N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Turdbeam's gas tax

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:51 PM
peppersfords
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is even more fun now that we just voted to make sure the gas tax only gets used for what we were originally told it was gonna be used for. Can't wait to move east. Not sure where yet but $3500 a month for an apartment with an employee discount is just getting to much to swallow. I can't even believe we pay $42,000 a year in rent...

Old 07-13-2018, 01:07 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by peppersfords
This thread is even more fun now that we just voted to make sure the gas tax only gets used for what we were originally told it was gonna be used for. Can't wait to move east. Not sure where yet but $3500 a month for an apartment with an employee discount is just getting to much to swallow. I can't even believe we pay $42,000 a year in rent...
Good gravy! $3500?!?!?!

We have 3 and 4 bedroom houses that are in decent shape and in good area's down here that rent for less, and I thought WE were expensive here on the peninsula.

Wow. This state really needs to start building more housing...it's the only way we can get prices lowered, which will help with the cost of living in this darn state.

Stewart

Old 07-13-2018, 01:40 PM
peppersfords
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Good gravy! $3500?!?!?!

We have 3 and 4 bedroom houses that are in decent shape and in good area's down here that rent for less, and I thought WE were expensive here on the peninsula.

Wow. This state really needs to start building more housing...it's the only way we can get prices lowered, which will help with the cost of living in this darn state.

Stewart

Did you see that house that was in the news about a month ago in Sunnyvale that sold for like $1.8 and was about 1000 sq ft? Well that’s on the next street over from me. It’s insane. I mean the schools are great but it’s ridiculous.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:55 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by peppersfords
Did you see that house that was in the news about a month ago in Sunnyvale that sold for like $1.8 and was about 1000 sq ft? Well that’s on the next street over from me. It’s insane. I mean the schools are great but it’s ridiculous.
Some people see those cost of housing levels and they scream for rent control, when in actuality, it's that very same rent control they scream for that causes prices to increase and housing to become more scarce.

1.8 million....friggen insane for a 1000 sq ft house.

Stewart

Old 07-14-2018, 02:52 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 132 Likes on 126 Posts
Something needs to be done, but I have no clue what that would be.

Jim

Old 07-14-2018, 05:59 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Something needs to be done, but I have no clue what that would be.

Jim
We need more supply and less demand. It's been proven, we need to build.

It's been proven rent control hurts, that it doesn't help, yet you will still find some politicians (like Gavin Newsome) who are proponents of rent control strictly because he's pandering for votes. If he truly wanted to help the state, he wouldn't advocate for rent control, he'd foster building more homes and apartments and upgrading infrastructure.

A December 2017 study by Stanford University proves this.

Stewart

Old 07-14-2018, 06:23 PM
Njstern87
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
We need more supply and less demand. It's been proven, we need to build.

It's been proven rent control hurts, that it doesn't help, yet you will still find some politicians (like Gavin Newsome) who are proponents of rent control strictly because he's pandering for votes. If he truly wanted to help the state, he wouldn't advocate for rent control, he'd foster building more homes and apartments and upgrading infrastructure.

A December 2017 study by Stanford University proves this.

Stewart

why let facts get in the way of a good campaign..sick of them all. I say vote them all out and start with fresh blood...

Old 07-14-2018, 07:36 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
More houses are y’all craaaazy, with Water being sold by the drop , how are those home going to benefit the water crunch , on that note the rivers are flowing real good into Nevada , once you get out of boomtown Cali side it slows down to a trickle , further you go on the 80 towards north shore cut off , the river Stops, Utah and Nevada has plenty of water , Utah sends water down to LA too .

Old 07-15-2018, 06:45 AM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The house I live in sold for $17,500 in the 1950's. The only reason it was that much was because my in-laws ordered every upgrade they could get. Now, it's appraised around a million.

Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by 04badford
More houses are y’all craaaazy, with Water being sold by the drop , how are those home going to benefit the water crunch , on that note the rivers are flowing real good into Nevada , once you get out of boomtown Cali side it slows down to a trickle , further you go on the 80 towards north shore cut off , the river Stops, Utah and Nevada has plenty of water , Utah sends water down to LA too .
Good point. Damned if you do, damned if you don't build more houses. It's shocking to me when I read about new "housing" developments in San Jose where more than 200 people are projected to live on a piece of land the same size as the one Smokie and I share. I guess they won't be using nearly as much water per person as I do. Glad I have a good well.