New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello to all from Sunny Florida

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 07:15 AM
macdavid
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello to all from Sunny Florida

My name is David , I reside in Fl. Me and my family have been in the Automobile Tire and Repair business for 55 years at the same location. I have been active in the business since 1975. I started as a tire buster, as they called them in the old days, I am now the owner for the past 25 years. I cannot guess of how may tires, new and recapped, that I have trued and spin balanced on the car with the old Hunter 4 ring head and the strobe light,"" over the years. I am sure some of the OLD GUYS will appreciate that"".. Actually, I still use that stuff when required to. Anyway, the knowledge and correct info of this business is abundant on the web today., so why not use them. One pet pev that drives me crazy is the tech that thinks he knows it all and will not search or ask for help , for some reason a lot of techs are like that and limit their knowledge. The Owners world is changing although the tech world is changing more. The parts changers are being eliminated very quickly. I will be the first to tell you my knowledge is more towards Tires, vibration repair, brakes, and electrical although as an owner I have to listen and do it all at certain times. We run Mitchell and Alldata at our shop for info and labor times. We use Snap-on Verus and Tech 2 for most of our car diag today.

I am married to wife of 30 years with 2 grown boys that have nothing to do with my shop. One is a Pharmacist and the other a Loan Officer at a bank. I can be found, when not working fishing down here around the Gulf Of Mexico, or rivers or playing some golf.

I really hope that I can add some insight to the forum but also, more importantly, I sure hope I can gain some from this site. Thanks

Old 11-11-2017, 07:51 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,525 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Welcome David, I hope you enjoy our forum and look forward to your input and questions. I remember and have Balanced tires on the Ford version on the Hunter oh so many years ago. So I feel your pain! LOL

Rod

Old 11-11-2017, 08:05 AM
macdavid
New User
5-Lab, Most people look at you crazy when you talk about those balancers and truer's although I stll find myself using them once or twice a week correcting a balance issue or determining what bearing is making noise. Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to it.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:40 AM
rwtdct
Mountain Pass
Welcome from the central coast of California

Old 11-13-2017, 02:00 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the site

Tony