Sponsored by:

80 - 86 Rear Quarter Panels

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM
AbandonedBronco
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
80 - 86 Rear Quarter Panels

Hi all,
I'm looking to repair rust on my Bronco and it's spread throughout both rear quarter panels. The little patch that most sites seem to sell isn't enough.

Does anyone know where one can buy a full quarter panel for an 80 - 86?

Most sites sell 78-79 and 87-96, but skip the bullnose. I'm continually coming up empty handed.

I've read an 87-96 will fit, but the lines are completely different around the wheel wells and I don't want the front wheel arches and rear wheel arches looking different.

Anyone know where someone can find these?

Old 10-19-2017, 12:06 PM
1985 Bronco
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is the closest thing to a full quarter available for 80-86, and is what I used on my bronco. Be advised, the indent for the fuel door was not stamped as well as the factory one. Comparison pictures are in my build thread.

https://tabcoparts.com/60158.html

NOS ones show up occasionally, or you could buy a rust free parts truck if you really want a full quarter. Is this for your 81, or does the new bronco have rust?

Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 PM
AbandonedBronco
Thanks, that's what I've been looking for! Much better than that little patch.

I see what you mean on the fuel door. I wonder how much trouble it'd be to cut the old one out and reuse it instead.

The new Bronco I got has a little rust on the quarter panel and tailgate, and was minimal enough I overlooked it and figured I'd just have a body shop cut it out and clean it up and I'd have a very nice, straight Bronco. But... finding the panel has proven very difficult. And finding a body shop to do it has been even more so.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:13 PM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Abandoned, there is a FULL set available through Continental Auto Parts out of NJ (Phone: (973)621-0006 / Fax: (973)621-8687 ), we deal with them as a jobber (NAPA). Don't know if that'd help you much, but for what it's worth, I bought a set on chance (no pictures on their website); they are FULL panels from the door B-pillar up to the seam for the roof and all the way back around the tail-lamps.

PN# 1016.0245
QUARTER PANEL - RH
FORD BRONCO FULL SIZE 1980-1986
Replaces FoMoCo #E0TZ9827840A

PN# 1016.0246
QUARTER PANEL - LH
FORD BRONCO FULL SIZE 1980-1986
Replaces FoMoCo #E0TZ9827841A

I can try and find you pictures of how mine showed up if you're interested.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:29 PM
AbandonedBronco
Heya fiftyford,
I already ordered a replacement panel from Temco (it's not the entire quarter panel, but it's a good chunk) and the Bronco's at the body shop, otherwise I'd totally take you up on that. But, it's great to know they're still out there.

Thanks for the information though! Much appreciated.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:39 PM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Not a problem, I figured I might be a little late to the party. So far the only full quarter reproductions I've found. Ordered a set for my '81... Very similar to yours that I'm redoing.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:30 PM
tymahaney
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old thread I realize, but I would be very interested in seeing those panels if you could dig up a couple pics @fiftyfordfloored ! I've got an 84 Bronco that the previous owner installed full 87-96 style quarters on and I would like to install the proper ones if I can find them. I've tried everywhere I can think of as well; LMC, Dennis, Sherman, Green, etc with no luck yet.

Thanks!

Old 11-05-2018, 07:03 PM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Originally Posted by tymahaney
Old thread I realize, but I would be very interested in seeing those panels if you could dig up a couple pics @fiftyfordfloored ! I've got an 84 Bronco that the previous owner installed full 87-96 style quarters on and I would like to install the proper ones if I can find them. I've tried everywhere I can think of as well; LMC, Dennis, Sherman, Green, etc with no luck yet.

Thanks!
I dug one out for your viewing pleasure. Other side is the same. Metal thickness measures 19-19.5 gauge. Thicker and thinner in some areas but very close to what I measured of of the original panel on the truck. Quarter weighs about 25lbs.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:54 AM
tymahaney
New User
That's awesome @fiftyfordfloored ! Thanks so much! Hopefully they are still available. Do you happen to know what manufacturing company produced those panels in case they aren't available through Continental?

Old 11-06-2018, 09:15 AM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
That's awesome @fiftyfordfloored ! Thanks so much! Hopefully they are still available. Do you happen to know what manufacturing company produced those panels in case they aren't available through Continental?
Nope. Just said made in Taiwan on the box. I think you may need a store or body shop to order them for you unless you have a jobber account. Hopefully they keep making them. I have half a mind to order like four sets just in case for all future Bronco shenanigans.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:23 AM
tymahaney
New User
I just spoke to them, they are still available! The only problem is, you have to have a registered account with them as a business to order, or if you're an individual you have to be there in person, and pay up front to order. I am up in Canada, so that won't work for me. Do you have an account with them @fiftyfordfloored ?

Old 11-06-2018, 09:26 AM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
I just spoke to them, they are still available! The only problem is, you have to have a registered account with them as a business to order, or if you're an individual you have to be there in person, and pay up front to order. I am up in Canada, so that won't work for me. Do you have an account with them @fiftyfordfloored ?
I do through work (NAPA). We actually do a lot of business with them; great company. That's how I got them for mine.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:37 AM
tymahaney
New User
@fiftyfordfloored Could you take an order from through NAPA from a Canadian? If so, what is your contact information? I'd send you a PM, but I'm a noobie and can't yet haha.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:04 AM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
@fiftyfordfloored Could you take an order from through NAPA from a Canadian? If so, what is your contact information? I'd send you a PM, but I'm a noobie and can't yet haha.
The boss wouldn't, but I would. I could buy them outright and then sell them to you. Only two problems with that... One, the quarter panels are expensive. Not '67 Shelby Mustang expensive, but they're enough. Two, I have no idea how much it'd cost you for me to ship them up.

As far as the PM, I think you have to turn on your messaging option because I can't message you ether.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:12 PM
tymahaney
New User
Originally Posted by fiftyfordfloored
The boss wouldn't, but I would. I could buy them outright and then sell them to you. Only two problems with that... One, the quarter panels are expensive. Not '67 Shelby Mustang expensive, but they're enough. Two, I have no idea how much it'd cost you for me to ship them up.

As far as the PM, I think you have to turn on your messaging option because I can't message you ether.
Nah, I have to be a member for 10 days before the PM system is accessible. As for shipping, I have an address in Maine that I frequently ship to, so it might not be too bad if you're staying within the ConUS. The list price they gave me was $315 for the LH side, but she said that with an account it would likely be about 40% less. Would you mind checking into it for me when you get a chance? I've actually got a line on a NOS factory Ford RH quarter locally.

Also, for reference, here's what my '84 looks like with 87-86 rear quarters.

Quick Reply: 80 - 86 Rear Quarter Panels