2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

I cannot believe I finally bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 12:24 AM
mokang
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow I cannot believe I finally bought it...

Yes folks it is yet another post being made by a new owner, but wow I just cannot explain how blown away I am with this truck. 8 years ago I moved to the PNW and started to borrow my cousin's 7.3l '01 F350 and loved it. Eventually I bought a 6.8l v10 gasser excursion to haul my race cars around in. About 2 years ago I bought my first truck a really nice '16 F150 w/3.5l ecoboost. I started really drooling on super duties again after the refresh and of course after I purchased a 30' toy hauler.

I like many of you started shopping for a reasonably priced truck... and said I think I can get away with some end of year discounts to land a mid to high 50's final price on a truck. Then of course I learned about the tow tech package... and then I realized active cruise is just too cool to not have (and helpful for my inevitable road rage). Of course then the LED's came into play and finally... i was really disappointed with the two tone interior when it comes to the headliner/pillar color change.

After shopping around in September and getting lowballed on my trade-in I about gave up the hopes for a 350. Then about a week ago I had one of the worst buying experiences I have ever had with some super shady tactics. The next day I had a much better experience at another dealer, but they still were withholding "best" deal in my opinion and I just wanted a straight forward low price experience. Sound Ford in Renton, Wa is where I bought my F150 and I saw they had a Black Platinum in transit... I was stoked about the potential discount, plus it had 3 simple options Platinum Ultimate, Upfitter Switches and vinyl floors! I walked in and found out it was in fact still in route.. no problem since I already knew I wanted it. After a quick negotiation on truck then trade-in (5% over KBB instant trade) we agreed on a deal at about 14.5% off MSRP after rebates. I was happy since it was 1500 more on my truck than the previous 3 dealers offers and the biggest discount on a truck I had found locally. I pulled the trigger saturday and the waiting game started. Now I have ordered a car in the past and had a painful wait (BMW euro delivery), but 2.5 days was pretty painful for me to be honest.

I already have a set of wheels on the way, need to order tires and decide on leveling kit before I install them. I am strongly considering a first time ever paint protection film (Xpel) since it's black & the painted bumpers have me a bit paranoid.

For those on the fence or about to place an order/scoop up a deal on the dealer lot... here's my advice.
  • Buy One
  • Yes - Get one with LED's
  • Yes - Active Cruise isn't perfect, but pretty much a must have
  • If you are ordering... get the vinyl floors since it's a rare find on the lot

(pic taken by my car obsessed 6 yr old)

Thanks for letting me hangout and read so much information... why didn't I do this sooner!?!??!!

Old 11-01-2017, 01:54 AM
Black Helmet
Senior User
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Another awesome ride running around the PNW! Congrats.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:02 AM
TheLex
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome - enjoy the truck. Looks great!

Old 11-01-2017, 03:44 AM
chargerrich
Junior User
Awesome truck man!

I almost got the platinum, but decided on a 350 Dually Lariat Ultimate with LED and Adaptive.

You know what is worse than waiting for your truck to be built/delivered?

Having already signed the papers, layout the cash and then drive by the truck you bought everyday while it sits at the dealer getting a host of upfitting (lift, wheels, tires, tint, linex, light bars, power boards, truck box).

The wait is almost over... i expect to drive her home late this week!

Old 11-01-2017, 05:35 AM
avinnc
New User
That's awesome! Pretty close to my story... Never dreamed I would've paid $70K for a NEW car, but after seeing and driving the new Super Duty, it was over!

Congrats!

Old 11-01-2017, 06:18 AM
ShotgunZ71
Tuned
Received 98 Likes on 67 Posts
Congrats on the truck!

Old 11-01-2017, 06:19 AM
tibadoe
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

Old 11-01-2017, 08:19 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Sweet! The black Platinums are the best, in my opinion.

I hate adaptive cruise, personally. Wouldn't want it. Was driving our 2014 Lincoln to the airport yesterday at 2AM. Was definitely tired, using adaptive cruise, and the Lincoln was maintaining distance on a straight truck. I failed to notice I was only going the same 60MPH the truck was going. It took 15 minutes for me to notice. My fault, and I was tired, but in reality if I was using regular cruise I would have caught up and been forced to pass. Its "cool" but in my opinion serves no real purpose, especially since it cannot come to a complete stop.

The LED's are superior to the quad beam halogens. I've now had two 2017 Super Duty trucks, one with, and one without...plus a Raptor with them. On low beam, I'd actually say the halogens put out nearly as much light as the LED lights. On low beam, the halogens actually operate 4 beams plus the fog lights. The LED lights only operate two beams plus the fog lights. But on high beam, the LED lamps operate all four and blow the quad halogens away. They look cooler, too...although the quad halogens have a unique appearance because I believe these trucks are the only vehicles on the road operating 4 low beam lamps at once.

I'm contemplating converting my current 250 truck to the factory LED's. We'll see how it does in winter.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:24 AM
walleyeman
Mountain Pass
Very Nice Truck!

Old 11-01-2017, 09:44 AM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
Sweet! The black Platinums are the best, in my opinion.

I hate adaptive cruise, personally. Wouldn't want it. Was driving our 2014 Lincoln to the airport yesterday at 2AM. Was definitely tired, using adaptive cruise, and the Lincoln was maintaining distance on a straight truck. I failed to notice I was only going the same 60MPH the truck was going. It took 15 minutes for me to notice. My fault, and I was tired, but in reality if I was using regular cruise I would have caught up and been forced to pass. Its "cool" but in my opinion serves no real purpose, especially since it cannot come to a complete stop.

The LED's are superior to the quad beam halogens. I've now had two 2017 Super Duty trucks, one with, and one without...plus a Raptor with them. On low beam, I'd actually say the halogens put out nearly as much light as the LED lights. On low beam, the halogens actually operate 4 beams plus the fog lights. The LED lights only operate two beams plus the fog lights. But on high beam, the LED lamps operate all four and blow the quad halogens away. They look cooler, too...although the quad halogens have a unique appearance because I believe these trucks are the only vehicles on the road operating 4 low beam lamps at once.

I'm contemplating converting my current 250 truck to the factory LED's. We'll see how it does in winter.
Hey Trover, it looks like you went to a Raptor and went back to an XLT F250. What happened man?

Old 11-01-2017, 10:13 AM
stewy604
Elder User
Congrats man, nice rig!

Old 11-01-2017, 11:57 AM
blk17250
Junior User
Congrats Nice truck. Nice job by the youngun taking a picture too.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:28 PM
mokang
Freshman User
Thanks guys! Beyond stoked of course... time to make a few changes to tweak it to mine.

PS. I love the vinyl floors as well!

Old 11-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats man.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:54 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Congrats and great deal! Did it exclude the hubcaps, or did you just leave them off?

Quick Reply: I cannot believe I finally bought it...