stand alone 7.3 harness?? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stand alone 7.3 harness??

Old 10-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Junior User

robbv is starting off with a positive reputation.
stand alone 7.3 harness??

hey dose anyone have the diagrams for a 01 7.3 for the engine or what can be eliminated from the harness in the cab

i will be keeling the factory harness and fuse panel just would like to know if anywhere anyones done such a swap

i am pulling the body this week and starting a cab swap to a 46 mercury

but i would love if someone has done something similar and has any idea

thanks
Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Elder User

retiredsparky has a great reputation on FTE.retiredsparky has a great reputation on FTE.retiredsparky has a great reputation on FTE.retiredsparky has a great reputation on FTE.
The job you are proposing is harder with the 7.3 than a cummins because fewer guys swap a 7.3. But that said, Alldata is one source for wire diagrams. They are at alldatadiy.com

I am sure others can chime in with more expensive sources of wiring layouts.

I encourage you to replace any wiring/connectors that seem questionable. Use good quality, finely stranded wiring to dupicate the quality of the o.e.m. wiring. Look for critter chewing on the insulation or vibration caused wear spots. Definitely replace the under valve cover harnesses-the newer connectors are going to be more reliable. Look for corrosion in the connectors.
Larry
Old 10-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Junior User

cool thanks a lot man i know what i have on my plate and i am ok with that... i beat to my own drum and this is something i have wanted to do for a long time...

i plan to try and simplify the harness for the PCM as i will not have airbags i will not have seatbelt sensors and so forth

the truck i have was running i drove in to where it sits and started to strip the interior and prepare for lifting the cab of the frame and remove the harness from the cab and re and re in to the 46 mercury cab

the dash will be stripped to metal and i will be using the mounting locations for the column and will attach that to the cab of the 46 well

i notice your also from BC retiredsparky i am in the interior and hoping theres no critter eating my wires
Old 10-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Junior User

any one have any ideas as to what these connectors are for or what they go to

as for now i have everything still attached to the harness i am just trying to dig threw the 454 pages of harness diagrams for the friggin truck
Old 10-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Postmaster

cleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputation
See my posts in this thread. This is the harness for my 1973 7.3 conversion. I kept cruise control and the electronic shift on the fly intact.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...350-7-3-a.html
Old 10-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
See my posts in this thread. This is the harness for my 1973 7.3 conversion. I kept cruise control and the electronic shift on the fly intact.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...350-7-3-a.html

HEY do u by any chance have anything else other then those photos thats what i wanna do but have no clue where to start

id assume thats the PCM and IDM and what was the little black box beside it also dud u use the 7.3 column
Old 10-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Junior User

also i have manual trans and manual transfer case and don't want to have power windows or door locks in the 46 so i wanna eliminate as many wires as i can
Old 10-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Elder User

retiredsparky has a great reputation on FTE.retiredsparky has a great reputation on FTE.retiredsparky has a great reputation on FTE.retiredsparky has a great reputation on FTE.
The PCM was located in the cab by the parking brake pedal. The IDM for the injectors was hidden behind the drivers side plastic inner fender (but outside the engine compartment).

You can eliminate air bags, window control wiring, door locks, etc without a problem.

One important connector you should retain is located above your knees under the dash. This connector faces down for connection to a scanner or computer for reading codes, resetting codes, reading engine operating data, troubleshooting. Do not discard this wiring.
Larry