6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Why is ford not interested in customer service

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 06:54 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I personally have never had a problem with Ford covering a warranty item. They even covered the tranny on a used car that I bought for the granddaughter.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jswenski
Why? After owning nothing but Ford vehicles my adult life and only 37580 miles on my 2015 6.7f-350 am I fighting to get a radiator. I bought this truck to work and now I'm dead in the water. Seriously?
If I could offer you a little advice if your going to have to replace your radiator on your dime, spend the few extra dollars and buy one of the Mishimoto radiators, If you stick a Ford oen somewhere down the road your going to be doing this again, those friggin plastic parts will leak again. The Mishimoto may be more money but it will outlast a Ford one. Just my two cents

Old 11-10-2017, 05:45 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Pocketlint
If I could offer you a little advice if your going to have to replace your radiator on your dime, spend the few extra dollars and buy one of the Mishimoto radiators, If you stick a Ford oen somewhere down the road your going to be doing this again, those friggin plastic parts will leak again. The Mishimoto may be more money but it will outlast a Ford one. Just my two cents
There are reports here of the Mishimoto’s also having problems. For the price diff. I’ll stick with OEM.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Jswenski
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I probably would have taken your advice on that had the part not been ordered prior to finding out it wasn't going to be covered. As of now, radiator was installed last night and they are "guessing" the miss is due to a fault oil temp sensor. This part I found out will be covered by warranty, labor I have not heard. Still won't have my truck till Tuesday at the earliest. Going on two weeks nearly, I feel like I'm lost without it. Had to use one of the school trucks today to bring tools and material to my classroom/jobsite.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:47 PM
69cj
Hotshot
My bottom line wether it’s a truck, motorcycle or washing machine. The end date of the warranty is what it says. I don’t expect them to not honor it the day before it expires and I don’t expect them to cover it the day after. If they do, I hit the lotto.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If as you say, you bought your truck for work, it would have been prudent to have purchased an extended service plan to cover any breakage after 36Kmi
It's not Ford's fault that you are out of warranty.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:42 AM
bobv60
Fleet Mechanic
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
There are reports here of the Mishimoto’s also having problems. For the price diff. I’ll stick with OEM.
I just picked up a mishimoto and the newer ones have a two piece upper mounting stud. The old ones where all aluminum, the newer ones a rubber stud screws onto the radiator. Should give a lot more flex in the mount

Old 11-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by radium
Totally agree with you Ford is becoming Ford tough and no warranty. It was bad enough my 16 went through a few little problems but now my 17 was the last straw that broke my back. I've been buying Ford trucks since 1983 so it's safe to say I'm a Ford lover and other brands too of course they all have their faults nothing is perfect. The problem Ford has become unapproachable with any warranty issue even when you're in the mileage. They look for any way to worm their ways out of paying for a repair it's becoming quite ridiculous. Quick story my 2017 at 14000 miles lost a wheel bearing in the front, not a big deal you would think except the simple fact they are on National backorder for 3 months meanwhile I need to get to work everyday with my truck which is totally stock at this point I usually do things to them but this one I left alone. They actually told me to go rent a vehicle and wait for the units to get back in stock I walked into a Napa bought the part out of my own pocket and paid to have it installed truck is running fine this was about 3 months ago I just got informed yesterday they're back in stock now LOL thanks Ford sideline a $60,000 vehicle over a wheel bearing that's quality. After I did the repair I expected them to pay me they told me no I said why not it would be covered under the drivetrain 60000 mile warranty I used a non Ford part of course sfk makes the bearings for every manufacturer including Ford like I said I'm done with it my dealer offered to give me the cash himself, did not want too lose me I said that's enough take I feel your pain but I hate to say I think all manufacturers are going this way don't think it will be greener on the other side General bail out Motors or Ram good luck take care
1. That's nothing new...on our 3 month old 1965 mustang, it spun a wheel bearing on the rear axle........same story, backordered, my dad went in to see the parts manager (old racing bud of his) who wrote down the part number and told him the local buick dealer had it in stock......... dad got the part but handed it to the service manager...and they installed it, but no reimbursement for the bearing.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:20 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
My bottom line wether it’s a truck, motorcycle or washing machine. The end date of the warranty is what it says. I don’t expect them to not honor it the day before it expires and I don’t expect them to cover it the day after. If they do, I hit the lotto.
I feel this same way and agree with your statement 100%.

But we certainly see posts all the time stating that:
  • Expensive, highly optioned, complex modern trucks never should break.
  • I purchased my first Ford from Henry Sr. himself and have only driven Fords. My warranty has expired and it's going to take a very large check to fix my broken vehicle and Ford needs to do something or I will never purchase another.

I don't understand the thinking either way.

I remember a thread from a few years ago where someone was so pissed about a post warranty issue, they sold their truck in favor of a different brand and sold every other Ford in their house that was a Ford. I think they even claimed that their friends were selling their Fords over their warranty issue. Seems an ESP plan would have been cheaper but I chuckle a little, inside when I remember that thread.

Bruce...

Old 11-12-2017, 11:57 AM
69cj
Hotshot
With the complexity of todays vehicles I take out the ESP on all of them no matter the mfg. All the way from grand daughters Focus to wife's Mercedes and my F-350. Over all I am ahead of the game. Even if I wasn't I know that some surprise gigantic repair isn't going to hit at the most inopportune time. I'm a firm believer in Murphy's law. I do all my own maintenance and keep all receipts and a log book. Have never had them question a warranty repair.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:07 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 916 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
I feel this same way and agree with your statement 100%.

But we certainly see posts all the time stating that:
  • Expensive, highly optioned, complex modern trucks never should break.
  • I purchased my first Ford from Henry Sr. himself and have only driven Fords. My warranty has expired and it's going to take a very large check to fix my broken vehicle and Ford needs to do something or I will never purchase another.

I don't understand the thinking either way.

I remember a thread from a few years ago where someone was so pissed about a post warranty issue, they sold their truck in favor of a different brand and sold every other Ford in their house that was a Ford. I think they even claimed that their friends were selling their Fords over their warranty issue. Seems an ESP plan would have been cheaper but I chuckle a little, inside when I remember that thread.

Bruce...
You mean this guy? He was pretty hard to avoid there for several years. His last post was in 2013 thank goodness... If so, he was po'd for a long time, but it was warranty denial, not post warranty. The fuel contamination problem...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post13028020

Old 11-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Jswenski
New User
Well, I got my truck back yesterday... Yaaay... Oh wait, now I'm on the side of the road waiting for road side assistance because it is doing exactly the same thing. Again...

Old 11-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Jswenski
New User
Techs can't figure it out... Here is the senario if anyone has seen or has a clue please let me know. Truck ran fine after a new radiator and then they found a faulty oil temp sensor. Drove the truck back from the shop approx 35 miles and ran around for the evening moving trailers and such. No issues, total of 70 miles plus or minus. Started the truck in the morning and drove to my site, fifteen miles. Started truck at 11:20 and at 11:30. Approximately 1/2 mile down the road it started with the miss. Hard to explain. Like a electronic shuts down then starts back up. At 1200 rpm it will only drop to like 1000 and back at it. Hits hard and feels terrible. Went approx 6 miles, it's very intermittent but seems to be more frequent the longer it runs once it starts. Called the dealership, after pulling over and while on the phone temp gauge pegs bells whistles engine power decreased... The works. Shut the truck off, talked to the guy at the dealer. Called roadside. Start truck, still the miss, engine light on, temp normal and this is after five minutes on the phone. Truck on a wrecker, back to dealer.... Of course, no lights, no codes stored, no miss, nothing..... They ran it today at the shop and last night and it hasn't done it again... Anybody got a clue?

Old 11-17-2017, 08:34 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
Your best bet is to accept the fact your truck is out of warranty, you did not purchase an extended warranty and stop complaining that you aren't being treated fairly. Ford, Chrysler nor GM are not obligated to pay for repairs once your warranty is expired.

The BBB isn't going to do anything for you. Reporting Ford or the dealer isn't going to accomplish anything.

Time to stop whining and time to suck it up. You need to now bite the bullet for a new radiator.
I thought these had 5 yr, 100,000 mile warranty?

Old 11-17-2017, 08:56 AM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
I thought these had 5 yr, 100,000 mile warranty?
That is the diesel engine warranty, not bumper to bumper.

Quick Reply: Why is ford not interested in customer service