the color codes on my truck were different on the helogen plugs so what i did was i use a test light and hooked up one light at a time . Longs you did forscan correctly and your wiring is correct it will work .
what black plug wire did you use the one with gray wire loom or black?

Old 02-22-2020, 08:34 AM
mispohr
New User
what black plug wire did you use the one with gray wire loom or black?
I used the top plug its black

Old 02-22-2020, 03:35 PM
Michael Mathis Jr.
New User
I used the top plug its black
Double checked all wire connection everything is good Whenever I try to make changes in forscan it says it’s interrupted and it won’t make any changes. Any ideas?

Old 02-22-2020, 03:59 PM
mispohr
New User
Double checked all wire connection everything is good Whenever I try to make changes in forscan it says it’s interrupted and it won’t make any changes. Any ideas?
No not really I no I had to install all different drivers for computer that took me all day to figure out and that was trial and error the forscan blog has good info I would just keep trying if wires are good then its definitely connection problem with forscan

Old 02-22-2020, 09:10 PM
Michael Mathis Jr.
New User
No not really I no I had to install all different drivers for computer that took me all day to figure out and that was trial and error the forscan blog has good info I would just keep trying if wires are good then its definitely connection problem with forscan
well got everything to work right with forscan but I crossed two wires to try something and this happend! Smh hoping I dont have to buy another headlight

Old 05-21-2020, 10:28 PM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone done this recently? The OPs directions seem very detailed but the pictures don't come up anymore. I have the Morimoto harness and it's not working very well so I'd like to wire it the correct way.

More specifically if anyone has the wiring instructions to go from the factory halogen wires to the LED connector that would help a lot.

Old 07-21-2020, 11:54 AM
kukharenkoi
New User
Hello there do you still have those Led Talilights? If you do would you message me. Thank you

Old 09-01-2020, 06:27 PM
mispohr
New User
so i did my conversion 1 year ago everything worked great until I have no courtesy lights Cant turn them on with switch or when door open. Does anyone have any ideas maybe this has nothing to do with conversion im clueless any help i would appreciate it

Old 09-01-2020, 06:55 PM
mispohr
New User
Did you figure it out just curious cause I need to take mine in for warranty work also

Old 09-01-2020, 06:57 PM
mispohr
New User
Originally Posted by strtcop1
Sent my 2017 f350 to Ford because my power tailgate would not open.. There is a recall on the 2017-2019 f 250, 350, & 450s. ( BIG MISTAKE ) They could not get it to operate so the completely erased my BCM and reprogrammed it Knocking out all my
codes that I had put in when I converted From Factory halogen to factory led headlights and tail lights. some of it I got working again but some I just don't remember what I did. No matter what I do I cannot get the hyper flash on the signals to stop and I cannot get
the C Bars around the headlights to go on when I put it in drive. When the headlights auto dim it knocks out the high beams and just turns on the low beams, I am following the forscan spreadsheets but it's not accepting the codes that they instruct me to put in????
I kick myself now that I just learned that I could have saved all those settings on my lap top computer, I won't make that mistake again.
But for now I can use any help anyone can give me..

Thank You

Ron
did you figure it out just curious i need to take mine in for warranty work also

Old 11-30-2020, 11:14 AM
superduty f-350
New User
Originally Posted by wheresjames
I used HCZ-13A409-A for my install and my LED bed lights work fine, I did not install the 3 light strip below the tailgate but do like knowing it's possible if I change my mind.

HC3Z-14D189-C, HC3Z-14D189-D are BLIS brackets specifically for LED tails, you will not be able to re use the brackets from your halogen tail light housings. You will be able to reuse the hardware/screws.
Great work everyone, this is awesome!

I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but I am confused. I have a 2019 non-led. non-bliss, with led bedlights. I recently purchased the Ford LED taillights with bliss. I don't care to add Bliss at this point. My question is, do I use the HCZ-13A409-A harness or the 13A409-C? I would like to add the OEM light under the tailgate, or an aftermarket light later.

Thank you in advance. Stay well!- Rob

Old 02-19-2021, 02:10 PM
atanchor
New User
Has anyone tried just changing to halogen bulbs for LEDs? Am I falling into a trap looking for the easy way out? Lots of LED suppliers are touting just switch the bulbs. Help!

Old 02-20-2021, 06:47 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 977 Likes on 598 Posts
well got everything to work right with forscan but I crossed two wires to try something and this happend! Smh hoping I dont have to buy another headlight
I hope you don't have to buy a new light either. Mine is going to the dealer in the coming week to have one replaced due to fogging up. They claim that it's a $1000 part.
My fogging eventually went away so I told them I didn't want to replace the headlight housing right now. They whined about the price and claim that because it's "special order" that Ford won't let them return a brand new, unopened box part. So instead of leaving them to hang for a $1000 part, as they claim will happen, I rescheduled and will have it replaced. But I made it clear that no matter what happens I will not be paying for it on a truck that was bought 10/20/20 and still only has 1900 miles on it. If Ford ends up charging the dealer, that will between the dealer and Ford to sort out.

Quick Reply: Complete "How To" Halogen to LED Heads & Tails