6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Why is ford not interested in customer service

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Jswenski
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is ford not interested in customer service

Why? After owning nothing but Ford vehicles my adult life and only 37580 miles on my 2015 6.7f-350 am I fighting to get a radiator. I bought this truck to work and now I'm dead in the water. Seriously?

Old 11-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Have you called Ford Customer Service and talked to your regional rep? Just remember a little sweetness goes a long way as there have been some that Ford helped with the cost of replacing their radiator after the warranty expired.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Jswenski
New User
Yes, I have talked to everyone and they tell me there is nothing they can do. I have left messages with corporate twice now with no returned phone calls. My real complaint I guess is that they know they have an issue. Yet they leave a guy hanging. I work full time. Run a construction business as well with numerous full time guys, belong to the fire department, and have three kids to bring to every sport known to man all the time... I just can't believe that I'm out here hanging dead in the water. In my business customers come first.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
If you went in with guns blazing and demanded satisfaction, I suspect they left you "high and dry". There are numerous threads on replacing the radiator in the 6.7 forum or this forum.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/

Old 11-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Jswenski
New User
I did not go in guns blazing at all. My standing motto as I was raised is start nice, get serious, end furious... Seriously, I'm only at step two. I have poked around on those threads and don't understand why I am not receiving the same type of service. Love my truck. Dislike issues that cost me time and money... And in my world they are one in the same.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:51 AM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Totally agree with you Ford is becoming Ford tough and no warranty. It was bad enough my 16 went through a few little problems but now my 17 was the last straw that broke my back. I've been buying Ford trucks since 1983 so it's safe to say I'm a Ford lover and other brands too of course they all have their faults nothing is perfect. The problem Ford has become unapproachable with any warranty issue even when you're in the mileage. They look for any way to worm their ways out of paying for a repair it's becoming quite ridiculous. Quick story my 2017 at 14000 miles lost a wheel bearing in the front, not a big deal you would think except the simple fact they are on National backorder for 3 months meanwhile I need to get to work everyday with my truck which is totally stock at this point I usually do things to them but this one I left alone. They actually told me to go rent a vehicle and wait for the units to get back in stock I walked into a Napa bought the part out of my own pocket and paid to have it installed truck is running fine this was about 3 months ago I just got informed yesterday they're back in stock now LOL thanks Ford sideline a $60,000 vehicle over a wheel bearing that's quality. After I did the repair I expected them to pay me they told me no I said why not it would be covered under the drivetrain 60000 mile warranty I used a non Ford part of course sfk makes the bearings for every manufacturer including Ford like I said I'm done with it my dealer offered to give me the cash himself, did not want too lose me I said that's enough take I feel your pain but I hate to say I think all manufacturers are going this way don't think it will be greener on the other side General bail out Motors or Ram good luck take care

Old 11-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Jswenski
New User
Angry

So the latest update after my conversation with Ford corporate this morning... "Sorry Sir, I understand your frustration however their is nothing that I can do." So I guess the next step for me will be to once more contact the regional office and plead my case one more time. Perhaps they will reconsider their decision and at least provide some type of assistance. If that doesn't lead to at least mediocre satisfaction my effort will have to move on to the Better Business Bureau.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Your best bet is to accept the fact your truck is out of warranty, you did not purchase an extended warranty and stop complaining that you aren't being treated fairly. Ford, Chrysler nor GM are not obligated to pay for repairs once your warranty is expired.

The BBB isn't going to do anything for you. Reporting Ford or the dealer isn't going to accomplish anything.

Time to stop whining and time to suck it up. You need to now bite the bullet for a new radiator.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:58 AM
DavidT.
Elder User
I understand your frustration but you are outside your warranty period.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Jswenski
New User
Not whining at all, just seems people are to accepting of poor service from the auto industry. Extended warranty is a way of making more money and making is seem acceptable to provide a poor product. Ford has cover these repairs for others, thus not making my expectations unreasonable at all. If there is a problem with my radiator now there has been a problem with it for longer than 1580 miles. The problem is a manufacturing defect and should be treated as such. Never asked anyone to share my opinion on the matter, just sharing my experience with others.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
You are not sharing your experience as much as you are whining and complaining. No one but you knows how you interacted with the dealer or Ford and this interaction may have been why neither wanted to help you.

There are numerous other threads on radiator problems, even with aftermarket brands. Even with the threads, the problem is amplified on the forums considering there probably a million or more trucks out there without radiator problems.

Enough is enough. Time to suck it up and get it replaced or replace it yourself.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:39 PM
polarlys
Senior User
I had a go-around with customer svc last year. And I was still in warranty. I think they are required to take a course in "warranty denial" before graduating from their training. Mine involved the failure of the factory installed trailer hitch. Nothing but lame excuses with absolutely no foundation and an ultimate denial. They lost a new car sale after this. I would have seriously considered their Lincoln SUV but went another route.

They should certainly have some consideration for a known problem even if out of warranty. But in the end they got you by the short hairs.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:38 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I think that all Ford owners need to fully understand that if you are one mile or one moment out of warranty, Ford declines coverage. With other brands, being a long term owner means something and that may mean something to some local dealerships but it seems to mean nothing to the Ford corporate offices.

Not all brands are like this and some should consider a different brand if this is a deal breaker for them and owning a Ford. I understand Ford's warranty position and have purchased an ESP plan.

bruce...

Old 11-09-2017, 03:05 PM
polarlys
Senior User
Exactly why I have the extended coverage also. But the run around they gave me would have been comical if it wasn't true. The final excuse they gave me for my trailer hitch failure was " caused by an outside force". They likes of which they could not give me an example. It cost me a whopping $170 to replace it with an after market one so it was to the point of not worth the battle for that. Welcome to FORD

Old 11-09-2017, 03:55 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I remember your story about the hitch. Even when Ford should cover an item under warranty they look for a reason to deny. Just the way Ford is and I wish all owners knew this prior to purchasing. At closing, when you buy a Ford vehicle, there are a million pieces of paper to be signed. There should be one stating, Ford Motor Company intends to only warranty cover to the exact limits of our hours and mileage. We also are going to be a PIA for parts that fail within the warranty coverage. The finance guy would make you sign this.

Bruce...

Quick Reply: Why is ford not interested in customer service