Installed a Secure-Idle kit today - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Installed a Secure-Idle kit today

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 11-20-2017, 03:28 AM
90pioneer
Elder User
90pioneer is starting off with a positive reputation.

Finally got around to installing a Secure-Idle kit that I ordered a couple weeks back.

Overall the install went pretty smooth. Took me a bit to find the wire connector that I needed to splice into. Had thought it would have been under the dash but it was actually under the trim that surrounds the steering wheel.

The factory wires are small... much smaller than the wires on the secure idle kit. Keep this in mind. I used butt connectors and wire taps (yeah I should have soldered but don't have a solder gun).

Ran a ground wire, connected the last wire to the blue/grey wire in the accessory pack, drilled a hole in the switch and put everything back together.

Works great! Took me a while to figure out how to shut the truck off. The only way I can turn it off is by shifting out of park. Even if the key is back in the ignition. Not really a big deal. Factory remote start still works as normal along with my BD diesel high idle kit.

Will be nice this winter. It's already been down to -20.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:21 AM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Glad you got it done.