N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Turdbeam's gas tax

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:44 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Turdbeam's gas tax

I buy my fuel in Nevada. For you all that are forced to buy Cali gas, how much did ol' moonbeam's fuel tax raise gas prices? I have to head down to Southern Cal pretty soon and I'm wondering how much this is going to hurt my wallet.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
In Fresno, we are at the $3 a gallon at Arco. Other station are higher.

Jim

Old 11-19-2017, 11:37 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Thanks Jim. I just paid $2.43 at Carson City Costco. Just wondering how much my upcoming trip is going to hurt. That's OK, $3.00 isn't as bad as I expected. Great news.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Maltman
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
$3.39-$3.49 gal of diesel here.....

Old 11-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Don Naslund
Laughing Gas
Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
The gas tax was $0.12, $0.16 on diesel but the gas actually went up $0.30 almost overnight. It is starting to come down but they are expecting heavy travel this Thanksgiving so it most likely go back up soon.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Don Naslund
... $0.16 on diesel
Actually, it WAS at .16 cents, but it went up by .20 cents, to .36 cents per gallon.

Stewart

Old 12-03-2017, 10:41 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Back home from trip, Thanksgiving holiday trek. At most fuel stations, gas was close to $1.00 higher than where I normally fuel in Northern Nevada. Just crazy, how California is raping its voting constituency on a regular basis, and they have no idea how much. Why do we keep voting these clowns back into office? SMH.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

As long as I can remember, California has always had higher gas prices than the surrounding states. Back in 1968 when we took a trip to Oregon to see the property dad had bought, I remember on the way back he said he wanted to fill up in Oregon because it was cheaper than California. I see nothing has changed.

Jim

Old 12-05-2017, 07:20 PM
vettex2
Posting Guru
if they fix the roads, the tax is worth it

Old 12-05-2017, 08:21 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
The thing is, they've been taxing Californians for decades and wasting the revenue on bullcrap that it was never intended for. Now that they've lied, blown past taxes on programs of waste fraud and abuse, they scream that they need to create another tax. Kinda like how congress stole, misappropriated and wasted our social security reserves, now claim that they need to rethink our "entitlement" because the money's not there. California government has misappropriated our tax dollars that were supposed to be used for infrastructure, and people just want their roads fixed so they turn a blind eye while that crook governor steals more and more from our family's budgets to fund his pet projects. It's just wrong.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Njstern87
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
The thing is, they've been taxing Californians for decades and wasting the revenue on bullcrap that it was never intended for. Now that they've lied, blown past taxes on programs of waste fraud and abuse, they scream that they need to create another tax. Kinda like how congress stole, misappropriated and wasted our social security reserves, now claim that they need to rethink our "entitlement" because the money's not there. California government has misappropriated our tax dollars that were supposed to be used for infrastructure, and people just want their roads fixed so they turn a blind eye while that crook governor steals more and more from our family's budgets to fund his pet projects. It's just wrong.
Exactly. I have sat and listened to politicians from the high speed rail authority, the several other railway joint powers authorities say they will be receiving funding from this tax. When asked "I thought this was for the road maintainence?" they responded it's for transportation in general. So while I make 100k a year, try and support my fiancée while she is in school, and pay my bills and don't love a life of luxury or excess, and have to fight to keep my head above water financially, let's add another tax to the public.

I'm sick of it, pay for grocery bags that used to be free, pay more for gas to "fix the roads" (sure), and the reality is the guy that lives next door to me gets it all for free because he's disabled (no offense nighteze, your situation is much different) at 30 something and wants to grow pot (20-30 plants) and be a drain on scociety. Just infuriates the hell out of me, its like why even try. Can just be a loser and get it all for free, or bust your *** and get the same darn thing at the end of the day.

Ok rant over, now to go find a way to lower my blood pressure before work...haha

Old 12-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

No offense taken. I am not going to respond to any of this because my blood pressure is already high (even with the BP medication they give me) so working myself up in a tizzy is not good. However, I will say I agree with both of you 100%.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:36 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don’t forget the twin tunnels and cigarettes tax , I don’t buy bags , I’ll look around for empty boxes in the stores or get my free bag from homer depot, Moonbeam can’t be out soon enough, along with all his cronies , just researched John *** , thinking well he’s said he would get rid of the gas tax , high speed train and twin tunnels, then Travis Allen posted that John sent thousands of dollars to Soros and the Clintons, scratched *** off the list , Travis Allen says no to the Train, but is for finishing the state water project, no mention of gas tax yet, whatever we do Grousom newsom must NOT Take Office .other wise I’m packin and gettin the hell up out of here.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:17 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 04-22-2018, 11:12 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Whomever runs, I just hope that both *** and Allan can agree that whichever one has the best chance of success stays in the race and the other steps down. If they both run, they will certainly cancel each other out, especially with the new Cali election rules where it comes down to the last two candidates standing, meaning the two with the most votes would be the only choices on the ballot... If both of the republican candidates stay in the race and compete against each other, I see the race resulting in two democratic candidates being left to contend, newsom and villaraigosa. That would be the final nail in Cali's coffin.

Quick Reply: Turdbeam's gas tax